Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Griffin or Toovey for mine.!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Out if those mentioned, only griffen appeals personally.

But sure, let's chase an unproven coach who's only ever coached rep teams on Walters, or a dud who flopped harded than a fish out of water in Barrett when given the opportunity to coach manly. Fittler would never leave the blues, chushy gig and he's not a full time coach.

As for LD, I can only :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Yep, it's like changing cables on my hifi - Initially it sounds like a real improvement; after a time I realise it was just different, and I preferred what I had before.

We can see how the Warriors "improved" with a new coach. Even the Tigers played as poorly as we did against the Bunnies, and we'd jump at getting their coach.

I'm not proposing we keep Pay, but changing coaches for the sake of it is not the answer either. We have to wait for the right coach, and put up with being cellar dwellers until that opportunity arises.

Let's not fall into the Jim Hacker solution: "We must do something!. This is something. Therefore, we must do this".

Reactions: ATT

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree. I think he has his eye on the Broncos job plus I cant see him leaving Queensland. The good thing about the article is it's the 3rd one today so the heat is on baby.
I'm starting to get these naughty feelings of wanting to get spanked tomorrow....by the Broncos I mean. Does that me make a "fake" fan as the pay/board lovers like to suggest?
It makes you a realist. The media is 100% behind the Broncos for a big win. They have the crowd, and the officials will keep their usual strict eye on us.
Half our team will sit back and wait for Thompson to work his magic, then wonder why he isn't carrying them to a win.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barrett, F**k off.
Toovey, Walters (maybe), Griffin or Flano
That's the list. That's it no more.
Andersons, grow a pair and get this shit done

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I

Don't think they can keep doing the 1 year top up. If flanno is their pick sign him now . Lobby the NRL to let him coach if not he picks his assistant to come in for next year and flanno becomes an assistant. If pay is their man they would have done a deal already. The board has a 90s mentality but trying to use mix it with 2020 business . It's fucked.
There’s a good chance Storm, Dragons and Cowboys are looking for coaches at the end of 21 too which pushes us further down the pile and makes it harder to get one of the off contract coaches.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All of this stupid media talk only further destabilizes the team. Dean Pay needs to be extended for 3 years
to put the minds of the players back on the game at hand.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Griffin or Toovey for mine.!!
Both good choices. Griff is a good development option also. Toovey apparently has good ideas. But we have tried Manly influence and was a failure. We need the write option

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Barrett, F**k off.
Toovey, Walters (maybe), Griffin or Flano
That's the list. That's it no more.
Andersons, grow a pair and get this shit done
Good to see thoughts. Means we have to get it write.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Should’ve signed Holbrook when we had the chance. Now the board is scrambling. Griffin is really the only one that is decent out of that lot. Maybe Barrett. Walters a big no from me.

Regardless of which direction they go, I’d be sounding out the likes of Kimmorley, Matthew Johns, Ennis, etc for support\assistant roles. We need fresh ideas from a coaching staff that actually understand the modern game and who will get the best out of the likes of Averillo, Wakeham, etc. So for me it’s not just one hire, we need a complete revamp and that also includes a proper fitness coach.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Should’ve signed Holbrook when we had the chance. Now the board is scrambling. Griffin is really the only one that is decent out of that lot. Maybe Barrett. Walters a big no from me.

Regardless of which direction they go, I’d be sounding out the likes of Kimmorley, Matthew Johns, Ennis, etc for support\assistant roles. We need fresh ideas from a coaching staff that actually understand the modern game and who will get the best out of the likes of Averillo, Wakeham, etc. So for me it’s not just one hire, we need a complete revamp and that also includes a proper fitness coach.
Yup Holbrook was a no brainer but the idiots on here shot it down and then proceeded to say "what has he done at the Titans?" Absolutely laughable that Pay was actually off contract and we chose to extend his deal instead of signing Holbrook.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yup Holbrook was a no brainer but the idiots on here shot it down and then proceeded to say "what has he done at the Titans?" Absolutely laughable that Pay was actually off contract and we chose to extend his deal instead of signing Holbrook.
Agree mate. Is familiar with the club, spent time under Trent Robinson, coached St. Helens to a title, coached Australian U21s I think as well. Watch him overachieve this year with a pretty woeful titans squad. I look at him and dymock in the coaches box and get depressed on what could have been.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the names on that list have major similarities to a huge turd I dropped this morning.

I am surprised Paul Langmack isn’t on there . He had a 15% winning record at Souths and that’s currently better than our 2020 record .

I am by no means a supporter of Pay staying on but people need to realise there ain’t too many options out there . I actually thought Paul Green would be a decent option but the cowboys are probably going worse than us and they have a better roster .

Is Warren Ryan still alive ??

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
You would think Walters would want to coach Brisbane a lot more than us, and would probably coach them for less money than we would pay him. Since he played for them for 5 premierships and lived up there his whole life. I have no idea if he would be a good coach, i don't think being a origin coach increases your coaching credentials, origin coaches are more a figurehead than anything.

While im not sold on Pay as a coach yet, i still think our biggest issue is players. Keener to see player signings than coach signing tbh. Although i can agree having the coach settled for next year will make it easier to attract players.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am hearing Chris Anderson as head coach, terry lamb attacking coach and Ben Anderson defensive coach. Steve Price relegated to water boy.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevvie to Bulldogs?
Kevin Walters is the latest name to appear on the radar of the Canterbury Bulldogs. There is an acknowledgment that seven-time premiership winner Wayne Bennett won’t be at the Bulldogs but Walters has now been suggested by one of the power players behind the scenes at the club.

That's also out of the Australian by Brent Read
Yeah after he read the previous story he made it his own

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Throw away another year with Pay then get Holbrook back when his contract with the Titans ends.
I think if our club were serious and put a firm offer to Holbrook, Holbrook would jump ship and leave the Titans high and dry. Contracts in the NRL are a joke written on toilet paper ever since Terry Hill took the ARL / Nrl to court and won!!!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am hearing Chris Anderson as head coach, terry lamb attacking coach and Ben Anderson defensive coach. Steve Price relegated to water boy.
At least they will have the balls to make their own calls on the way the team plays I guess