Vote for Klem for Sports Dad of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
David Klemmer is among the top 10 elite Australian athletes vying for the Sports Dad of the Year Award to be named for Father's Day on Sunday week, 6 September.

The award showcases the contribution Australia's sporting elite make to their families both on and off the field.

Now in its seventh year, the Philips Sports Dad of the Year will highlight 10 elite athletes across a broad range of sporting fields, giving insights into how they juggle fatherhood with their sporting commitments. Last year's winner was Sydney Roosters retired legend Anthony Minichiello.

This year's nominated Sports Dad's will be profiled on a dedicated website sportsdads.com.au which will include questions and answers from the players about their families, as well as comments from the athletes' partners and children as well as family photos.

All entrants have the opportunity to win special prizes for their own father this Father's Day and the winning Philips Sports Dad of the Year will win $5000 to donate to their charity of choice.

Leading the charge this year is our very own Bulldogs and NSW Blues firebrand David Klemmer, Socceroos captain and enforcer Mile Jedinak, Australian rugby league stars Johnathan Thurston and Greg Inglis, Richmond Tigers AFL captain Trent Cotchin, two time Grand Slam winner and Aussie Davis Cup hero Lleyton Hewitt, Wallaby captain Stephen Moore, V8 Supercar star James Courtney, Test star Brad Haddin and captain of the all-conquering Kookaburras Mark Knowles.

Vote now at sportsdads.com.au. Voting ends on Tuesday, September 1, and the Philips Sports Dad of the Year winner will be announced on Father’s Day, Sunday, September 6.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fitting that you have his exchange with Parker as your sig :roflol:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Trying to figure out why the are giving away so many things in their Grooming Major Prize pack.

It's like "heres 3 electric shavers and 2 bodygroomers that all do the same thing".. and I've already got the S9111/26 (it's DAMN GOOD too!).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Inglis has a kid? Poor kid tbh.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Any more information on how Klemmer became nominated?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I won't be voting because I've never seen any of those blokes bringing up their kids.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
What do you mean?
Think what he is saying is that just because he plays for the dogs and we are dogs supporters doesn't naturally mean he is a good dad! Gotta agree with him too, nothing against Klemmer at all but being a good dad is bloody hard work and something to be witnessed and not voted on. Just my 10 cents worth.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Think what he is saying is that just because he plays for the dogs and we are dogs supporters doesn't naturally mean he is a good dad! Gotta agree with him too, nothing against Klemmer at all but being a good dad is bloody hard work and something to be witnessed and not voted on. Just my 10 cents worth.
I'm along the lines with you GD. Klem's a good footy player, but how the hell should I know what kind of Dad he is?

Overall I find these awards a bit silly. This one looks nothing more than a Philips marketing campaign... now to my crusade to get rid of Australian of the Year...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm along the lines with you GD. Klem's a good footy player, but how the hell should I know what kind of Dad he is?

Overall I find these awards a bit silly. This one looks nothing more than a Philips marketing campaign... now to my crusade to get rid of Australian of the Year...
Lol, yeah I hate to be serious but exactly as you said really! I mean didn't Inglis get done for Domestic violence (providing it was 100% true of course), so not exactly a good look or influence as a dad. We don't know these people so how can you vote on what sort of dad they are?

Status
Not open for further replies.