WCC - St Helens v Roosters

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't see the game but Kyle looked good when he was playing for the Sharks and we know that not even Cronk and Keary clicked from the get go
I thought he was super average at sharks

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
they looked more like a typical Sharks team when he was in the squad.. not sure where they think they are going with Moylan and SJ

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There was a period last year where SJ was injured and Flanagan and Townsend were playing really well together (bar goal kicking :tonguewink: ). If SJ didn't have the price tag (and reputation) he has I don't think Flanagan would of lost his spot. You can take what you like from that. I was surprised they chose Townsend over Flanagan personally (for salary cap and longevity reasons mainly).

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They were only without Cordner and Billy Smith. As I've argued with many Roosters fans online who claim they were without Latrell and Cronk... That's a scheduling issue of the game as those 2 aren't in the Chooks top 30 so that excuse can't be used imo. Regardless of ability I believe having Coote, Percival and Grace out was massive as that makes up their whole left edge in attack inside the 20 and highlights why Lomax had such a hard time with the rookies outside him butchering a few opportunities
Of course it can be used. They played in the team that won the grand final last year, and they are not in the team competing for the WCC. It's pretty black and white. Regardless of the reasons why they are not there, the fact is that they are not.
St. Helen's are also 3 weeks into their season after a full off season, whereas the roosters still have 3 weeks or more until the season kicks off. So there is a massive disparity there.
I hate the roosters as much, if not more, then any team, but they took their chances and capitalised on them. They deserved the win. They were the better side.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fuck those hands for the try
He’s not your average prop is he? He’ll be great for us. I can’t believe people sooked over this signing haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s not your average prop is he? He’ll be great for us. I can’t believe people sooked over this signing haha
I was talking about Tupou..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of youngsters at the Sharks get saddled with a huge amount of hype for some reason. The little I've seen of him was in a lower grade game against our juniors last year. The commentary team creamed themselves whenever he touched the ball regardless of the fact that he didn't really do anything all game with it. I don't reserve any particular hatred for the kid, but since he's at the Roosters, I hope they paid through the nose for him and he's never more than a depth player there.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brilliant first hit out. Our defence is again going to be our nexus this year. It's great during the regular season but exceptional during finals.

JWH looks to have trimmed down a bit, but is a mad as ever. I love him.
The Flannery - Manu combo is going to be a points generator this year. Flanno has a really good left to right and Manu looked in beast mode early taking on four defenders to score his second. Latrell who?
Expecting big improvements from Collins, Butcher and Tupouniua this year.
Not sure about Crichton at center. If we can't spread the defence line because they stack their left against our right due to Angus not being any threat, I can't see him lasting.

Luke Thompson was tremendous, a bit undisciplined, but he is fearless and will add to your pack no doubt. I don't see him dominating like he does in the ESL, but he'll certainly lift your aggression and go forward. The other that impressed me was that young Matthew Lees (number 15) for St Helens. Stood tall against our forwards and didn't take a backward step. Was knocked backwards by the rampaging mullet, but he didn't back down.