News Waddell to thrive under Barrett

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's good he seems keen to try and establish himself, hopefully the other boys also push each other and embrace the competition same as it seems he has...

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kid seems to have a really good attitude. I think he has some definite potential, despite Manly fans calling him a plodder and being glad to be relieved of him. I think him and Doorey are going to be battling for a bench position in the short term. I have to mark him down for not mentioning how good our facilities are though, but to be fair he wasn't asked (for once)

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
great interview, very positive.
what TB is doing is putting a fast team across the board. it will be a very quick and mobile pack, thompson and hetherington are quick and mobile, add waddell and Elliot thats a quick forward pack.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what TB is doing is putting a fast team across the board. it will be a very quick and mobile pack, thompson and hetherington are quick and mobile, add waddell and Elliot thats a quick forward pack.
This is true and it's how Barret coaches his attacks. It also suits us because the vast majority of our games next season are day games.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To start the season I think our backrow will / should be
11. Elliot (right edge)
12. Waddell (left edge)
13. Jackson
* Mariner benched to be used as a middle replacing Jackson
Would be shitty to drop RFM after the season he had.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How pleasing to listen to someone who can actually put a sentence together,instead of the usual dribble,that come out of the mouth of some players,I personally think Corey wardell,will go to another level,at our club,and be one of the first picked

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kid seems to have a really good attitude. I think he has some definite potential, despite Manly fans calling him a plodder and being glad to be relieved of him. I think him and Doorey are going to be battling for a bench position in the short term. I have to mark him down for not mentioning how good our facilities are though, but to be fair he wasn't asked (for once)
Love his enthusiasm, Manly fans are an inbred and fickle bunch so I wouldn't listen to their dribble.....WoManly, f@cken red necks.... but I love their cheerleaders :grinning:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Didn't RFM score most of our trys this year he deserves a starting spot Imo was certainly one of our better players during the year
didnt i say he will be there somewhere? depends on the balance of the team, i love him as a player

Dog gone

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
great interview, very positive.
I think barret will have us attacking with our defence aswell, he seems to be getting fast off the line defenders in hethrington wadell etc add in thompson jacko and the other boys and i think our defence will be good, aswell as trent was a great attacking player so his coaching is just what our team needs i havent felt this excited comming into a season in a decade atleast

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think barret will have us attacking with our defence aswell, he seems to be getting fast off the line defenders in hethrington wadell etc add in thompson jacko and the other boys and i think our defence will be good, aswell as trent was a great attacking player so his coaching is just what our team needs i havent felt this excited comming into a season in a decade atleast
100% add furner as defence coach and all is looking good so far

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
did i say he didnt?
No, I just don't see how he isn't starting given how well he played compared to the rest of our forwards. I do think he is better suited to the middle but he deserves some sort of reward for last season.