Vintage Australian ice cream/ lollies

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ice blocks were 3c and paddlepops were 5c back when I trudged 10 miles thru the snow to school ;)
I'm with you wendog but no snow. However I did walk a couple of miles to school in Georges Hall. And i can just remember using sixpence and threepence.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Crazy Maze it was a go to chocolate bar in the 70s my Grandmother had a housing commission place couple houses down from the tower at B Charlies hill Condell Park her name was Maisie her sister lived across the road heaps of kids and cousins we used to walk down the hill to the shops as kids get the Crazy Maze, footy in the backyard was on a slope it was good running down hill, there was a good hooker in the family only had one game for the dogs first grade.
I went to Condell Park high before moving to Ulladulla

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Steam Rollers were the best mints,i remember them very well!
I used to get Raspberry Lollies from my school canteen, they are similar to Fruit Tingles, they were awesome, but then one day they stopped making them

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 37575
Extremely hard chocolate, that I recall from my Army Cadet days. Probably could stop a bullet, or break a few teeth... :tearsofjoy:
I went away with my BIL years ago to the Reserves for a weekend, i was given a ration pack, that food made me fart like i had eaten curries for a year and i saved all my farts for that weekend away, bloody terrible.

A child care dad that i chat to was in the army, he said they eat certain foods to basically giv yourself constipation so you don't fart, sounds like FUN!