Wakeham??

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
His defence isn’t anywhere near ready for nrl, he can’t defend in Canterbury cup
I just hope pay doesn’t ask to much of the young bloke before his ready
I really don’t want to see him back in NRL until next year after a full pre season. Keep him in reggies for the rest of the year and see how far he can take them.

Moylee

Waterboy
Reaction score
never seen him play before and when he came on I thought how fucking small is this bloke,
He played ok and looks like he is explosive runner anyone know much about him???
He played solid. His kicking game and chase impressed me.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought he did pretty well considering the circumstances. He didn't seem too fazed out there and ripped in defensively, even if he did have a few misses. At least he wasnt afraid to put his body on the line which is easier said than done for most young halves.

He had some good kicks and didn't get a chance to run it much but I'd rather see him stay in FG because I think he handled it well today against a good physical side like Cronulla in a tight game.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
never seen him play before and when he came on I thought how fucking small is this bloke,
He played ok and looks like he is explosive runner anyone know much about him???
Attack very good,defense is big issue,also injury prone,but good to see him get a run,he can only get better hopefully

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Spoonman84 put it spot on in another thread
His way to green and not ready for nrl yet
Hope pay doesn’t break the bloke before he matures
We’ve got a lot of players in our team who’ll probably never be ready for FG!!

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wakeham could be that explosive halfback we are dying for... the kid has the speed vision and temperament .. but... not ready for FG fulltime .Needs bit more time in Nsw cup and put on more size

I have seen him play before today snd he is better than Lewis and Cogger..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s our future 7

As in 2020

Agree with those that are saying he not ready for NRL week to week grind

Kids got confidence though

Watch him post match front and centre belting out the team song like a 100 game veteran

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did a few grubber kicks so I’m a fan of him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wakeham could be that explosive halfback we are dying for... the kid has the speed vision and temperament .. but... not ready for FG fulltime .Needs bit more time in Nsw cup and put on more size

Spot on Moe. He proved he can play at NRL speed today but he desperately needs a yr in reggies to fill in. The way he lurks around the field has my Polla-mounter dreams ticking.

With Coggar going alright and Lewis looking more like a utility man life after Foran without spending big on halves looks healthy.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not an ideal way to debut off the bench as an intended hooker... pay is a wanker for doing that. Thankfully for Wakeham he got an earlier run in the halves due to Forans injury

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

He looks like his an explosive player but when I saw him today I was worried about how small he was.
Makes JT (2004) look like Arnold.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wakeham has natural talent. Talks constantly on field, and is an intelligent player.

Light on his feet, and prefers to run the ball, but not take it as deep into the line as Foran or Lewis. Prefer to play before the line.

Pay mentioned he can play at hooker, but I doubt it. He is too small and lacks the body weight. If they fatten him up too much he'll lose his nimbleness.

Injuries haven't helped him this season as he was meant to play a full Canterbury Cup season and possibly debut next year or the year after.

Club have been slowish in his progress because he is a real talent.

Will be a special player in time IF he can keep injuries at bay.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kid is talented and looks like a natural halfback.

Needs a minimum of 1 year in Cup to bulk up. Needs to see Danks throughout the year and will be ready in 2021, once Forans contract finishes up at the end of 2020.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The guy didn't panic. He only got a call up a couple of hours before the game as a replacement hooker. I like the kid.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely looked more confident in last 10 mins problem is he was defending on the side with our worst defenders so no protection

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He looked very nervous with a few of his kicks but in the back end of the second half he hit the best bomb that I have seen a Bulldog kick in a long time. It actually had enough hang time to be legitimately dangerous.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely looked more confident in last 10 mins problem is he was defending on the side with our worst defenders so no protection
And another thing in attack liccha kept going to Cogger over giving Wakeham the ball I like how he was giving the ball early to CHN a couple of times hopefully be gets more confident when he gets more game time he certainly could be our long term half going into the future

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hard to tell at this stage. Had a really good kicking game which was good considering that he was meant to play hooker.

Side note, Cogger dropped off after Foran went off. He's definitely not ready to lead the team around the park.