News Warriors sign Bulldogs star

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks bought Tolman

Been a great clubman for us but gee he’s best is well an truly behind him. Sharks must be having salary cap issues if they can afford to have Tolman and that other hapless water buffalo in Woods on their roster for next season.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't mind he got a gig.
But fuck me he can't even run 50 meters to the try line with no defence in front of him.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland was way better tbh

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I know that Montoya wasn't the greatest player we've ever produced. It does annoy me that even after he's left people can't stop having a dig at him.

Just remember while criticizing from your couch that he's both scored more tries, saved more and has made more appearances for this club than his biggest critics ever have. You don't have to love him, but at least pay a little respect for the fact that he's worked his ass off and shown more dedication to the club than most are capable of.

All the best wishes for the rest of his career.
Yes nice sentiments Alan79 and I for one agree that it’s a huge achievement to be selected into first grade no matter which club you’re playing for. I respect that but you have to ask yourself on what he’s shown at first grade level is that he isn’t up to first grade level. Yes he tried hard, sometimes to hard but I actually felt sorry for him as Pay kept picking him when we had far better options than him on the wing and when Georgallis knew he was no longer needed by the club he decided he’d pick Montoya on the wing out of spite. Good luck to him at the Warriors but also ask yourself, how many other NRL clubs would’ve have had him playing first grade? Also it’s more the reaction from the heading of Warriors signing Bulldogs Star that has brought about such a response. Don’t think we’ve lost out by signing Cotric to replace him.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He like the rest of our players he was poorly coached but I thought that like Bronco Lee he had some ability, and look what Bellamy did with him, it will be very interesting to see what Barrett can do with our other plodders.
Brenko Lee is still shit ... Storm hide him well

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Expect the dogs to announce Albert Hopoate as Montoya's replacement

Another slug Hopoate with no speed Lazy defender as well

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Expect the dogs to announce Albert Hopoate as Montoya's replacement

Another slug Hopoate with no speed Lazy defender as well
Just an assumption?

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just an assumption?
Yep

Manly have offered him a contract for next year but he hasn't signed it yet His family think that he is worth more and rumours suggest that the dogs have offered him $100k more than manly's offer

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Star ey hahahaha fuck me dead...

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The New Zealand Warriors are locked and loaded for season 2021 after new coach Nathan Brown finalised his top 30 roster with the signature of Canterbury flyer Marcelo Montoya.

Montoya agreed to a two-year deal from season 2021 on Tuesday afternoon.

The 24-year old was one of eight players including Aiden Tolman and Kieran Foran who were not part of Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett’s rebuild at Belmore, which officially kicked off on Monday.
The Canterbury local junior joins Manly prop Addin Fonua-Blake, Parramatta forward Kane Evans and St George Illawarra centre Euan Aitken - who have all agreed to join the Warriors for season 2021 and beyond.

Montoya, who made his NRL debut for the Bulldogs in 2017, only managed 20 games in his final two seasons at the club.

A season-ending knee injury in 2019 was compounded by a serious hamstring year this which resigned him to only nine games.

But coach Brown’s show of faith in Montoya will see him compete with the likes of David Fusitu‘a, Ken Maumalo and Adam Pompey for a spot in the starting side.

Montoya’s addition to the Warriors roster closes the door on any chance for rising Sea Eagles back Albert Hopoate to join the club.

Is it April 1???? Says a lot about brown....shocking signing

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a bit harsh on brown, he bloody got AFB.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He never fully recovered from his knee injury and lost his speed, if he gets that back its his best asset.