Vitamins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Vitamins, Supplements, Multi-vitamins, Blackmores, Swisse, Ricky Ponting - what does it all mean?

I don't use a whole lot of these things but I know people that do. Does it really work? What do you recommend?

I have recently started taking an Energy Support: 'Blackmores Mega B Complex' - My mate at work gave them too me after he was worried about my V intake. I don't notice a huge difference TBH, but I have only been on them for about a week.

I also used to take a multi-vitamin but that teetered off as it never really became part of my daily routine - I'm not a big gym / festival goer and so my body probably doesn't require the same levels of certain vitamins as some, but I'm curious if I should re-introduce these, or if there's anything else I should start taking.

N

Natboy

Mainly for energy? I've been taking fusion energy multi-advanced & have a lot more energy and generally feel better

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
IMO alot of the vitamins supplements you take just end up passing out in your urine.Its my understanding that your body cant store excess vitamins away and use them when you want.For some people who are vitamin defient in some areas vitamins could supplement what you dont have.For the general population who eat a regular healthy diet taking vitamins would be a waste of time,as all of your important vitamins are found in your food etc...
I feel its a bit of a placebo effect you think its helping so you keep taking it....
Each to the own :grinning:

Vargster

Moderfaker
Reaction score
Mainly for energy? I've been taking fusion energy multi-advanced & have a lot more energy and generally feel better
What brand etc? They expensive? That's the other thing I've - some of these products can cost bucket loads!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IMO alot of the vitamins supplements you take just end up passing out in your urine.Its my understanding that your body cant store excess vitamins away and use them when you want.For some people who are vitamin defient in some areas vitamins could supplement what you dont have.For the general population who eat a regular healthy diet taking vitamins would be a waste of time,as all of your important vitamins are found in your food etc...
I feel its a bit of a placebo effect you think its helping so you keep taking it....
Each to the own :grinning:
I'm vitamin D deficient but who isn't in winter. I have taken the vitamins & don't feel any better or worse.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm vitamin D deficient but who isn't in winter. I have taken the vitamins & don't feel any better or worse.
All you need is a few days in the sun when it warms up..

N

Natboy

What brand etc? They expensive? That's the other thing I've - some of these products can cost bucket loads!
Fusion is the brand. They are about $40 for 3 months worth. I had them recommended by a few people that know their vitamins & they are working for me

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All the same shit. Some may have a bit more certain vitamins than others but they all do the same thing don't get sucked in by the brand names.

They all work imo.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I took blackmores once, made my pee fluro yellow and felt queezy a few time.

I use cenovis

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
been using a teaspoon of freeze dried groung ginger in a glass of pineapple juice once a day for years, have not had more then a sniffle or any sort of flu for best on 6 years now.
look up the benefits of ginger, been around for centuries and is very widely used in medicines

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the ginger is in powder form?

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would stay away from those cenovis/blackmore type vitamins you buy in the supermarkets. The cheaper vitamins are all synthetic vitamins which your body doesn't even absorb..

Status
Not open for further replies.