Warriors superstar Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is reportedly set to quit rugby league and jump codes

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He wishes he will make the All Blacks....
He will make it, his skills are a little to silky smooth for rugby, it’s actually a waste of talent going rugby over nrl, and no doubt he will be back, just wants his moment of glory to say he played for the all blacks, that’s all it is, that little extra bit of fame.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry, but I think the word 'Superstar' might be a bit much. I more-so think 'sometimes he's ok, sometimes he's even pretty good', would be more fitting description. My interest level in RL players wanting to go to union is even lower than my interest level in seeing whether Bay City Rollers might reform one day.
Tend to agree with the sentiment that he's a touch more highly rated than he deserves. The Roosters wouldn't have released him to chase Tedesco if he was everything he's made out to be. He's a good player but not one that I'd want to base my team around.

I'm not at all interested in sports other than the NRL. I barely have any interest in teams outside of the Bulldogs on weeks when they're not our opposition. So if someone walks away from the NRL I really couldn't a rats ass either.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mate I dont know if you're joking or not but I hope to god you're right. He was the NZ fullback at one point and Browny did sign the dud Montoya so anything is possible. It would be a gift if we can get him off our books early
Would be good, but Hayze Perham could well lock the spot down

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So why are the NRL allowing a supposed NRL superstar to break a contract & go to a rival sport?

And so this NRL crackdown has started well:

Even though it's about rival clubs I would think that rival codes would apply too.
No contract breaking, both parties to the contract have agreed that it be terminated. Or perhaps “suspended “ until he has accomplished what he wants in Union then he returns to the Warriors, in some capacity.

Go Dogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What is a definition of a superstar?
He comes pretty close

He does things others can’t on the field ...Captain of the year last year and while playing for a struggling Warriors got Dally M fullback over Teddy and Dally Player of Year 2018

Freak/Superstar for mine

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No contract breaking, both parties to the contract have agreed that it be terminated. Or perhaps “suspended “ until he has accomplished what he wants in Union then he returns to the Warriors, in some capacity.

Go Dogs
Therefore the original contract with the NRL (who is also a party since super league) has been broken. Why have the NRL allowed him to go to another code? How is that not stupid?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Therefore the original contract with the NRL (who is also a party since super league) has been broken. Why have the NRL allowed him to go to another code? How is that not stupid?
The contract is between 2 parties, the club and the player, the NRL simply regitsters the contract they are not a party to it.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Tend to agree with the sentiment that he's a touch more highly rated than he deserves. The Roosters wouldn't have released him to chase Tedesco if he was everything he's made out to be. He's a good player but not one that I'd want to base my team around.
The Chooks, didn't "release" RTS, his contract was up in 2016 and the Chooks offered him $400k to re-sign. The Warriors offered him $800+k in the Cap, which they freed up by letting Tomkins go back to the UK, plus unspecified TPA's.

The Chooks simply got outbid, even with their sombrero.

Always a Bulldog

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Chooks, didn't "release" RTS, his contract was up in 2016 and the Chooks offered him $400k to re-sign. The Warriors offered him $800+k in the Cap, which they freed up by letting Tomkins go back to the UK, plus unspecified TPA's.

The Chooks simply got outbid, even with their sombrero.

Always a Bulldog
Exactly!!

Angrypenguins

Waterboy
Reaction score
On Fox Sports they’re saying they “got one back”. One of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

Glad he’s gone to the Warriors, they deserve having him back.