Official Wakeham out for 10 weeks

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CHN gives you an option at centre so you can move Hoppa to fullback or Holland to wing to cover injuries. JMK might play many positions but he plays them poorly.
Id argue that JMK was at least as good in limited appearances in the booking role as Lichaa. If hesh had a full off-season training there he may surprise people.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is the only issue... Can Lichaa do 80?

As for injuries you now have CHN who could easily shift into the backline so really the only thing we need JMK for is hooker which is crap because his a nothing special hooker.
Lichaa is close to going 80 and he looks trim this year.

If we got other injuries Tolman could play hooker at a pinch and Jacko or CHN could go to 5/8.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id argue that JMK was at least as good in limited appearances in the booking role as Lichaa. If hesh had a full off-season training there he may surprise people.
I might be harsh on JMK but I just think he’s out of his depth in the NRL. You could be right and he might come good after a full off season and I hope he does but I’m not confident. He gives 100% effort but he has so many basic errors in his game.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa is close to going 80 and he looks trim this year.

If we got other injuries Tolman could play hooker at a pinch and Jacko or CHN could go to 5/8.
I bloody hope so.. Still got faith in the kid.

With all due respect its a shit plan to have... Tolman into hooker? Nah I cant fathom that one.

I'd rather have JMK on the bench than revert to a prop playing hooker.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I bloody hope so.. Still got faith in the kid.

With all due respect its a shit plan to have... Tolman into hooker? Nah I cant fathom that one.

I'd rather have JMK on the bench than revert to a prop playing hooker.
I’m only saying Tolman to hooker in a injury and Lichaa to go the 80. Tolman has done a bit of dummy half work before or even Holland in there and fill the centre. Im just thinking out loud really and seeing what options there are.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If tolman goes to hooker, then who will receive the ball on the 4th?

The players will get confused and then the nrl will fine us for bringing the game in disrepute

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If tolman goes to hooker, then who will receive the ball on the 4th?

The players will get confused and then the nrl will fine us for bringing the game in disrepute
Maybe if Lewis goes to hooker it could free up a spot in the halves for Tolman.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m only saying Tolman to hooker in a injury and Lichaa to go the 80. Tolman has done a bit of dummy half work before or even Holland in there and fill the centre. Im just thinking out loud really and seeing what options there are.
I get ya but if we are ever going to not have a 80min hooker we need to have a hooker on the bench which is shit considering jmk aint even a hooker. This is were it probably would have been good to have soggy segz around.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get ya but if we are ever going to not have a 80min hooker we need to have a hooker on the bench which is shit considering jmk aint even a hooker. This is were it probably would have been good to have soggy segz around.
Nu Brown should take the spot when he’s fit. He’s the most dangerous player we have out to dummy half.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be harsh on JMK but I just think he’s out of his depth in the NRL. You could be right and he might come good after a full off season and I hope he does but I’m not confident. He gives 100% effort but he has so many basic errors in his game.
Why the hype over JMK????? At best he’s a top25 squad player & less than average- if he wasn’t Benji’s bro would not have been graded. At the Tigers he was a fill in from fullback to hooker but mainly bench. Excels in no position & drowns at NRL level.
Nu Brown as utility & we have a glut of ball playing backrowers that can fill in if necessary should an outside back go down.
Lichaa has been sensational this preseason, changed body shape & his off the ground passing has been superb;he’ll play 80mins.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why the hype over JMK????? At best he’s a top25 squad player & less than average- if he wasn’t Benji’s bro would not have been graded. At the Tigers he was a fill in from fullback to hooker but mainly bench. Excels in no position & drowns at NRL level.
Nu Brown as utility & we have a glut of ball playing backrowers that can fill in if necessary should an outside back go down.
Lichaa has been sensational this preseason, changed body shape & his off the ground passing has been superb;he’ll play 80mins.
Sweet FA i would love what are saying to be true but i have a feeling that you might be Michael Lichaa??

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nu Brown should take the spot when he’s fit. He’s the most dangerous player we have out to dummy half.
Another sad affair... lol If Lichaa don't kick this season its time to shed all three and start again. Ima start looking...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wonder if Peats could regain the same form as the year he played origin?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if Peats could regain the same form as the year he played origin?
If we are going in another direction with the hooker position it should really be youth. Blayke Brailey should be the no 1 target. If not him one of Egan or Robson would do.
The only way experienced player I’d look at is Koroisau. Des and attacking hookers don’t mix and Koroisau is off contract come season’s end.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we are going in another direction with the hooker position it should really be youth. Blayke Brailey should be the no 1 target. If not him one of Egan or Robson would do.
The only way experienced player I’d look at is Koroisau. Des and attacking hookers don’t mix and Koroisau is off contract come season’s end.
I reckon we need xperience more than youth.. Koroisau ain't a bad notion.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I thought you were kidding about Tolman at hooker lol

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Hey mate have you been to pre season training a few times?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess we Will see if the off season has helped JMK, but he will have to show he’s improved BIG time!! Especially with all the basics. If he can give his usual 100% efrort and has fixed up his game then he may surprise this year (and he may not) as may a lot of players.

Start to season proper is getting close and I for one can’t wait to support our doggies..!! Let’s hope they all fire up and have one hell of a season.

Go DOGGS of 2019..!!!