Official V'Landys Makes Adjustments to 6 Again

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Best adjustment he can make is fucking right off
I'm well and truly sick of seeing people running the game that weren't even fans of it to start with. I'd say that for the last 15 years or so the people in charge of the game have been clueless about what fans enjoy and more inclined to tailor the game to outside interests. I'm of the opinion that as soon as a gambling sponsor got involved, it's been shaped so that fairness isn't the priority.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So they'll just hold them down longer in the ruck instead?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Peeling, my pet hate, another farkin Melbourne invention.

Always a Bulldog
I'm talking specifically about the deliberate 6 agains (in opposition half). If it's only a traditional penalty for offsides they'll just hold down instead on tackle 1 (assuming I read that correctly). This is so obvious and surely rectified before the start of the season.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm well and truly sick of seeing people running the game that weren't even fans of it to start with. I'd say that for the last 15 years or so the people in charge of the game have been clueless about what fans enjoy and more inclined to tailor the game to outside interests. I'm of the opinion that as soon as a gambling sponsor got involved, it's been shaped so that fairness isn't the priority.
So much THIS!

Not a sport anymore, just a betting product like racing.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm talking specifically about the deliberate 6 agains (in opposition half). If it's only a traditional penalty for offsides they'll just hold down instead on tackle 1 (assuming I read that correctly). This is so obvious and surely rectified before the start of the season.
If a player is holding down then he doesn’t get back on side for the next play the ball, too easy.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hence why two certain teams seemed to have the advantage Storm and Penrith did a great job of milking the rules as they were this year and one of those sides won the competition....
Athough he's a great player, Cam Murray for the Bunnies is beginning to be a "milker" in the vein of Croker for the Raiders.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure there are too many other codes that change their rules as much as league does.
they dont, thats why there's no other code with so many refereeing blunders... the poor refs probably cant remember the rules half the time to be honest

Malla

Reaction score
He's just digging a hole for himself and the league.

Changing the rules far too often.

Any time there's an issue or an area of improvement in the future are we going to just change the rules again?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reserving my judgement on 6 agains till I see how the refs treat us this year....probably won't have a better regard for Vlad or the refs lol (but hoping :grinning: )
we got hammered with them last year so probably same again

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They've fucked things up so much with this 6 again shit.. At the end of close games like today's between Parra and the Tigers, teams are deliberately giving away penalties in front of the posts because they know it will be a six again and not a shot at goal.

This almost cost the Tigers the game as on the last play, they got a six again and not a penalty. Luckily for them Hastings kicked the field goal... I can see this being a huge problem in close games in Origin and the finals. Of course they'll only change it once there's a controversy about it..

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They've fucked things up so much with this 6 again shit.. At the end of close games like today's between Parra and the Tigers, teams are deliberately giving away penalties in front of the posts because they know it will be a six again and not a shot at goal.

This almost cost the Tigers the game as on the last play, they got a six again and not a penalty. Luckily for them Hastings kicked the field goal... I can see this being a huge problem in close games in Origin and the finals. Of course they'll only change it once there's a controversy about it..
Tigers were unlucky not to get a penalty on the second last set when Jimmy Roberts was tackled/held back before he caught the ball (straight in front about 35m out)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tigers were unlucky not to get a penalty on the second last set when Jimmy Roberts was tackled/held back before he caught the ball (straight in front about 35m out)
How did the NRL not see the consequences of this though? Teams are deliberately giving away penalties in tied games in front of the sticks because they know the team can't take a shot at goal. It's the dumbest shit in the world. It will cost a team an Origin or finals game and only then will they change it.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How did the NRL not see the consequences of this though? Teams are deliberately giving away penalties in tied games in front of the sticks because they know the team can't take a shot at goal. It's the dumbest shit in the world. It will cost a team an Origin or finals game and only then will they change it.
I agree it wasn’t well thought through by the NRL - But, in saying that, if a team can’t game manage a field goal with a fresh 6 in an attacking position, they don’t deserve to win.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree it wasn’t well thought through by the NRL - But, in saying that, if a team can’t game manage a field goal with a fresh 6 in an attacking position, they don’t deserve to win.
If there's less than 30 seconds left in a tied game then a new set of six does nothing for you. If it's a deliberate penalty you would rather a shot at goal and you should get a shot at goal.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why I reckon there should be an action group that looks after all suggested changes to the rules and see what the issues or merits are with any changes and the impact it has on the game. They must allocate a game that will have no impact on semi finals etc to trial such changes to see if they are viable. It's not that hard to set up.