10: RFM
11: Waddell
12: Elliott
13: Jackson

14: Hetherington
15: Napa/Ogden
16: Toomaga
17: JMK/Stimson
I like the side you have except I would start Hetherington with Thommo as I think the would feed energy off each other and bring RFM from the bench with Napa and To'omaga if they intend to persist with Napa under Barrett, and if he goes shit Ogden comes back in. JMK has to be 14 if they try Wakeham in the 9, Stimson is a fat turd and based on pics wont be fit before mid year if ever...

1: Meaney
2: DWZ
3: Cotric
4: Hopoate
5: Okunbur
6: Avo
7: Flanagan
8: Thompson
9: Wakeham
10: Hetherington

14: JMK
15: Napa
16: To'omaga
17: RFM

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think that is pretty close to the side that will be picked once everyone is available barring any last minute recruitments. But I don't like Elliot and Jackson on the field at the same time they are both pretty similar small forwards. They both play their guys out and with both of them out there and hoppa at centre our D will be pretty solid but they both don't bend the line or bust tackles unless the defence is on the back foot and neither coming at them would be particularly scary to the opposition.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I like the side you have except I would start Hetherington with Thommo as I think the would feed energy off each other and bring RFM from the bench with Napa and To'omaga if they intend to persist with Napa under Barrett, and if he goes shit Ogden comes back in. JMK has to be 14 if they try Wakeham in the 9, Stimson is a fat turd and based on pics wont be fit before mid year if ever...

Meaney :expressionless:

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
That is the other tricky part of the puzzle. I think give meany a go for the first few rounds as hoppa at 1 leaves a big hole at right centre that we can't fill and avo at 1 means we have to play Wakum who just looks completely out of his depth. I think meany is the least worse option, but he needs to work on his passing game and backing up through the middle, particularly as our pack will bust the line and offload way more this year.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. Deserves a shot and unless Burton comes in 21 to push Avo back to fullback or into 14, I think it it gives us a better looking backline with Hopa in the centres with Cotric. If Meaney doesn't get a run at 1 there is probably no spot in the 17 for him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That is the other tricky part of the puzzle. I think give meany a go for the first few rounds as hoppa at 1 leaves a big hole at right centre that we can't fill and avo at 1 means we have to play Wakum who just looks completely out of his depth. I think meany is the least worse option, but he needs to work on his passing game and backing up through the middle, particularly as our pack will bust the line and offload way more this year.
Yep. Deserves a shot and unless Burton comes in 21 to push Avo back to fullback or into 14, I think it it gives us a better looking backline with Hopa in the centres with Cotric. If Meaney doesn't get a run at 1 there is probably no spot in the 17 for him.
Crichton can play centre, I'd honestly rather play him there with Cotric and move Hoppa to fullback. Rumours of another back joining us are also still around so whoever that is could plug the hole. Anyway Burton should be here next season... hopefully.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

With the players we have available, I would pick exactly the same backline, However I have to disagree with your forward selection.
Napa or Hetherington to start with Ogden, then a rotation of To'omaga with Napa or Hetherington, and unfortunately JMK at no.9.
Thompson and RFM on the edges, and Jackson at 13, the others on the bench would be Elliot and Averillo to start the season.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the players we have available, I would pick exactly the same backline, However I have to disagree with your forward selection.
Napa or Hetherington to start with Ogden, then a rotation of To'omaga with Napa or Hetherington, and unfortunately JMK at no.9.
Thompson and RFM on the edges, and Jackson at 13, the others on the bench would be Elliot and Averillo to start the season.
Thats all good and the best part of having a forum, sharing our views. It will be interesting to see what line up the new coaching team start with.