Was that an eight piont try/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
At the time, I thought that Perrett was lifted above the horizontal position when he scored his second try. The replay seemed to confirm that the Warriors player lifted him as he dived over; but the commentators insisted he had no impact on Perrett landing upside down. The bunker never mentioned it, so I guess I was mistaken.

Did anyone else see this, or am I delusional?

Excuse spelling in the heading. Arthritis in the fingers.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I guess, technically, he's not in the act of scoring when the tackle was initiated.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess, technically, he's not in the act of scoring when the tackle was initiated.
It was a spear tackle any day of the week!!! If there was anything technical about it, it was a tackle that should have been penalized and placed on report.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he ended up short and stayed down hurt, im pretty sure the ref wouldve blown the whistle upon review...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was a spear tackle any day of the week!!! If there was anything technical about it, it was a tackle that should have been penalized and placed on report.
Definitely.
But to be an 8 point try, you must be fouled in the act of scoring or after scoring.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At the time, I thought that Perrett was lifted above the horizontal position when he scored his second try. The replay seemed to confirm that the Warriors player lifted him as he dived over; but the commentators insisted he had no impact on Perrett landing upside down. The bunker never mentioned it, so I guess I was mistaken.

No I don't believe you are delusional. We had some friends over for dinner tonight and we all sat down to watch the game. Now neither of our friends supports the Dogs ( one Manly /one St George) and their responses to watching the replay were pretty much identical to yours. Perrett was definitely lifted above the horizontal and that is an illegal play in the game of rugby league. Had that particular type of tackle been committed say twenty metres out from the try line the result would have been a penalty for a lifting tackle past the horizontal and a player put on report. All of us were quite surprised when the ruling did not come back as such.
The rules of the game are pretty specific when it comes to awarding an eight point try;
An 8-point try is when misconduct occurs whilst an attacking player is 'touching down' the ball, and no other subsequent period. This generally means the period just before and just after the ball is grounded.The try is awarded, and is followed by a conversion attempt, in-line from where the try was scored, and then a penalty kick from in front of the posts.

Vision at about 1.24
http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2016/04/16/highlights_warriors_.html

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ah, but according to the rule book the act of scoring is immediately before the ball is placed and immediately after.Perrett ran hard at the line and he was tackled and put above the horizontal as he was in airspace over the line.

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

the refs, touch judges and bunker are seriously blind when it comes to making calls that benefit us

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just another one of the many refereeing inconsistencies... If this way done away from the try line a penalty would have been blown instantly... Who am i kidding, if we did it refs would have issued the 8 point try without heading to the bunker (can't bad mouth the bunker anymore either, they now have the same protection as the voldermorts)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If it happened in the middle of the field it woulf have been a penalty and a suspension lol. Guess the looked at it and said Perret made got himself in that position to score to try.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ah, but according to the rule book the act of scoring is immediately before the ball is placed and immediately after.Perrett ran hard at the line and he was tackled and put above the horizontal as he was in airspace over the line.
I agree.
I'm just trying to establish how they may have come to the decision they did.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Another decision the referees made not to give us points today...

Status
Not open for further replies.