Opinion War chest 2.0

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks bro, I wasn’t even aware there was two batemans hence why the retardation on my behalf lol
I think you’re being a bit harsh on yourself claiming retardation,
Just a simple error mate.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis can defend - he is too slow - running, passing and kicking - to be a threat with the ball. The club moved him into the centres a few years back - defended exceptionally well - but just too slow.
If thats true, him and Hoppa would be the two slowest centres in the game.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
So if rumours are true we have eaten shit for years and been garbage, paid our “best” players to go elsewhere and play. All to build this war chest and mega $ plan. To .... sign Josh Reynolds who we let go 3-4 years ago when he could sort of stay on the field (if wasn’t suspended) and had a position locked down? Now he’s busted and a utility he’s our signing with the war chest? Yeh we are in serious trouble.

I have always got love for Reynolds and his past but fuck the tigers get the best young Hooker (on loan, who knows if he leaves in a year or stays, storm have b smith too) and we sink lower with nothing.

We have sacked our best attacking option outside of Foran and look Fucking a mess.

Deadset

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if rumours are true we have eaten shit for years and been garbage, paid our “best” players to go elsewhere and play. All to build this war chest and mega $ plan. To .... sign Josh Reynolds who we let go 3-4 years ago when he could sort of stay on the field (if wasn’t suspended) and had a position locked down? Now he’s busted and a utility he’s our signing with the war chest? Yeh we are in serious trouble.

I have always got love for Reynolds and his past but fuck the tigers get the best young Hooker (on loan, who knows if he leaves in a year or stays, storm have b smith too) and we sink lower with nothing.

We have sacked our best attacking option outside of Foran and look Fucking a mess.

Deadset
I could not agree more strongly to anything posted but this.

we have watched our better players go, been told to be patient, gonna have a “war chest” blah blah, sacked CHN when really he did nothing wrong, he didn’t pick the chick up at school, and it was consensual... And now we are linked with f’n Reynolds who can’t get a gig at the f’n Tigers ffs. I enjoyed the way he played for us, he was a decent player, but he’s time is over.

I feel the club has lied to us. Either that, or we aren’t a draw anymore and thought of as a Titans... which is worse

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time will tell mate.

Deadset

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give it time

we have watched our better players go, been told to be patient, gonna have a “war chest” blah blah, sacked CHN when really he did nothing wrong, he didn’t pick the chick up at school, and it was consensual... And now we are linked with f’n Reynolds who can’t get a gig at the f’n Tigers ffs. I enjoyed the way he played for us, he was a decent player, but he’s time is over.

I feel the club has lied to us. Either that, or we aren’t a draw anymore and thought of as a Titans... which is worse

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

The board/recruitment team would be jeopardising themselves if they don't recruit properly with our "war chest". If it's an utter mess before the start of next season and we've brought little to no one in that's going to be a real game changer for us the whole fan base is going to want change (that's when you'll see the people "sticking up" for the board/recruitment team turn too). The problem is going to be if we stuff up this rebuild we're going to be pushed back another two to three years before we can realistically aim for the finals. I've always said I was concerned basically right after November and the following months we didn't sign anyone (Thompson at a later date) as I could slowly start to see all the talent being locked up or moving elsewhere. I will give benefit of the doubt until we know the roster for 2021.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe we should bring in Nathan Brown he did well with recruitment with the knights
The board/recruitment team would be jeopardising themselves if they don't recruit properly with our "war chest". If it's an utter mess before the start of next season and we've brought little to no one in that's going to be a real game changer for us the whole fan base is going to want change (that's when you'll see the people "sticking up" for the board/recruitment team turn too). The problem is going to be if we stuff up this rebuild we're going to be pushed back another two to three years before we can realistically aim for the finals. I've always said I was concerned basically right after November and the following months we didn't sign anyone (Thompson at a later date) as I could slowly start to see all the talent being locked up or moving elsewhere. I will give benefit of the doubt until we know the roster for 2021.

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give it time
How much time do they need to stop buying forwards like Sue Stimson and Britt
That dont produce shit and cost money
And get injured just offer fuck all

Half our Jersey flegg side should be already training in first grade we could be better off
So much for pay i thought he new juniors
Ogden still in reserves to but britt and stimson get first crack in rnd 1 and 2 haha fuck me his fkn hopeless in all ways.

Unless Taumalolos coming or Hass they have done nothing but make things worse they dont overspend but spend

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He had time because he stops like an idiot and the kick chase can't time their run, bloke is shit, end of.
Lewis has that X factor. I don't get his reluctance to work on his pace and step and run the ball more. He otherwise has all the skills. It could be the players around him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lewis has that X factor. I don't get his reluctance to work on his pace and step and run the ball more. He otherwise has all the skills. It could be the players around him.
Nah sorry, if you can't run over the advantage line and draw defenders to give your outside men opportunities then your a shit half. That's why early ball works so well with good halves as players on the inside are held in due to the threat of the running game. Thats why Lewis isn't a halves asshole as he plays so deep in an already flat style of play we adopt... which also is why most of our chasers are always Infront on kick chase.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah sorry, if you can't run over the advantage line and draw defenders to give your outside men opportunities then your a shit half. That's why early ball works so well with good halves as players on the inside are held in due to the threat of the running game. Thats why Lewis isn't a halves asshole as he plays so deep in an already flat style of play we adopt... which also is why most of our chasers are always Infront on kick chase.
But he is supposedly the Prince of Belmore?
Fuck this club sucks

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a reason (multiple reasons most likely) why he is on his 4th NRL/ESL club (Chooks, Manly, Salford, Wigan) in 6 years and his 5th club overall (+StGeorge NYC) in 7 years. He signed a 2 year deal with Salford in July 2018 then a year later in July 2019 signed a 2 year deal with Wigan. I don't have an answer to the question mark that hangs over him, but there demonstrably is one.

Go Dogs
Okay since we so desperately need a half and there isn’t a lot available Pearce and dce are the value chips and Cleary and more experience half’s are locked into contracts.
Hastings is a good player played great in a ordinary Salford team he was put into grade too young at the roosters after they went hard to sign him from dragons and didn’t fire right away and manly well DCE is a fuckwit and the evidence none of the qld side wanted to play with him and Hastings didn’t take his shit and smacked the long neck twat around and Wigan come in with a big money offer and in the super League world when Wigan want ya you consider it he is a prime age matured as a half what’s the harm won’t cost us 1 million plus couldn’t be any worse then the donkeys we have at the moment

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So @bradyk you can stop bringing up Milford now that he has extended his contract with the Broncos ...thank god!!
Yes. Soon I will not be able to say names like Friend, Cotric or Jamil Hopoate either. Thank god? Milford would of provided much needed X-Factor into our team.