Opinion Wayne bennett

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: there is a story , a boy was born with no arms and no legs, his dad took him to the pub on his 18th birthday for his first beer. After stumpy’s first sip , poof out popped all his limbs. Lesson learnt, took consummate with your sister
Lessons learned reading any of your posts.

Don't sniff glue
And
Don't do hard drugs

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Let the poor bloke retire ffs, he's like 106.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne Bennett looks like an older version of Clint Eastwood

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: there is a story , a boy was born with no arms and no legs, his dad took him to the pub on his 18th birthday for his first beer. After stumpy’s first sip , poof out popped all his limbs. Lesson learnt, took consummate with your sister
You do know this is a footy forum and not a special needs therapy session..?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Er, Greg Eastwood?
Clint Eastwood is 20 years older than Wayne Bennett. Just sayin’.
Fuckin Clint... I went to his restaurant The Ranch just outside Carmel to have a selfy with my all time favourite actor. Prick wasn't there waiting for me...:tearsofjoy:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Fuckin Clint... I went to his restaurant The Ranch just outside Carmel to have a selfy with my all time favourite actor. Prick wasn't there waiting for me...:tearsofjoy:
The hide of him!
Doesn’t he know who you think you are?

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You do know this is a footy forum and not a special needs therapy session..?
Bulldogs fan here: ah yes your quiet right old chap ah ahah ..... but your get why I said that.... stupid post and silly comments thinking he should come to dogs

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
While i think Dean Pay currently does not have the cattle, the simple fact is the team in general and the majority of players are not improving under his tutelage as many on this forum have suggested.

The question for me is "Who should be our next coach?".

We have quite a number of good youngsters coming through at the moment. That to me suggests a coach with "significant NRL experience" not someone stepping up from our lower grades or someone who is an assistant coach at another club. He also has to show he prefers to prioritise youth over recycling or keeping far too many older players who are just average. Bear in mind though 2 or 3 experienced players are a must.

A lot of coaches have served good apprenticeships under Bellamy and Bennett and then gone on to have good careers as head coaches. We need someone who has gone down that path and is currently available.

To me the best option is Anthony Griffin. Sacked under mysterious circumstances by the "god of football" when inside the top 8 with just a few rounds to go and then they went out without a whimper. Griffin has shown he can make the tough but correct decisions and is not tactically inept.

Can any kennelers think of a better option? I can't.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While i think Dean Pay currently does not have the cattle, the simple fact is the team in general and the majority of players are not improving under his tutelage as many on this forum have suggested.

The question for me is "Who should be our next coach?".

We have quite a number of good youngsters coming through at the moment. That to me suggests a coach with "significant NRL experience" not someone stepping up from our lower grades or someone who is an assistant coach at another club. He also has to show he prefers to prioritise youth over recycling or keeping far too many older players who are just average. Bear in mind though 2 or 3 experienced players are a must.

A lot of coaches have served good apprenticeships under Bellamy and Bennett and then gone on to have good careers as head coaches. We need someone who has gone down that path and is currently available.

To me the best option is Anthony Griffin. Sacked under mysterious circumstances by the "god of football" when inside the top 8 with just a few rounds to go and then they went out without a whimper. Griffin has shown he can make the tough but correct decisions and is not tactically inept.

Can any kennelers think of a better option? I can't.
The weird thing about Hook is he coached for 173 1st Grade games for Broncs and Chocolate soldiers for a 96/76 win-loss ratio of 55%..? I wonder how many 1st grade coaches have a better win %?

Craig Bellamy 69%
Trent Robinson 63% (Sombrero cap)
Wayne Bennett 62%
Des Hasler 58%
A Seibold 56%
A Griffin 55%
P Green 53%
M Maguire 51%
R Stuart 50%
B Arthur 48%
Ivan Cleary 47%
P McGregor 47%
J Morris 44%
D Pay 36%
S Kearney 35%

I did not bother with O'Brien or Holbrook as they a 1st year coaches.

At the very least we could look at bringing Hook in as a Football manager/Advisor for Pay, considering he has hands on experience at the Storm, Broncos and under Gould at Penrith he would come relatively cheap and bring a wealth of knowledge??