WANTED - "1st Grade Standard Half-back"

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warriors ran over them, all opposition keep off loading against us and make twice as much ground.

This will be a slow rebuild. We need bigger forwards as well as all the spine, halves, centres.

We are well off course atm.
Have to agree that we lack almost everywhere. I'm clinging in the hope that Barrett does have some pulling power. Cotric is a big welcome but we need more.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forwards are all too small and/or not agile enough. Get fatigued trying to counter opposition and let them gain too much ground in pcm then opposition step off the mark pushing our guys backwards. We run around trying to adjust and catch up.

Too small and that makes them look unfit in D and attack IMO.

Warriors ran over them, all opposition keep off loading against us and make twice as much ground.

This will be a slow rebuild. We need bigger forwards as well as all the spine, halves, centres.

We are well off course atm.
Yep 100% we are too small. No one to bend the defence. We need the likes of Pangai Junior NOW!

obe

Waterboy
Reaction score
The most naturally gifted half at the club is Wakeham.
The only issue is that he is inexperienced and been brought in to steer a sinking ship.
Coming through the grades Wakeham was far superior than all other halfs at the club. You don't lose such an ability unless you are in a bad team, not been developed properly or you lose motivation due to bad attitude.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cogger is slowly getting better, far from what is needed but pick of the bunch at the moment.
But agree that we really need to bring one in.
Be interesting to see what way Barrett goes. Hoping he has something planned.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone better than jack bogger

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who we put at 7 at the moment. It's between shit, shitter and and shittest.

We are a joke.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MATT BURTON

Burton actually looks more like a 7 to me. That's also a big reason why Panthers have gone with Luai imo.
Well if he is a 7, then surely we've got him. There may be a small chance he could unseat Luai but there is literally no chance he will unseat the origin 7 and the coach's son. Hopefully you're right

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly!!! Everybody take note.

FORAN CAN'T PLAY 80 MINUTES.

While Foran shows some glimpses of being a good half his body can't handle the week in week out physicality of the NRL for 80 minutes. In the second half today defensively he was poor missing a one on one tackle conceding a try to change the game. Controlling the game he went missing when we needed him most. In the last two minutes of the game the most important set of the match he comes in field on the fourth tackle to find? Yes you guessed it Tolman FFS!! He had outside backs and he takes this very poor option. This is a guy on $1.2 million and thinks he is worth another contract in excess of $350k+.

If anyone thinks he should be re-signed is completely delusional.
Love the post mate. Foran goes MIA when the game is on the line....every friggin time. When you're a "senior" half, playing in a young reserve grade standard side, this is your main responsibility, to manage and close out the game

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The way I see it Foran must go and we should have 3 options

* 6. Burton, 7. Cogger
* 6. Averillo, 7. Burton
* 6. Burton, 7. Townsend
Don't really want anyone else ATM... Not any real experienced 7s on the market which sucks...
Like Averillo but having no NSW cup has really fucked us over this season.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The most naturally gifted half at the club is Wakeham.
The only issue is that he is inexperienced and been brought in to steer a sinking ship.
Coming through the grades Wakeham was far superior than all other halfs at the club. You don't lose such an ability unless you are in a bad team, not been developed properly or you lose motivation due to bad attitude.
Someone that has a idea, who has been out there watching our juniors come through.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hunt isn’t thrilled about playing at hooker and wants to play in his preferred halfback position. McInnes has lost his preferred number 9 position also. Signing either one would be a step in the right direction in my opinion.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under Barrett, I’d like to see

6. Averillo

And one of
7. Wakeham / Cogger / Burton

Not sure how good Burton is as I haven’t seen him play, but if Barrett wants him, he must be decent.

Cogger and Wakeham are the only proper 7s at our club, and I wouldn’t mind retaining Cogger for 1 more year. They both need experience and coaching from Barrett to help them develop their game.

Lewis is not a half. Shouldn’t be here past next year. His only good attribute is his 1 on 1 tackling. If Barrett can somehow turn him into a first grade standard half, it’ll be a miracle.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Live League had Cogger only playing 75 mins. I didnt see end of the game. Was Jack injured?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No. He got subbed off for Lafai to come back on at centre, moving Averillo to 7.
Really? OMG Georgie. Avo's confidence shot and he gives him 5 mins at the end when Warriors coming home all over us and we couldnt make more than 25m a set. Similar to Wakeham getting last 10 mins.

Coach is clueless.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? OMG Georgie. Avo's confidence shot and he gives him 5 mins at the end when Warriors coming home all over us and we couldnt make more than 25m a set. Similar to Wakeham getting last 10 mins.

Coach is clueless.
Absolutely. Can’t wait until everyone involved with this train wreck is gone.

Hopefully things improve under Barrett.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If we get Burton we need experience like Foran is to partner him.

I don't care what you say. Everyone rubbished me at the time but the best late career recruit we ever got was Brett Kimmorley.

I honestly think most fans here do not understand the impact he had for us those two years. He should have been extended to be honest. He (almost) alone transformed us.
He steered the ship and we Added punch with beastwood and Hannah's and look what happened