Opinion We’re doing not bad

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are last with the worst f/A in the comp. There isn't any structure or style in our plays. We just have the effort and that isn't enough to win you games.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It just drives ya nuts watching them at the moment

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I turned off the game 4 times and turned it back on.... the dumb shit I see some of our players do is not acceptable in first grade. We supposedly play safe footy and still manage to fuck up the most simple plays. A stupid forward pass, a stupid knock on, a stupid pass to the ball boy and stupid kicks that go dead giving the opposition 7 tackle set and completely changing momentum. You can not possibly throw average first grade players in all the most important positions in the squad and expect to see consistent results.

Yes we are so called rebuilding but placing the same players in the team doing the same dumb things consistently is showing us supporters that you are dumb as dog shit. Either change the problem or fix it.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Catch up footy puts too much pressure on players but simple catching is a joke.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have the least experienced team, they're reserve graders surrounding Jackson and Tolman.

Way I look at it, when the Knights were rebuilding, they were fucking woeful. They'd get 50 put on them and noone would notice.

We are competing with every team more or less, we lose, but it's competitive. For a bunch of newbies who aren't that flash hot that's really a good thing to see.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It just drives ya nuts watching them at the moment
They’ve been driving me nuts watching them since 2013. Nearly 7 years of rubbish. We haven’t made the top four since 2012. If you don’t make top 4 you’re really not a good team! Not good enough for a club that has the best and richest leagues club in the Southern Hemisphere!

We’ve had monkeys and self interested people run our joint for years! In fighting and rubbish that goes on and on and on. We haven’t seen the true value of our new administration but they better do something soon or give us some good news to look forward to for next year.

Our club is an absolute embarrassment!

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I turned off the game 4 times and turned it back on.... the dumb shit I see some of our players do is not acceptable in first grade. We supposedly play safe footy and still manage to fuck up the most simple plays. A stupid forward pass, a stupid knock on, a stupid pass to the ball boy and stupid kicks that go dead giving the opposition 7 tackle set and completely changing momentum. You can not possibly throw average first grade players in all the most important positions in the squad and expect to see consistent results.

Yes we are so called rebuilding but placing the same players in the team doing the same dumb things consistently is showing us supporters that you are dumb as dog shit. Either change the problem or fix it.
He dropped Licha. He is trying. There is nobody else out there. Brown didn't set the world on fire. What can he do drop okunbor for Montoya? That will fix it.
Drop Lewis for Foran oh that's right he is injured again.
Maybe if we didn't spend 1mil on Foran who plays 5 games all year we could bring some talent in.
I get we're all frustrated and want to see dogs succeed and win premiership. It's not happening this year.
Best we can hope for is effort and we're seeing that at the moment no doubt. It's the inexperience that is killing us. And more games these kids string together the better we'll be next couple of years when we can bring talent in.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was 50/50 on winning last night before kick off. To be honest up till the last 10 minutes i thought we could still win. Okinbur contributes to our loss. Lewis had a poor game with many errors. Maybe a stint in reserves might do him good. I was hoping he would take control but makes poor choices during a game. To me cogger is getting better and was happy with his 40/20. Our kicking game was poor and our forwards struggled to make the metres we needed to get in their half. Once we did we were dangerous but again cant work out why their starving a top class winger in smith off the ball. I know we lost because of poor choices and mistakes but we nearly won and thats encouraging. It was tight we were in the game till the end. So many on the bottom for and against is a big factor moving up the ladder.

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
I know we are losing but at least I am on the edge of my seat most games its the 1 percenter's we need to improve on. So although I am frustrated I am at least enjoying our footy.
Amen to that.
I'd rather lose while having a crack than lose like we were under Hasler's boring,rigid,structured way.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Havent seen any improvment in our attack.. the halves had more than enough ball and field position in the second half to setup more than 1 try..

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Consider if we had beaten Manly we would be sitting 11th today not 16th.

Give us a few weeks for the table to become less congested and we will see how bad we are going. We are definite bottom 4 material.

Last edited:

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consider if we had beaten Manly we would be sitting 11th today not 16th.

Give us a few weeks for the table to become less congested and we will see how bad we are going. We are definite bottom 4 material.
The way we are playing and the teams we are coming up against I doubt we will get any beret then 16th unfortunately :(

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
We are seriously the dumbest team in the comp.

And why we always wait til the last tackle to do anything is beyond me.

At least Cogger is showing some promise.