News Warriors sign Bulldogs star

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The New Zealand Warriors are locked and loaded for season 2021 after new coach Nathan Brown finalised his top 30 roster with the signature of Canterbury flyer Marcelo Montoya.

hahahahhahahah.............ahahhahahahahahhha..........hahahahhahahhahaha...........ahahhahahahahhahaha............

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still can’t stop laughing,he was run down by so many of his opposites,on so many occasions,obviously who ever wrote that article,got no idea.
At least you enjoyed the article as did 98.5% on this site.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well there’s one team you can put a line through to make the 8 over the next 2 years. Maybe Nathan might bring out the best him. :tearsofjoy: Then again if history is any guide of what he did to our new coach years ago at the Dragons then he’s certainly going to have one very sore right hand over the next year or two.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good depth signing for their reserve grade team.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as I know that Montoya wasn't the greatest player we've ever produced. It does annoy me that even after he's left people can't stop having a dig at him.

Just remember while criticizing from your couch that he's both scored more tries, saved more and has made more appearances for this club than his biggest critics ever have. You don't have to love him, but at least pay a little respect for the fact that he's worked his ass off and shown more dedication to the club than most are capable of.

All the best wishes for the rest of his career.

Bigdogbite

Waterboy
Reaction score
The New Zealand Warriors are locked and loaded for season 2021 after new coach Nathan Brown finalised his top 30 roster with the signature of Canterbury flyer Marcelo Montoya.

Montoya agreed to a two-year deal from season 2021 on Tuesday afternoon.

The 24-year old was one of eight players including Aiden Tolman and Kieran Foran who were not part of Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett’s rebuild at Belmore, which officially kicked off on Monday.
The Canterbury local junior joins Manly prop Addin Fonua-Blake, Parramatta forward Kane Evans and St George Illawarra centre Euan Aitken - who have all agreed to join the Warriors for season 2021 and beyond.

Montoya, who made his NRL debut for the Bulldogs in 2017, only managed 20 games in his final two seasons at the club.

A season-ending knee injury in 2019 was compounded by a serious hamstring year this which resigned him to only nine games.

But coach Brown’s show of faith in Montoya will see him compete with the likes of David Fusitu‘a, Ken Maumalo and Adam Pompey for a spot in the starting side.

Montoya’s addition to the Warriors roster closes the door on any chance for rising Sea Eagles back Albert Hopoate to join the club.

goodluck to him

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
As much as I know that Montoya wasn't the greatest player we've ever produced. It does annoy me that even after he's left people can't stop having a dig at him.

Just remember while criticizing from your couch that he's both scored more tries, saved more and has made more appearances for this club than his biggest critics ever have. You don't have to love him, but at least pay a little respect for the fact that he's worked his ass off and shown more dedication to the club than most are capable of.

He’s also got a highlights reel with Benny Hill theme music playing in the background!
Now I know the club wants to find more athletic Fijian’s in the future.... I hope which ever village the Montoya’s come from in Fiji, we avoid it.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Best wishes to Montoya in getting another go. You can't blame him for being picked & it not working out if he gave his best all the time. I will nearly always wish a player that has been released from the Bulldogs the best should they get a new start at another club. He is not a prick like some others e.g. SOB Williams, Barba, Tandy, Laughton & Haumono all of whom shafted us!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Bloke couldnt be assed at anytime in defense fuck him

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m trying to find the part in the article where it says April fools or jokes or something.

Good laugh that article. But happy for Montoya. Definitely a depth/reggies signing. Wouldn’t do too bad. And can do a job in short spells in NRL. but definitely not a starter at any club. Will definitely tune in if he makes the 17 at some stage next year.

Still can’t believe the article started with Canterbury flyer. Was thinking Smith or Zelezniak. Then saw Montoya :p