Opinion Wakehams overrated

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need a quality 9 and 7 to sign before anything
Robson looked very dangerous tonight and was another astute buy from the Cowboys.

With him there instead of the rudderless JMK we would look like a completely different team.

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He needs time and he needs to control the game - he would come good very quickly if we stay with him for a couple of months. His discipline was very bad though but when Lewis was hooked - he was like a different player!
It’s like wakeham didn’t want to gell with him Elliot set up the try standing at 5/8 averillo looks the goods ,utility maybe and at least give Cogger a go can’t get any worse

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont see how he is overrated. Most say his green and i agree. He wont be consistent but we're fucked anyway. I say 1 game with him without Lewis just to see what happens. Would have liked to have seen this the first half of the Canberra trial. The fact is we have no first grade quality halves at present so...

A

Alexander the Great

Lewis dropped before Wakeham. Last 20 looked decent with him as first receiver.
If pay picks wakeham next week I ain’t watching he is shit ,sadly overrated Elliot got in front of him and set up a try he can’t even play in position apart from dropping 3 balls what’s this bloke got .they should have kept Lewis and Cogger they finished well with them last year and meany can kick .

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis took too much control away from him.

When Lewis got hooked Wakeman got involved and showed some good signs I think

A

Alexander the Great

Ordinary but not shit. That's why Lewis got hooked.
Mate let’s not sugar coat it he was ordinary tonight. As were many others.

I’m not gonna salute him for crabbing sideways and palming off a couple in the 78th minute.

A

Alexander the Great

Yes but the commentary team are just/ were professional footballs players and experts. Nothing compared to the Incel football genius brains on the kennel mate. Don't talk sense again.
Wakeham needs to be the king pin and no one else. Pay needs to stop playing ducks and frames with him. Even the commentators were mirroring what most of the Kennel have been saying. Lewis needs to develop a running game. I'm glad Pay played him at the expense of 2 valuable points as it pushed him into a corner and he couldn't fight his way out.

A

Alexander the Great

Not sure why your firing up so easy over just football talk...settle down. If your stressed and need toliey paper blue boost can hook a brother up.
That real intelligent coming from you, he can’t even feed a fuckin scrum he’s shit and you know it I know your takin the piss if your not your a fuckwit

A

Alexander the Great

Nailed it.
We really do need several positional changes in the backs

Meaney - safe as a bank and much stronger now than his debut - needs room to use his pace
Smith - might be a centre with more established halves but our best finisher
Hopoate - great competitor but can’t do it all himself
Averillo - provides us with some desperately needed class
DWZ - has been found out under the high kick - still a great finisher
Cogger - offers variety in the attacking zone and prepared to run
Wakeham - next best half option at this point

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me the moment he dropped the ball because someone rushed out, game over lol

Honestly looked like a straight up pussy.

I was ranting on about him to my son and he does that? Lol.

Believe me or not I asked my son "Why did he drop that ball" and my 12 year old son said "SCARED"

And he's right.

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Give the kid time,he has more talent in his little finger than lewis could ever dream of.
Those commentators know a thing or 2...ps it'll take some time but i love what i see out of these 2 youngsters..there's now hope

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What are other teams going to do? Run at the scared bloke lol.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give the kid time,he has more talent in his little finger than lewis could ever dream of.
Those commentators know a thing or 2...ps it'll take some time but i love what i see out of these 2 youngsters..there's now hope
No doub,t but when he dropped the ball because he was scared was an eye opener.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Wakeham was scared at all he just had a bad night with his hands and playing the second fiddle doesn’t suit his style. Once he was on the ball more he looked way more comfortable as did the team.

WolfmanAmadeus

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
What are other teams going to do? Run at the scared bloke lol.
The only person that was scaring young Wakeham was Lewis after his media murder acting like king shit. He will shine without Lewis next to him. Averillo and wakeham needs to happen now. They're the future, Pay needs to stop disconnecting great combinations. I used to enjoy Holland linking up with Reimis Smith "oN The wing" for some great tries. But that didn't last long, under lord almighty Pay. Now Reimis is failing at centre, fucking Embarrassing.