Reaction score

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Started watching a bit.. Joey Manu is going to go to another level this season.. He looks massive now too!

Thompson has six missed tackles so far.. Has he just been falling off a few tackles? It's surprising he's only had 7 runs also..
Thompson has been charging out trying to smack players so he hasn't completed a few tackles even if he knocked them or slowed them down. Don't think he should play as an out and our prop for us, that doesn't look like his go.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thompson has been charging out trying to smack players so he hasn't completed a few tackles even if he knocked them or slowed them down. Don't think he should play as an out and our prop for us, that doesn't look like his go.
Fair enough. I don't mind those kinds of missed tackles as much. At least he has the intent to fuck someone up!

I still think with a full NRL offseason his body will change and he'll put on size.. His footwork and speed would be a huge advantage as a prop. But I agree that he could also thrive at lock and I believe he may have played there for England previously..

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Started watching a bit.. Joey Manu is going to go to another level this season.. He looks massive now too!

Thompson has six missed tackles so far.. Has he just been falling off a few tackles? It's surprising he's only had 7 runs also..
He's been underwhelming all game. I'm not sure front row is his best position.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's been underwhelming all game. I'm not sure front row is his best position.
As I said above, his speed and footwork would create mismatches for him in attack but if he doesn't bulk up then maybe a move to lock could be considered?

Either way we're lucky he can play both and I'm sure he'll only improve from this game and after a full offseason and training/playing against NRL forwards every day. He'll figure it out one way or another.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Saints had Coote, Percival and Grace I think they would have scored 1-2 tries when the inexperienced guys on the left bombed a few chances. Also Woolf fucked up leaving Roby off for so long and not having Thompson and Walmsley come back on together for the power play in the second half...
Quite ironic that they finally try power their way over the line with Walmsley when the game is over lol, went sideways for 60 mins or one out shit from dummy half lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roosters will struggle without keary as flannagan is average af
People underestimate the impact of the loss of Cronk and Latrell. I think the Roosters will struggle in attack some games and come back to the pack a bit.

Flanagan is solid all round. He's a poor mans version of Cleary.. Not great in any one area, very little flair but a good all round player who is fairly reliable. Flanagan seems more like a worker/organising half...

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
As I said above, his speed and footwork would create mismatches for him in attack but if he doesn't bulk up then maybe a move to lock could be considered?

Either way we're lucky he can play both and I'm sure he'll only improve from this game and after a full offseason and training/playing against NRL forwards every day. He'll figure it out one way or another.
Yeah no doubt he'll be an asset to our team. But yes lock would suit his style moreso as it'll give him more freedom to pick and choose his runs.
Time will tell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fair enough. I don't mind those kinds of missed tackles as much. At least he has the intent to fuck someone up!

I still think with a full NRL offseason his body will change and he'll put on size.. His footwork and speed would be a huge advantage as a prop. But I agree that he could also thrive at lock and I believe he may have played there for England previously..
In all honesty there are heaps players in the NRL that are better props than him lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In all honesty there are heaps players in the NRL that are better props than him lol
I think he will hold his own in the NRL but I don't think he will come out and dominate.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think he will hold his own in the NRL but I don't think he will come out and dominate.
He ain't not Taupau, AFB, Hass, Fifita, etc. Defenitely think things could get ugly if the plan is to have him leading our go forward.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He ain't not Taupau, AFB, Hass, Fifita, etc. Defenitely think things could get ugly if the plan is to have him leading our go forward.
We still need to sign that fit big bopper up front, I like the idea of having him at lock if we can sign someone else up front.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We still need to sign that fit big bopper up front, I like the idea of having him at lock if we can sign someone else up front.
8. To'omaga
10. Napa
13. Thompson

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No Coote, Grace and Percival. Thats their fullback, winger and best centre/goal-kicker ... Expect a big Roosters win and Manu to havea a great game against an inexperienced defensive left edge.

I know Roosters are missing Cronk, but fuck me these guys get lucky in WCC matches. Last season they got Wigan without Tomkins boys, Bateman and a few others.
They were also without LM and Cordner.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roosters will struggle without keary as flannagan is average af
I didn't see the game but Kyle looked good when he was playing for the Sharks and we know that not even Cronk and Keary clicked from the get go

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
8. To'omaga
10. Napa
13. Thompson
Yeah could get the job done. Makes our edge more reliable with CHN and Jackson (even though I wanted him at lock) but would beat having Elliot, Britt or Stimson there in his current state

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They were also without LM and Cordner.
They were only without Cordner and Billy Smith. As I've argued with many Roosters fans online who claim they were without Latrell and Cronk... That's a scheduling issue of the game as those 2 aren't in the Chooks top 30 so that excuse can't be used imo. Regardless of ability I believe having Coote, Percival and Grace out was massive as that makes up their whole left edge in attack inside the 20 and highlights why Lomax had such a hard time with the rookies outside him butchering a few opportunities