Wanted ! The mighty bulldogs dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loganph

New Pup
Reaction score
Hello everyone . I’m a doggies tradgic from down here in AFL town . I’ve been desperately trying to get hold of the four part dvd set that was made a few years back “ the mighty bulldogs “ . I have tried club , eBay , gumtree etc with no luck . Can anyone help me ??

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hello everyone . I’m a doggies tragic from down here in AFL town . I’ve been desperately trying to get hold of the four part dvd set that was made a few years back “ the mighty bulldogs “ . I have tried club , eBay , gumtree etc with no luck . Can anyone help me ??
Have you tried Richard Bradley Productions?

http://richardbradleyproductions.com/

If you can't get it from there send me a message & I'll see if I can get you a contact for a copy.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone . I’m a doggies tradgic from down here in AFL town . I’ve been desperately trying to get hold of the four part dvd set that was made a few years back “ the mighty bulldogs “ . I have tried club , eBay , gumtree etc with no luck . Can anyone help me ??
What games are included on the 4 DVDs I've got most original games

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's more than just the games. I've been wanting to get my hands on the set as well but have had no luck.

Volume 1 was released in 2007

In 2006 the Bulldogs commissioned a documentary series that would trace the social and sporting history of the Club from 1908 to today.

Volume I of the three-volume set The Mighty Bulldogs will be on sale next week and is now ready to order. With interviews, photos and footage that was thought lost, this will prove a valuable part of any Bulldogs supporters’ collection.

The Mighty Bulldogs Volume 1 will only be sold through the Bulldogs Club via the Bulldogs Team Store at Centro Bankstown, the health club and sports bar at Canterbury League Club or the online Team Store for only $24.95 (plus postage and handling).

The Mighty Bulldogs Volume 1 looks at the first junior club in 1909 to the Canterbury Bankstown President’s Cup team that won its first premiership in 1931. This spurred on the attempts to enter a Canterbury team into the main competition with success when they were finally admitted for the 1935 season. Then the dramatic rise of the team from second last in 1935 to semi finals in 1936 and Premiers in 1938 and 1942. And the hard seasons of the 1950s and then the building of a great side that would contest the famous 1967 Grand Final.

Covering the history of the Club from 1908 to 1967, The Mighty Bulldogs Volume I shows the social history of the Canterbury Bankstown area and its people and is narrated by the foundation players of the time including Eddie Burns and Joe Gartner. The story looks at the 1940s and 1950s through the words of Ken Charlton, Jack Stewart, Alan Scwhebel and Barry Nelson. During this time Peter Moore emerged in the lower grades and would later become the most respected football club secretary and CEO of Canterbury and in the game of Rugby League.

The Gartner family dynasty continued through the 1950s with Jim and Ray Gartner and their brother Clive Gartner, who would be joined by wonderful players that came in the 1960s. These include Col Brown, Les Johns, Kevin Goldspink, John Greaves, Ron Raper, Bob Hagan and the mighty Kevin Ryan who would captain-coach the team into the now famous 1967 Grand Final.

There is footage and specially edited mini feature games from 1963 to 1967 and rare archival film of games in the 1940s. Some of this archival film has been specially restored and seen on this DVD for the very first time.

The Mighty Bulldogs Volume I is a must for all Bulldogs fans and has enormous interest for supporters of the game of Rugby League and those with a passion for Australian sporting and social history.

Loganph

New Pup
Reaction score
The club apparently sold them at reduced price last year and now I can’t find them anywhere . Anyone willing to make me a copy ?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are no games just a history of the club.

1. 1908-1967
2. 1968-1980
3. 1981-1988
4. 1989-2004

Seems like time for volume 5!

If anybody wants a copy, please message me & I will put you in touch with someone who will make you a copy.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have you got a list of games that you have? I may be interested in some. Please message me if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.