1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Opinion War chest 2.0

Discussion in 'Bulldogs Discussion' started by Dannyboi88, May 7, 2020.

1. _G-Dog_

_G-Dog_ Kennel Immortal

Forget the player market the only place we will make a dent is the local Chicken kebab shop..

2. 2ndphase

2ndphase Kennel Regular

Mmmm Salmonella! :weary:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. 2144superman

2144superman Kennel Enthusiast

upload_2020-5-22_18-7-12.jpeg

Raiders star Bateman permitted to talk to other clubs after $800k
    Canberra Raiders have been forced into giving English international John Bateman permission to test his value on the NRL open market with rival clubs.

The development comes after Fox Sports revealed the Dally M backrower of the year’s management has asked the Raiders for a release on at least four occasions since the grand final.

Bateman, believed to be on a deal worth around $580,000 a season, has been pushing for a contract upgrade worth upwards of the $800,000 mark.

Fox Sports has learned of the story through rival NRL clubs who were surprised when Bateman’s name was mentioned as being available despite being contracted to the Raiders until the end of 2021.

Bateman, 26, is contracted to the Green Machine until the end of 2021 and is currently recovering from shoulder surgery.

The Raiders rejected the repeated release requests over summer and will maintain the England forward has a contract in the national capital until the end of 2021.

But persistent agitating from Bateman’s new agent, Isaac Moses, has forced the club to allow the Dally M backrower of the year to test his value with rival clubs.

The English backrower will be unavailable for the Raiders round three showdown with arch rivals Melbourne Storm at AAMI Park as the club’s medical staff continue to focus on correctly rehabilitating his shoulder.

Bateman initially began making noises about his contract situation in grand final week last year.

The English backrower will be unavailable for the Raiders round three showdown with arch rivals Melbourne Storm at AAMI Park as the club’s medical staff continue to focus on correctly rehabilitating his shoulder.

Bateman initially began making noises about his contract situation in grand final week last year.

The contract debate came out of left field at the time.

The issues arose when Bateman switched managers from his English agent to the Australian-based Moses.

There was a suggestion at the time Bateman had a get-out clause – but this is not the case.

Bateman has been shopped to rival clubs ever since.

Moses is one of the highest profile agents in the game.

When contacted by Fox Sports Moses denied he had asked for a release, saying: “You’re wrong. You’ll see the full story.”

Fox Sports stands by the story and has since learned the Raiders have been forced to give Bateman permission to look around.

The Green Machine is currently preparing for its latest mission to AAMI Park to meet arch rivals Melbourne Storm.

The recent history between these two clubs has produced some ripping games – none better than when the Raiders twice upset the Storm last season.

Melbourne will have next Saturday May 30 marked on the calendar as an opportunity to get square for their upset loss in week one of last year’s finals series.

While everyone is talking up the Eels against the Broncos and the Roosters against the Rabbitohs, the best game of the relaunched NRL competition will most likely come out of AAMI Park.

The Canberra Raiders have rejected four release requests from English international John Bateman’s management since last year’s grand final.

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...1a9b784544ef50e4453?__twitter_impression=true

• Like Like x 1
  4. 2144superman

For $800k A season I’m content watching him play for any of our opposition clubs. Get fucked your greedy bastard.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Sancho2020

Sancho2020 Kennel Immortal Gilded

I'm absolutely okay with pushing near 800k, favourite player and arguably the best edge forward in the game.

• Like Like x 3
  6. KLil

KLil Kennel Immortal

I totally agree.. Bateman is up there with JT and Hass in regards to game changing forwards and I know they play different positions but if I had a choice between Arrow and Bateman for 800k I would definitely go Bateman.

Then again would u slip a bit extra and try and get a younger Fafita...

• Like Like x 1
  7. boggie23

boggie23 Kennel Addict

Any money he goes to roosters or Souths for 600k :p if you know what I mean ;) ;)

8. bradyk

bradyk Kennel Addict

800k for Bateman, get in my team.

9. diddly

diddly Kennel Regular Gilded x2 Gilded Premium Member

He is not worth that type of money

10. Spoonman84

Spoonman84 Super Moderator Staff Member

I’d say Jackson is on over $600k so when you compare that to $800k for Bateman I’d have no problem paying that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dogggy

Dogggy Kennel Enthusiast

I think that asking price is close to the mark and fair value,
    He is a great young player with many years still to play
    Surely our management will have a decent shot with money to spend.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sancho2020

Sancho2020 Kennel Immortal Gilded

Bateman just fed Hooper on Twitter and told him to polish his bald head And that he was a shit journo :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

You better stick to polishing that bald head big fella because your at being a journo.
    Never once have I asked for a release.
    Bullshit story #fakenews

13. btrainben

btrainben Kennel Immortal

If players like Napa, Boyd, Jackson, Lodge etc are on 600k or so then Bateman is easily worth 800k.

Arrow just got 800k and Bateman is a far more complete and skilled player than Arrow.

14. 2144superman

915F7FEF-7825-4BA3-90C5-C08A41200664.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bazildog

Bazildog Kennel Regular

$800k + is Fafita money, Bateman is a rung on the ladder below him as a player. I like him and he would suit our club but I would prefer Fafita if we had a shot to fire..

• Like Like x 2
  16. 2144superman

FCF51049-5421-4AE1-9851-6EB63AB12A83.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. zappa

zappa Punk in Drublic

Haha fucking cop that Hooper
    Tbh I’d be cool with throwing CHN’s coin at him and the extra to get close to what he wants. Great player.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bradyk

bradyk Kennel Addict

There is no world where we get Fifita for 800k. He stays at the Broncos for that. We'd be looking in the millions for Fifita. 800k for Bateman is great value for us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bazildog

Bazildog Kennel Regular

I disagree. I said $800k+ is Fifita money and thats what the Broncs hope/expect to sign him with. We would need to pay more and somehow convince him that we on on track to become a powerhouse premiership winning club again.

I dont rate Bateman as highly as some of you on here as far as % of cap he is worth to us and what we need. He is 26 and I think Josh Jackson was every bit as good a player at 26 and had certainly accomplished more (S.O.O and for Australia) than Bateman has at same age. He is good but not Jason T good and definitely not as good a prospect as Fafita.

If we go for something worthwhile lets throw everything at it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. JUNKYARD DOGS

JUNKYARD DOGS Kennel Immortal

I’d throw CHNs and Tolmans money at Fifita before Bateman, but would be more than happy if we got Bateman.

• Agree Agree x 2