Warriors target young Melbourne Storm giant

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rugby league: New Zealand Warriors target young Melbourne Storm giant Tino Fa'asuamaleaui - report
18 Jul, 2019 8:25am
2 minutes to read

Tino Fa'asuamaleaui in action for the Storm. Photo / Getty
NZ Herald

The Warriors are leading the charge for one of the biggest young forwards in the NRL, according to latest reports.

Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, who has played one first grade game for the Melbourne Storm, could become available after the 2020 season.

Fox Sports Australia has claimed the Warriors intend on making a three-year offer worth about $1.5m, but won't be the only club in the hunt for the 1.97m forward if the Storm don't retain him.

The Auckland club missed out on signing Brisbane prop Matt Lodge, while they were considering a big offer for young Eels back Dylan Brown who was raised in Auckland.

Fa'asuamaleaui, of Samoan descent, would add much needed size to an inconsistent Warriors pack.

The 19-year-old Fa'asuamaleaui, born in New South Wales and raised in Queensland, made his debut for the Storm in round 16 against the Dragons, playing just 27 minutes.

He is in the Queensland under-20 squad and was among the Australian Juniors try scorers when they beat New Zealand at Mt Smart Stadium last year.

Fa'asuamaleaui is said to be on a $110,000 Storm contract now, and just over double that for 2020.

In terms of a league education and chasing titles, the Storm will be a hard club to outbid.

The big forward has been named on the bench for Sunday's match against the wobbly Gold Coast Titans, with Storm coach Craig Bellamy resting some State of Origin players.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12250502

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
feck. How do you even say that name?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But in all seriousness, this is a classic warriors move.
Make a 3 year, $1.5m offer to a guy who has paid 27 minutes of first grade football.
Only the titans can rival them for such bizarre recruitment decisions.

And yes, before you say it, we have made some blunders too for sure, but this is another level.
Maybe it pays off and that's great but its a HUUUUGE gamble.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing fay-ass-ooh-ma-loo-eye. Don't ever ask me to write a letter to him though.
I think i'd rather write the guy a letter than try to say his name out loud, at least I can just copy paste the name in a letter :tearsofjoy:

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just call him Tino.

He ain't going anywhere. If Welch leaves to Parra/Souths, why would they let him go?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh warriors!

Rocks or diamonds anyone ?