Official V'Landys Makes Adjustments to 6 Again

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As per Fox Report, Uncle Pete has made changes which most people will agree with...
-
The only rule change we’re going to make is that when you’re inside your own 40m line and a defensive team is offside, it won’t be six-again, it will be a penalty,” V’landys said via @foxleague
-
“Teams were giving away six-agains to keep the pressure on the other team. We want to eradicate that.”
-
“If you give away a penalty and they get themselves out of their own territory, it takes away from that. That’s the only thing we’re looking at.”

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about ruck infringement inside the 40?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I wonder when this prick is going impiment weight for age rules... Dead set flop with zero footy IQ
There is no perfect system but not a fan of weight for age. A 13 year old at 80kg is significantly weaker than a 17 year old at 80kg

When I played and coached the early teen years the biggest blokes were often the softest.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure there are too many other codes that change their rules as much as league does.
Rugby Union does quite often and it has made the game a better spectacle for the fans and safer for the players.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As per Fox Report, Uncle Pete has made changes which most people will agree with...
-
The only rule change we’re going to make is that when you’re inside your own 40m line and a defensive team is offside, it won’t be six-again, it will be a penalty,” V’landys said via @foxleague
-
“Teams were giving away six-agains to keep the pressure on the other team. We want to eradicate that.”
-
“If you give away a penalty and they get themselves out of their own territory, it takes away from that. That’s the only thing we’re looking at.”
What about ruck infringement inside the 40?
The 6 again rule should totally be abolished,
Bring in what I would call a new fast penalty rule...
Team receiving a penalty should be allowed to play kick or run the ball or take a shot at goal if desired, the old rules !
The new rule should be...If the penalized team offends again to intentionally slow down the play, instantly sent the offender to 5 minutes in the bin, similar concept to soccer where 2 yellow cards are red, This will bring back Fairness choice and balance in the game !!!
The problem will always remain how the referees choose to interpret the rules,
You know what I mean ?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
-
-
-
Hence why two certain teams seemed to have the advantage Storm and Penrith did a great job of milking the rules as they were this year and one of those sides won the competition....

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring in "2 back to back penalties will automatically see a player binned for a 3rd penalty".

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rugby Union does quite often and it has made the game a better spectacle for the fans and safer for the players.
As does AFL people on here just wouldn’t know the rules

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hence why two certain teams seemed to have the advantage Storm and Penrith did a great job of milking the rules as they were this year and one of those sides won the competition....
every team were doing it they were just better

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
lol thats gold " a better spectacle to watch"

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fixes and issue he introduced, everyone kisses his feet.

If the NRL had a backbone and proper referees they wouldn't have had to bother with this BS rule in the first place.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t get why they try so hard to change the game to attract fans, Fam. A bit of change is good, but too much of it only drives people away. I don’t rate V’landys as a league administrator. Not at all. Namaste
Reserving my judgement on 6 agains till I see how the refs treat us this year....probably won't have a better regard for Vlad or the refs lol (but hoping :grinning: )