Warning for Optus customers

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I haven't been with Optus for about 4 years due to some shocking experiences and fuck ups.. Had heaps of issues with them trying to sort problems out. Vowed to never go back to them again..

I got an email from them the other day explaining the breach and pretending like there's nothing to worry about.

It doesn't surprise me this happened to them. They're the dodgiest, most poorly run company.. I hope this drama ruins them because they deserve to go bankrupt. At least I hope ten's of thousands of people switch to someone else..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Got an email this morning from Optus saying i had requested a change to my Optus 5G internet. Not sure if its coincidental or not.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Had a Steam account i used once back in the day and they got into that, looks like I’ll actually have to go through shit now lol

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Optus have stated sending out messages letting you know what’s been exposed.

Me and 3 mates have had DL numbers given up.

Optus will give you a $42.60 credit on your NEXT bill but only if you’ve had both numbers on your license exposed.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Optus will give you a $42.60 credit on your NEXT bill but only if you’ve had both numbers on your license exposed.
How pathetic! I wish our government had the balls to stand up to them all properly

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score

If you get your licence changed via the Services NSW website, do they change both numbers or only the Card Number? (kind of pointless if that is the case as most would have given their licence number).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

If you get your licence changed via the Services NSW website, do they change both numbers or only the Card Number? (kind of pointless if that is the case as most would have given their licence number).
They recently changed the laws so banks can't do a credit check unless you provide them with both the drivers license number and card number. By sheer luck, very few people had both their card number and license number exposed. Basically that means that unless both are exposed, they can't use your details to apply for a credit card.

That said, there are some things you can get without the license card number, including applying for other forms of ID that may be able to be used for other things, and for certain account retrievals like password resets on mail and possibly bank accounts.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m not sure mate, I’m in the ACT so unsure if it’s the same or not.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone wants to be me, they will steal my ID for sure.
Not sure why everyone uses Optus when most fruit loops yell across town these days anyway.