Rumour Viliame Kikau

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JMK and Flanagan with Kikau.. reserve graders meet First grade

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gould replied on Twitter that he believes your spine should all be in the top 8 player paid and 3 of them in the 4 highest.

kikau is a no go, and with TPJ now I don’t think we need him as a priority.

hetherington I thought looked good enough back row today.
TPJ
Hetherington
Doorey
Topine
RFM
Stimson for 1 more year.

fk Elliot and Waddell off
And he's 100% right. Great backrows don't win you games. We can't have all our money tied up by our pack. Burton will deadset need an upgrade after 1 season and we'll need money to land a star 1, 7 or 9.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s not worry about our most solid position hooker cause Marshall offers awesome service.
Let’s buy one million dollar forwards that play 40 minutes like Thompson
Poor cap management
Cook will be our starting 9 next year. I'd love us to spend on a great half or hooker but very unlikely there will be anyone we can get in those positions so if so we might as well have the best attacking backrow in the comp.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s quite common for the fracture in a bone in the foot to require a graft, they often don’t heal without it. Autologous bone grafts have a very high success rate, way over 90%.

Always a Bulldog
I hope RFM does come good. I really like him as a player. Him and TPJ on the edges would be great.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We don’t need Villiame, we’ll be fucking animals with Hetherington, Topine, and TPJ tearing up the edges and with Vaughan, Thompson and Ogden laying the platform. Watch out opposition.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Elliott gone. RFM medically retired. He recently underwent a bone graft for an injury (bone) which didn't heal. Not a good sign.

This would free up 1M

If we have the cap free and Barrett and Gould can't get Kikau no-one can.

Imagine a backrow of Kikau and TPJ. No decent halves available really. Pearce will be too old by 2023 when off contract. Surely we have to find a successful half out of BBO, Wakeham and Flanagan. I really think Cook will be successful at 9. Dufty is going to be as good a fullback as we can find. Doubt we'll be signing Paps. Doubt we'll be signing Cheese.
Seriously, no back rower is worth 1 million per season including Kikau! He is good and I’d love to have a strike back rower like him on board with us but cmon the Dogs are apparently struggling for salary cap space and making offers to Kikau for 1 million per season... no chance this story is 100% bullshit and Gus would never pay that for him end of story.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't they also report a few weeks ago he was switching codes. Let's concentrate on getting a 7 and 9 before signing up more forwards.
I honestly think Burton will be our 7 next season and Averillo 6 and the more I think about it the more I like it. All we need to put 100% focus on now is securing a top class Dummy half needless to say, it’s the only chink in our recruitment thus far and if we do sign someone like Brandon Smith then we certainly have the makings of being a top 8 side, possibly even top 4 if the team fire and gel quickly.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Kikau seems like the sort to go to the highest bidder, I'd rather us spend that money on the spine and a forward leader.
RFM medically retired is a distinct possibility with navicular fractures notoriously difficult to heal due to poor vascular supply. The fact he's had to resort to a bone graft indicates healing first time round wasn't complete, if the bone graft then fails it might be curtains for RFM.
Yes yes now back to your weekly medical journal entries Dr Noeasyday lol you and Twin Turbo certainly have your medical vocabulary nailed Mr.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No thanks no more rubbish

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another forward? Do we REALLY want that? Would prefer we try and get Pearce to be honest. I know we had a great win yesterday but you still could see the confusion at the 7 spot. There was times he was lost and needed to take control. It was just as well the tigers didn’t show up.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does he feel like he’s our tony williams 2.0? Similar scenario .. coach come from a club .. brings this guy along so does that mean we’re grand finalist 2023?

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kikau is a great player- but paying top dollar for non spine players is what got is into this mess under Des and Raelene. I think we might have some cheap back row options in Hethrington and I also think with more backline riches available next year that we should be trialling and developing Okunbour in this role. Plus we have Topine, Doorey, developing nicely and I was actually impressed with Stimson the last 2 weeks defensively and some nice touches ball playing. Plus the forgotten man RFM is back .

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kikau is a great player- but paying top dollar for non spine players is what got is into this mess under Des and Raelene. I think we might have some cheap back row options in Hethrington and I also think with more backline riches available next year that we should be trialling and developing Okunbour in this role. Plus we have Topine, Doorey, developing nicely and I was actually impressed with Stimson the last 2 weeks defensively and some nice touches ball playing. Plus the forgotten man RFM is back .
Relax bro 2023 we have some money to spend and then 2024 we only have 2 players signed so 2024 is the real deal but ur right vilame kikau even if we have a lot to spend for 2024 and some for 23 we can’t pay overs for non spine players

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine Burton, TPJ, Kikau, Naden, Addo-Carr rotating on the left edge. That’ll cause explosions in my pants. Will be the best left side attack in the competition. Anyone questioning this didn’t see them both absolutely anal the tigers defence. Lethal is an understatement
Whose getting the ball out to the the 9 is to slow out of dummy half

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Contracted for next year anyway, why would Penrith let him go? Passing either way.