Viewing next year, the year we compete for the 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Though to many next year may seem like a year of struggle and persisting to develop players , however I view next year rather differently. These past two games have really allowed me to really gain a perception on a multitude of difficulties the clubs encountering, various positives such as potential future stars (Lewis, Martin etc) and overall where we are as the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

After perusal of the management team and players were accustom to, I believe we can strive to regain a desired finals spot.

I will provide an example of a team which could very well work and be successful:

1. Hoppoate
2. B moz
3. Olive
4. J moz
5. Crichton

I am not necessarily keen on Smith and olive. I have excluded smith under the assumption that pay with includes Crichton, however I am unsure. With Olive, I would say we need to experiment with him and if he fails look for a centre on the market to develop.

6. Foran
7. Lewis

I cannot exaggerate the uncertainty I have about Foran. Under a team that was merely incapable of scoring points to now having a capable halves partner in Lewis and fullback in Hopoate will assist him and simplify his role. Obviously like others I would prefer to medically retire him or perhaps sell him, though that may not be the case. Simplifying Foran's role will inadvertently take the work load of him and further assist him to focus on his leader ship and game control, running game and kicking game.

8 Tolman
9 Brown
10 Klemmer
11 RFM
12 Martin
13 Jacko

This foward pack can get us upfield and that means points. I am not certain on brown, however over the remainder of the season we will be able to recognise if he posses the skill to be a starting hooker for us.

14. JMK
15. Odgen
16. Fualolo
17. a versatile forward of some sort

This bench has a utility which will be pivotal to this side, two decent props in Ogden and Fualolo and an agile forward we could look for on the market.

Overall, I am anticipating next year ever so dearly and am expecting us to play with sheer heart.

@Nrl_Bulldogs

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not a bad side.

Liccha's time is up surely. Even though he has another year left, barring injury he should be starting 9 in isp or just released. I agree with brown at 9 and jmk of the bench, as others have said and I agree, he's an utility player who's still developing. I don't think we'll retain the Morris bros, so Holland will most likely have a centre spot. I think and hope foran will medically retire and I'm not sold on cogger from from what I've seen but our halves will most likely be him and Lewis
That last bench spot could go to either Elliot or Okunbur

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope... it’s a wonderful euphoria. Until you support Canterbury Bankstown then you notice heartbreak, sadness and anger.
Another year of rebuilding for me

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not a bad side.

Liccha's time is up surely. Even though he has another year left, barring injury he should be starting 9 in isp or just released. I agree with brown at 9 and jmk of the bench, as others have said and I agree, he's an utility player who's still developing. I don't think we'll retain the Morris bros, so Holland will most likely have a centre spot. I think and hope foran will medically retire and I'm not sold on cogger from him from what I've seen but our halves will most likely be him and Lewis
I fortgot about elliot, i want him lol

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not a bad side.

Liccha's time is up surely. Even though he has another year left, barring injury he should be starting 9 in isp or just released. I agree with brown at 9 and jmk of the bench, as others have said and I agree, he's an utility player who's still developing. I don't think we'll retain the Morris bros, so Holland will most likely have a centre spot. I think and hope foran will medically retire and I'm not sold on cogger from him from what I've seen but our halves will most likely be him and Lewis
I fortgot about elliot, i want him lol

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought Smith looked solid again last night and they had trouble getting him to ground
I like him, i just think he needs to prove himself defensively. He is a curtis rona pretty much that is yet to prove himself.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be honest, so did I. Had to edit my post to include him :tearsofjoy:

I'm a fan though, definitely should be part of the 17

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hopefully we continue our rebuild next year and make the eight at least.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Smith looked solid again last night and they had trouble getting him to ground
He looks the goods. Has good pedigree. Good height. He will out a bit more and with the wxperience of playing 1st grade when the chips are down will only benefit him and tge team. He has done his apprenticeship and deserves a spot.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe we haven't had a fullback since 2013.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Olive has never been able to defend. Hence titans let him go. Hes running out of time in my books.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Elliot is playing at a 8/10.

That’s incredible! Guy will play origin at this rate ahaha, no joke!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We won't have BMoz, only a maybe on JMoz. So that means Holland is one centre and Smith is one winger. Elliott will be the first forward picked and if Pay finishes the season with Lichaa I think he will start him next year as well. He doesn't appear sold on Brown so JMK is more likely to be the 14. The other unknown is Meaney. If he develops through the off season it might push Hoppa to the centres.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I’m just going to wait now an let it all play out, I’m on the fence with any decisions made unless they are absolutely atrocious lol..

Let’s just see what happens haha!!

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put foran at hooker if he is there next year. He is better then Lichaa and the increase in workload would speed up retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.