Warriors superstar Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is reportedly set to quit rugby league and jump codes

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/0d2b4293c84d579fbe92667561309205

Warriors superstar Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is reportedly set to quit rugby league and jump codes to fulfil a dream of representing the All Blacks at a Rugby World Cup.

The Daily Telegraph says the fleet-footed New Zealand international will play the 2021 NRL season and then end his contract prematurely to join professional rugby, most likely with the Auckland Blues.

The report says the 27-year-old has been in discussions with New Zealand Rugby for several months and Tuivasa-Sheck is on the verge of agreeing to a code switch.

The Warriors have said they won’t stand in their captain’s way if he wants to pursue his All Blacks dream.

The NRL club has, however, stated if he does return to rugby league he has to play for the Auckland-based side and not a rival team.

It means Tuivasa-Sheck will take a crack at representing his beloved All Blacks at the 2023 World Cup.

Tuivasa-Sheck began his NRL career as a gun winger at the Roosters, with whom he won the 2013 grand final before joining the Warriors in 2016.

In 2018 he won the Dally M Medal and he is considered among the best players in the competition, not just one of the best fullbacks.

Tuivasa-Sheck has captained the Warriors through some tough times, none more so than last year’s relocation to Australia to get the competition restarted in the face of the COVID outbreak.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has kind of regressed since he went to the warriors. He did take out the Dally M but I think his game would have gone to another level had he remained in star sided like the roosters instead of carrying the warriors team.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bring him over please.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but I think the word 'Superstar' might be a bit much. I more-so think 'sometimes he's ok, sometimes he's even pretty good', would be more fitting description. My interest level in RL players wanting to go to union is even lower than my interest level in seeing whether Bay City Rollers might reform one day.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
I sincerely doubt that he will go......The All Blacks already have 2-3 very good proven FB's and I think that it would take a little work in Super Rugby to even get selected in their World Cup squad......If it is true he is being badly advised.......

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He won't be trying to play full back for the ABs, he will play midfield.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He wishes he will make the All Blacks....
He'll make it bro. He was equally good at Rugby as he is League. Played both, played NZ schoolboys at the lower age group and played for the Blues development team or trial team. Might have even been the Blues.

He won't be trying to play FB, he'll go for a midfield spot, imo.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He'll make it bro. He was equally good at Rugby as he is League. Played both, played NZ schoolboys at the lower age group and played for the Blues development team or trial team. Might have even been the Blues.

He won't be trying to play FB, he'll go for a midfield spot, imo.
Well I hope he does, I love humble players but I just don't like how everyone thinks they are a walk up for the AB's

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This doesn't surprise me as he's wanted out from the Warriors for a while. His form has slipped over the years but I think part of that is how bad the team has been and RTS losing motivation. He still has the talent. Maybe a switch in codes works for him. Good luck to him.

I'm sure the Warriors will gladly take the cap space back but they'll have trouble signing players and not overpaying for them.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He wishes he will make the All Blacks....
I reckon the actual All Blacks players will be burning that someone playing Rugby League can just come in and take away that opportunity from someone else who's played Rugby their entire life. This is almost as bad as Jamie Lyon coming back from England and walking straight into a NSW Origin jersey!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon the actual All Blacks players will be burning that someone playing Rugby League can just come in and take away that opportunity from someone else who's played Rugby their entire life. This is almost as bad as Jamie Lyon coming back from England and walking straight into a NSW Origin jersey!
RTS is well known in NZ Rugby, they were mightily pissed when he went to league, so it will make their day if he comes back to rugby. Similar to SBW, but even more so. He's not sounding out NZ Rugby, NZ Rugby are sounding him out.

Go Dogs

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it's obviously not about the money as Yawnion is broke on both sides of the Tasman. But he's certainly no shoe in for a spot.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warriors will chase dwz to replace him. Heard it first here.
Mate I dont know if you're joking or not but I hope to god you're right. He was the NZ fullback at one point and Browny did sign the dud Montoya so anything is possible. It would be a gift if we can get him off our books early