Waleed Aly = Mega Tosser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This mega tosser had a go at the NRL, and everything in between, from the Gold Coast handling of Jarryd Hayne, the Wests Tigers mass exodus, and more recently, the Manly salary cap.

But... wait for it... the **** even HAD A GO AT US for releasing Des Hasler. Well... forgive us Waleed, for wanting to remove any dead wood from our club.

Stay in freaking Melboure, GayFL heartland, and leave our game, our city, and, more importantly, OUR CLUB, alone!

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...tirade/ar-BBGRjD4?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont worry to much my fellow dog. Most people can tell this guy is seriously out of touch with reality. Just lookin at him you can tell he would've never played any sport in his life or have any sort of agility which would allow him to.
Should just stick to reading the lines that are fed to him by a shit channel 10 network that has been falling apart for years.
The fat pizza boys should have won a gold logie before that moron

Wahesh

Reaction score
I can't stand him. I thought he was ok a few years back, but he's seriously out of touch now, particularly when it comes to his religion, and how he "supports" certain things that his religion does not (which I won't go into). Let's just say sitting next to that bitch Carrie Bickmore on the set appears to be rubbing off on him.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Why was that guy wrapping up the NRL year? I thought he was from Melbourne?

On that topic: It's even funnier how much Tasmanians don't care about Rugby League down there. When I was there earlier in the year I grabbed the Sunday paper out of interest and they stick the NRL results pretty much next to the column that gives the local penant lawn bowl results.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't care much for Waleed - I preferred Charlie Pickering as host of the Project myself. 6:30pm is SBS news time at my place, even for a bit of a perv on Janice Petersen (my Mrs also loves Lee Lin Chin's fashion)....

But I do love how news.com.au's and others put articles about him on their Facebook page places daily, just to stir up the bogues, who never watch him anyway.

As for sport, he is definitely an enthusiast, and from what have seen of him over the past couple of years on his occasional spot on Offsiders has a great knowledge of cricket, but never seen him comment on league much. But if what he said is what's quoted, I agree with him completely:

"“The Des Hasler situation is just absurd that we were told mid-year he had a new contract and now they’re saying it wasn’t a contract at all so that’s how they could sack him,” Aly said."

The way the Club handled the whole Des issue WAS abysmal. Not sure how Dogs fans could think it wasn't.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I don't care much for Waleed - I preferred Charlie Pickering as host of the Project myself. 6:30pm is SBS news time at my place, even for a bit of a perv on Janice Petersen (my Mrs also loves Lee Lin Chin's fashion)....

But I do love how news.com.au's and others put articles about him on their Facebook page places daily, just to stir up the bogues, who never watch him anyway.

As for sport, he is definitely an enthusiast, and from what have seen of him over the past couple of years on his occasional spot on Offsiders has a great knowledge of cricket, but never seen him comment on league much. But if what he said is what's quoted, I agree with him completely:

"“The Des Hasler situation is just absurd that we were told mid-year he had a new contract and now they’re saying it wasn’t a contract at all so that’s how they could sack him,” Aly said."

The way the Club handled the whole Des issue WAS abysmal. Not sure how Dogs fans could think it wasn't.

Yep it was just Dib not listening to the fans and than when realising that he won't have a Job for much longer if he doesn't then reacting to keep it.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a journo and is paid for his opinions, so you can't get shitty at that.

“I was going to start with Jarryd Hayne and his year and the fact he had a poor year for his club with the Titans, the fact that he had a poor year for NSW and the Titans ended up sacking Neil Henry in part to try and keep him and then he leaves anyway and goes to Parramatta,”
Jarryd Hayne is pretty ordinary now, so that is worth comment alone because he was on soooo much money. But then add on how he got Henry sacked, and then bailed, you have to agree it is a poor look for the game. Especially when it negatively impacts one of the most struggling teams in our competition.

“The low here is the off field season the NRL had generally,” Aly said. “The constant rumours around player movement that meant no one seemed to care what was happening in the season in front of them and only cared about what was to come.

“Aaron Woods’ movement, Mitchell Moses moving mid-season and having just beaten Parramatta for Wests Tigers and then joking about not knowing which sheds he was going to go to after the game was extraordinary.”

Another fair critique imo. Just look at the AFL (which Waleed is no doubt more familiar with and would impact his opinions heavily) they have a trade window so none of this mid season garbage detracts from their competition. Players can get on with playing and worry about contracts at the end of the season. The NRL should be doing more to fix this farcical situation.

Aly also took aim at Canterbury’s handling of coach Des Hasler. The Bulldogs sacked Hasler after the season despite announcing he’d signed a new two-year extension earlier in 2017, which the club later claimed wasn’t binding because it was only a “heads of agreement”.

New Zealand stars Jesse Bromwich and Kevin Proctor were busted buying drugs after the Anzac Test in Canberra, Cronulla chairman Damian Keogh was charged with possessing a prohibited substance and Manly has recently been served a breach notice for salary cap issues.

Aly said all of those incidents combined to create a hellish year for the NRL.

“The Des Hasler situation is just absurd that we were told mid-year he had a new contract and now they’re saying it wasn’t a contract at all so that’s how they could sack him,” Aly said.
Even this I agree with. I mean I am as glad as anyone that Hasler is gone, but how Dib and Castle let it play out is nothing short of disgraceful. Castle has fallen on her sword (and somehow got a damn promotion), Dib should as well. It was a horrible look for our club and the game. He should never have been re-signed, especially not after losing the vast majority of our last 20 odd games up until that point. If he was never re-signed we could have let him go normally.

The drug stuff is also bad, and worthy of pointing out. Players need to grow the fk up and realise they need to keep this stuff under wraps or better yet, not do it at all.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a journo and is paid for his opinions, so you can't get shitty at that.

Jarryd Hayne is pretty ordinary now, so that is worth comment alone because he was on soooo much money. But then add on how he got Henry sacked, and then bailed, you have to agree it is a poor look for the game. Especially when it negatively impacts one of the most struggling teams in our competition.

Another fair critique imo. Just look at the AFL (which Waleed is no doubt more familiar with and would impact his opinions heavily) they have a trade window so none of this mid season garbage detracts from their competition. Players can get on with playing and worry about contracts at the end of the season. The NRL should be doing more to fix this farcical situation.

Even this I agree with. I mean I am as glad as anyone that Hasler is gone, but how Dib and Castle let it play out is nothing short of disgraceful. Castle has fallen on her sword (and somehow got a damn promotion), Dib should as well. It was a horrible look for our club and the game. He should never have been re-signed, especially not after losing the vast majority of our last 20 odd games up until that point. If he was never re-signed we could have let him go normally.

The drug stuff is also bad, and worthy of pointing out. Players need to grow the fk up and realise they need to keep this stuff under wraps or better yet, not do it at all.
Hey, you're too sensible to be in the Kennel during the off-season!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why was that guy wrapping up the NRL year? I thought he was from Melbourne?

On that topic: It's even funnier how much Tasmanians don't care about Rugby League down there. When I was there earlier in the year I grabbed the Sunday paper out of interest and they stick the NRL results pretty much next to the column that gives the local penant lawn bowl results.
He's actually involved with the Storm. Apparently he has spoken at club events and attends games with Dave Donaghy (storm ceo). There's also the story that he helped the Storm recruit Curtis Scott lol. Supposedly Wally was at the sheds with the players the same time Curtis Scott and his family were being shown around. Scotts mum is a fan of the project so in the end they had a chat and Wally talked to them about the Storm, Melbourne and all that other bs, and then thr deal was done.

As much as this bloke can be an absolute **** at times, he does seem to have a clue when it comes to footy and a lot of other things. He does seem to be extremely motivated and determined, kinda wish i had that motivation :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
The idiot answered his own question:

“The Des Hasler situation is just absurd that we were told mid-year he had a new contract and now they’re saying it wasn’t a contract at all so that’s how they could sack him,” Aly said.

It was never a legally binding contract, Aly. FMD he's a stupid ****. It was ever 100% confirmed from the club that it was a "contract" therefore they acted within their means!

A

Alexander the Great

I can't stand him. I thought he was ok a few years back, but he's seriously out of touch now, particularly when it comes to his religion, and how he "supports" certain things that his religion does not (which I won't go into). Let's just say sitting next to that bitch Carrie Bickmore on the set appears to be rubbing off on him.
Id like to rub one out onto her...

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow triggered much? If all he said about the club and Des is what is quoted in that article, who the fuck cares what this left wing media troll thinks.
True
But I just hate the ****
Just the look of his stupid head is enough to trigger me lol

Wahesh

Reaction score
Id like to rub one out onto her...
Dude, Carrie Bickmore is what I describe as "fugly" in every sense of the word.

I like my women to be feminine. You know, friendly, politely spoken, softly spoken. Carrie Bickmore, straight out, is a bitch. She thinks her OPINION is a fact. If her ugly looks don't get you, her husky voice will.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This mega tosser had a go at the NRL, and everything in between, from the Gold Coast handling of Jarryd Hayne, the Wests Tigers mass exodus, and more recently, the Manly salary cap.

But... wait for it... the **** even HAD A GO AT US for releasing Des Hasler. Well... forgive us Waleed, for wanting to remove any dead wood from our club.

Stay in freaking Melboure, GayFL heartland, and leave our game, our city, and, more importantly, OUR CLUB, alone!

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...tirade/ar-BBGRjD4?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout
But Waleed is perfect! Everybody knows that. He cannot be wrong.

I hate know-it-all pricks like him (& just for Waleed - of all races, religions, sexes {all 63 of them now & counting} & any other group you can think of)

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dude, Carrie Bickmore is what I describe as "fugly" in every sense of the word.

I like my women to be feminine. You know, friendly, politely spoken, softly spoken. Carrie Bickmore, straight out, is a bitch. She thinks her OPINION is a fact. If her ugly looks don't get you, her husky voice will.

Mods, I am reporting this post for the offensive picture!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Carrie used to be find until she cause Yassmin-Waleed Syndrome...

A syndrome that causes you to be a self opinionated arsewipe that shits off everyone except the most leftwing libtards.

Famous people with YWS include:
Carrie Bitchmore
Yassmin Abdel-Magied
David Koch
Samantha Armitage
Natalie Barr
Waleed Aly
Clementine Ford
Constance Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.