Voting Football Club Members - PLS take notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is an appeal to all who are voting today.

When I log into the Kennel each day I use as a password my late Mum's name. I do so to remind me of her and my undying love and respect for her. I also share a similar type of respect and love for my proud club.

I appeal to all voting members today to listen to the Kennel forum, who have unanimously indicated their support for the current administration.

If all Kennel regulars had voting rights today the result would be already known. I strongly recommend that all regulars join the footy club to place themselves in a position three years down the track to vote.

Whatever the result then would be democratic and it would reflect the majority view of a proud club. People will always disagree, but we need not get ugly about it as a result. Overseas migrants believe Australia is the best damn country in the world because of our ability to listen rather than judge. It's called a "fair go" and that's what us Bulldogs have always believed in and always will.

Let's have a drink today and have fun. The season kickoff is around the corner.
One thing is for sure, the one thing, like always, that will come out of today is a re-affirmed, galvanised proud club who will probably start odds on to repeat 2004.

Regards,
Russell

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an appeal to all who are voting today.

When I log into the Kennel each day I use as a password my late Mum's name as my password. I do so to remind me of her and my undying love and respect for her. I also share a similar type of respect and love for my proud club.

I appeal to all voting members today to listen to the Kennel forum, who have unanimously have indicated their support for the current administration.

Regards,
Russell

You are an idiot. Yes I feel for you about your mother but using that to possibly sway some people is ridiculous.

Unanimously indicated their support for the current admin ? LMAO.. You have got to be joking. Ask people who actually have a clue about the club and you will see a hugely divided opinion. Something has got to change here. Our reputation as the "Family Club" is in absolute tatters and I for one hope that Noad eventually gets the boot. I have a huge respect for George Peponis as I know he has the clubs interests in his heart but I think some of this has become a bit personal and these vendettas are coming through.

I'm hoping that there is a change and that some of the guys from the old school can make a change and get our club back to where it belongs.

The current administration aren't able to do that. They have been on a downward spiral for a while now.

Timmah.

CANTERBURY!!!!!
Reaction score
Unanimously indicated their support for the current admin ?
He's directly quoting a poll which says more than 70% of members on this forum are happy with the current administration. Just because you simply don't agree, doesn't mean it isn't true.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's directly quoting a poll which says more than 70% of members on this forum are happy with the current administration. Just because you simply don't agree, doesn't mean it isn't true.
And did you see the point I said about people having a clue ?

Nuff said champ.

I suppose you are one of the people who is happy with the current direction the club has been going and that is down the toilet ?

I've had enough. The amount of bad press (whether you think there is a campaign or not) is shocking.

Like I said previously Bullfrog Moore would have nipped this in the bud in the first instance. Some of these board members and whoever else have let the players run the club and just about get away with whatever. Look at Mase. He had about a hundred chances with the club before something was done.

And I'm glad you failed to mention his mentioning of his mother.

How is that relevant ? About as relevant as the fact I've told my missus I want to have 3 boys and name them Sonny, Bill and Williams.

Deadset.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hi there

If you ask some of the the minority about the supposed huge divide they will probably come up with some lame response like your inital one ' your an idiot" I don't think anyone should be labled an idiot for expressing a point of view - which I was doing. The knockers of the current board are using these tactics very unsuccessfully.

If your love for the Dogs was true, you might be more polite and offer constructive debate rather than emotive waffle. Grow up champ - we're all Bulldogs and we all want the same thing.

In case you would like to revisit the poll - check it know. If you do not agree with the majority, so be it - you could always follow Wee Willie to the chooks - the IQ seems unfortunatley similar.

Regards,
Russell

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
And did you see the point I said about people having a clue ?

Nuff said champ.

I suppose you are one of the people who is happy with the current direction the club has been going and that is down the toilet ?

I've had enough. The amount of bad press (whether you think there is a campaign or not) is shocking.

Like I said previously Bullfrog Moore would have nipped this in the bud in the first instance. Some of these board members and whoever else have let the players run the club and just about get away with whatever. Look at Mase. He had about a hundred chances with the club before something was done.

And I'm glad you failed to mention his mentioning of his mother.

How is that relevant ? About as relevant as the fact I've told my missus I want to have 3 boys and name them Sonny, Bill and Williams.

Deadset.
Talk about those who live in glass houses. You dont have a clue yourself. Where did you get your info about what people "with a clue" have. You go door-knocking, asking around the leagues club, run your own poll did you?

You are guessing.

And about the club going down the toilet. Bullsh!t. I dont see any major problems. We have good players, good staff, the club is profitable, and now Mason is gone we should get a lot less negative press. Because a few players left for various reasons, none of them except Mason being anything to do with the club, doesnt mean the club is falling down.

All clubs loose players. You dont hear the Storm b1tching coz they lost a few players to ESL and other clubs do you? Happens to all clubs. No 1 club can afford to keep too many stars, so when they have a successsful club, people usually have to leave to get a pay rise. That was the purpose of the salary cap, to give all clubs a fair go and avoid any one club dominating for too long.

So vote today if you can, and leave it at that. Dont be shocked if you dont get your own way.

Funny how most of the ppl i see here who support the rebel ticket are all rude and nasty about it and are abusive. No rebel supporters are talking about it calmly. The result is a no brainer to me, and hey we dont have to wait long to confirm it so lets see shall we....

Get a clue ok.

Timmah.

CANTERBURY!!!!!
Reaction score
Hodgo, I've said it elsewhere, this board election is like the 2007 NSW State Election. The current board isn't doing all that well, but the alternative presented isn't viable, and could end up markedly worse. I'd rather vote to keep the known level of sh*tness than a further unknown level of sh*tness that could transpire under a new board whose only difference to the current is it's relationship with the media.

For the record the current level of sh*tness isn't that bad either.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dear Hodgo,

I think you've missed the point.
I love my mum I love my bulldogs - simple to grasp that one.
Notwithstanding the press over the last few years we have still won a gf and missed the semis i think once - not bad, many clubs would love to match that record.

have your view champ, because I truly respect it - but don't jump in the gutter with the other chooks and gooses who I would contend are placing their own imprtance and egos before our proud club's collectice good.

thanks for your response - it's good to be passionate, constructively.

Regards,
russell

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there

If you ask some of the the minority about the supposed huge divide they will probably come up with some lame response like your inital one ' your an idiot" I don't think anyone should be labled an idiot for expressing a point of view - which I was doing. The knockers of the current board are using these tactics very unsuccessfully.

If your love for the Dogs was true, you might be more polite and offer constructive debate rather than emotive waffle. Grow up champ - we're all Bulldogs and we all want the same thing.

In case you would like to revisit the poll - check it know. If you do not agree with the majority, so be it - you could always follow Wee Willie to the chooks - the IQ seems unfortunatley similar.

Regards,
Russell

LOL..so you criticise me for using a phrase like "you're an idiot" (can you see the irony in the way you wrote that ? You are and "your" ?? And you compare my IQ to that of Mr Mason LOL) yet you compare my IQ to that of Willie ?

If you are going to take the results of a poll in here as gospel then maybe I'm giving you more credit then you deserve.

I've got no problem with you expressing your point of view. Its the way you went about it. Did you really need to use the fact you use your late mother's name as a password ? You did it for a reason champ and it didn't wash over with me. Yes I do feel sorry that your mother has passed away. I'm fortunate enough to still have mine around so I don't know exactly how you feel in that regard.

This place isn't the easiest place to offer polite and constructive criticism. How many of the actual board members read this place regularly and actually take it in ? They will probably preach that they do but I'd be surprised if they actually listened to the real fans in here rather than trying to going along the lines they have been and following their own personal agendas.

Now if you want to make this personal with more insults feel free.

I'd be more than happy to compare IQs.

It would be like comparing Roy Asotasi (myself) with Robert Tocco (that is you !).

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry champ - the insults spilt from your dribble first and your attempt to get pally with me over that is fruitless. Shame this isn't a private chat, for the sake of sanity I'd block ya.

Regards,
Russell

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Hodgo,

I think you've missed the point.
I love my mum I love my bulldogs - simple to grasp that one.
Notwithstanding the press over the last few years we have still won a gf and missed the semis i think once - not bad, many clubs would love to match that record.

have your view champ, because I truly respect it - but don't jump in the gutter with the other chooks and gooses who I would contend are placing their own imprtance and egos before our proud club's collectice good.

thanks for your response - it's good to be passionate, constructively.

Regards,
russell
No I didn't miss the point Rusty. Yes you love your mother. That's great. Most people do including myself. Yes I do love the club. Enough to travel to Leeds to watch them in the WCC (nevermind that I was living in Scotland at the time LOL).

Just don't come in here saying stuff like that and not expect someone to disagree. They say opinions are like ars.eholes. Everyone's got one !

I love this club more than most things and it hurts at times to watch our great club go down the path it has been for years. Not sure how old you are Rusty but our club was one of the most respected (if not the most) for a number of years.

We are easily the least respected club in the competition at the moment. Prospective players are also (if you believe certain reports) avoiding the club due to the stuff that is going on at our great club. We would have been one of the most appealing clubs in years gone by (insert Oasis joke here).

If you are happy with the way the club is going that's fine.

I am not and If I come across as emotional, its because I care about our great club.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Now if you want to make this personal with more insults feel free.

I'd be more than happy to compare IQs.

It would be like comparing Roy Asotasi (myself) with Robert Tocco (that is you !).
oh dear.

You opened the gate and now blame the dog for getting out. You started any abuse i saw in the thread. Pull your head in champ.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry champ - the insults spilt from your dribble first and your attempt to get pally with me over that is fruitless. Shame this isn't a private chat, for the sake of sanity I'd block ya.

Regards,
Russell
Hahahaha...

I don't want to get pally with you at all. You've used your emotional ties with this place to try and sway people and it doesn't wash over with me.

Might work with some 12 year old whose first memory of the Dogs is the Salary cap breach.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've never been in the habit of getting personal and I'm not really gunna start now. If you wanna talk fact with passion fine (that's what I did) .Dont attempt to convince an audience and yourself with half baked post hoc ergo propter hoc - it dont wash champ. Enjoy your Sunday, perhaps you can help your Mum with the washin or needlework or something.

Regards,
Russell

Timmah.

CANTERBURY!!!!!
Reaction score
Um, since when has this club cared about how respected it is in the RL fraternity? I know for a fact Manly don't give a sh*t, and the Roosters had noone behind them a long time ago.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh dear.

You opened the gate and now blame the dog for getting out. You started any abuse i saw in the thread. Pull your head in champ.

Where did I say I didn't ?

You are probably one of those on the "Continue with the board" bandwagon.

Timmah.

CANTERBURY!!!!!
Reaction score
Hahahaha...

I don't want to get pally with you at all. You've used your emotional ties with this place to try and sway people and it doesn't wash over with me.

Might work with some 12 year old whose first memory of the Dogs is the Salary cap breach.
Who the f*ck do you think you are questioning someone's passion for the club?

Pull your head in son.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um, since when has this club cared about how respected it is in the RL fraternity? I know for a fact Manly don't give a sh*t, and the Roosters had noone behind them a long time ago.
They probably don't give a sh*t. Doesn't stop players signing with those clubs which was my point (to an extent).

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
70% does not equal unanimous though. I agree that things are'nt what they used to be. People used to like the Dogs even when they supported another team. Now all we seem to get is negative story after negative story, and our opposition fans absolutely hate us with a passion.

I know the salary cap was designed to spread talent around evenly, but we have lost a huge amount of players, where other clubs seem to retain most of their stars that they have brought through (not all). Seeing the players we lose have come through our junior system, you would think at least some of them would be willing to stay at the club that nurtured them for a little less money, but it isnt happening. Something just doesnt seem right. I dont know why that is, but the club just isnt the same as it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.