Opinion Wayne bennett

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
some people really need to get off their moral high horse and give up the crusade with the "no grubs" at my club...

tell me when was the last time a nice guy team won the premiership???

shit I bet if we had a team similar to 2004 half of the kennel would go into melt down because of the dickheads policy..

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
The days of Bennett attracting players is long gone, he couldn't even get Boyd to follow him to the Wabbits. Plus Frizell passed on Bennett (despite Cook's best efforts) and chose an unproven O'Brien instead. Next will be DFafita to reject Bennett, even though he has already coached him.

Go Dogs
Rubbish

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So you'd stick with Pay or start all over again with another unproven coach? Each to their own mate

Green was un proven
Roosters coach was un proven

What has Bannet done the past 10 years?

what did he do with the English team?

I would rather stick with pay or go with Flanagan

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Green was un proven

Flanagan? Nah. Just not the right person atm.

I don't necessarily see the next appointment as being the person to bring us the next title. Personally think we're a good 2-3 years away from that.

But we need to stabilize. Get consistent. Develop from within. Think Bennett could really set us up with a 2-3 year stint.

Don't think we'll go after him. Hope.we don't need to change coaches and Pay succeeds. Really do.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanagan? Nah. Just not the right person atm.

I don't necessarily see the next appointment as being the person to bring us the next title. Personally think we're a good 2-3 years away from that.

But we need to stabilize. Get consistent. Develop from within. Think Bennett could really set us up with a 2-3 year stint.

Don't think we'll go after him. Hope.we don't need to change coaches and Pay succeeds. Really do.

i think given the right cattle Pay can produce something at this club, it’s not far to judge him while we haven’t been able to purchase anyone decent for 3 years and have lost all our experience.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i think given the right cattle Pay can prouder something at this club, it’s not far to judge him while we haven’t been able to purchase anyone decent for 3 years and have lost all our experience.
Hope so mate. Will have this season to prove himself and do hope that he can. While I agree with what you're saying about the 'right cattle' with Pay not really having the right players for him we also can't overlook the fact he hasn't perhaps made the progress that we would want with the players he's got. I honestly expect more from him as a coach entering his 3rd year, is it not?

Again though, I really hope he kicks on this year. Think a lot of that will hinge around whether Foran stays fit!

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Green was un proven

I agree to go with Flanagan...Pays trying too hard to be the players best friend, it doesn't work. Flanagan is no nonsense, bullheaded coach who likes to create tough teams... he doesn't take any shit and he's a miserable ****... Perfect!!!

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People are always on about recruiting a new coach. Dont they realise that the coach is not the problem. Its the roster.
Yeah poor roster but shit team selections and you tell me whats the f@#king game plan?!?
No player under Pay has gotten any better then what they were...
Whats the definition of insanity?
Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result!

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Green was un proven

Bennett is still a a coach to be reckoned with, if the right roster and cash is avialible but he has short term goals and needs so he does not fit with us. Green had an immortal and friends etc and Robinson walked into Sombrero Cap (but has done a good job regardless).

Oh, and as previously mentioned, FUCK Flanagan, the drug cheating, salary cap rorting, feral yob.

Pay should get an extension for a year to include 2021 but only if the club brings in a separate offense coach with a proven track record and we get aggressive with recruitment.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah poor roster but shit team selections and you tell me whats the f@#king game plan?!?
No player under Pay has gotten any better then what they were...
Whats the definition of insanity?
Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result!
Or in this case posting the same thing over and over again and expecting that the multitudes disagreeing with you will miss this post. Bad luck;
Really, so Elliott hasn’t improved, even the Elliot haters on here would disagree with you on that.
I think you’d get plenty of arguments if you claimed Meaney hasn’t improved.
Britt is playing better in 2 games with us that has in any previous NRL season.
CHN's playing last season was so improved that he earned a permanent spot in the Kiwi teams (too bad he wasn't thinking with his brain).
Napa, even his detractors would agree is playing way better this year.
To’omaga and RFM are now permanent NRL players.
Wakeham, etc etc
Go Dogs

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennett is still a a coach to be reckoned with, if the right roster and cash is avialible but he has short term goals and needs so he does not fit with us. Green had an immortal and friends etc and Robinson walked into Sombrero Cap (but has done a good job regardless).

Oh, and as previously mentioned, FUCK Flanagan, the drug cheating, salary cap rorting, feral yob.

Pay should get an extension for a year to include 2021 but only if the club brings in a separate offense coach with a proven track record and we get aggressive with recruitment.
images (71).jpeg

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Or in this case posting the same thing over and over again and expecting that the multitudes disagreeing with you will miss this post. Bad luck;

Go Dogs
More of your boring optimistic propaganda TT. You'd have to be the most annoying dude on here ... Britt was killing it last year...played finals footy. Napa was a state of origin rep before he landed. Meaney was already on the brink of being something special. Adam elliot is still Adam idiot. The rest meh!? He hasn't turned anybodys career around.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Where is the high moral ground??

What's you point if you have one. I have said multiple times that Pay is still to convince me he is the man to deliver us another premiership, although I would like him to.

Flanagan is a grub, and if you don't agree then maybe it's 2 peas in a pod..

I want like all Dog fans do success and more premierships.

But we went down the Supercoach route with Des and it was a fucking disaster. There is no obvious Supercoach replacement worth having other than Bellamy and I don't believe we can nab him.

That's why I suggest persisting with Pay and a Gun offence coach/ trainer.

High ground?? Nah I think you are just high..

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the high moral ground??

What's you point if you have one. I have said multiple times that Pay is still to convince me he is the man to deliver us another premiership, although I would like him to.

Flanagan is a grub, and if you don't agree then maybe it's 2 peas in a pod..

I want like all Dog fans do success and more premierships.

But we went down the Supercoach route with Des and it was a fucking disaster. There is no obvious Supercoach replacement worth having other than Bellamy and I don't believe we can nab him.

That's why I suggest persisting with Pay and a Gun offence coach/ trainer.

High ground?? Nah I think you are just high..
images (76).jpeg

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pays our man. Enough said.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
To me Pay is trying to hard be the players best mate and making excuses for them all the time... Like referring to them as just kids who need to learn.
If you look at all the successful coaches past and present they are salty bastards, grumpy and quite intimidating
The players will always try to earn their respect.
Guys like Jack Gibson, Wayne Bennet, Des Hasler, Craig Bellamy even Shane Flannagen, all salty bastards.

Guys like Trent Barret, Dean Pay, Paul Mcgregor etc... Nice guys, great players but just not intimidating enough!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: there is a story , a boy was born with no arms and no legs, his dad took him to the pub on his 18th birthday for his first beer. After stumpy’s first sip , poof out popped all his limbs. Lesson learnt, took consummate with your sister