Video Rental Stores

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh I was just telling all my Lebanese mates about this guy on the Kennel who has a small doodle and claims to be an Arab.
There's a few guys around, who of are south Asian heritage.
Because they settled in Lakemba and share the same religion as some Lebs, think it makes them Leb?

I've seen it several times since moving back to the Bankstown region.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have no authority on you so they can't do anything. Just like receiving fines from Woolworths for parking in their car park without a ticket (yes there are some, such as Campsie).

What was the final outcome?
I waited them out and they went bust! But it wasnt Owed. They would get a debt collector to call meevery few months and I’d repeat the story over.. but they just went away

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I waited them out and they went bust! But it wasnt Owed. They would get a debt collector to call meevery few months and I’d repeat the story over.. but they just went away
I wonder how they ever used to contact renters in that situation. A renter could be moving out in a week, he would go and rent a video game, then not return it, move house, and then they would have no way of contacting him lol.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder how they ever used to contact renters in that situation. A renter could be moving out in a week, he would go and rent a video game, then not return it, move house, and then they would have no way of contacting him lol.
good point, renters are used to avoiding pesky debt collectors, landlords and electricity company’s.. they would even change their look, fake ID, grow a moustache and wear glasses, come in and go again under a different name. Video stores would have no chance to trap a renter, no mouse trap big enough

if I owned a video store, I’d make customers come in with their rates notice.. to prove they owned the home.. renters are here giving guarantees one minute, fleeing on the other side of the country the next

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
good point, renters are used to avoiding pesky debt collectors, landlords and electricity company’s.. they would even change their look, fake ID, grow a moustache and wear glasses, come in and go again under a different name. Video stores would have no chance to trap a renter, no mouse trap big enough

if I owned a video store, I’d make customers come in with their rates notice.. to prove they owned the home.. renters are here giving guarantees one minute, fleeing on the other side of the country the next
If you owned a video store you would be encouraging and facilitating renters by means of your business model. You should go into owning a Sanity Records if you want to stick to your morals where people buy and own.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you owned a video store you would be encouraging and facilitating renters by means of your business model. You should go into owning a Sanity Records if you want to stick to your morals where people buy and own.
good point friend. Good retort .. who wants used videos or games where someone probably scratched their arse and handled the tape/game. Or probably played the game in the nude

have we seen that shop CEX? That’s the modern day video shop. That place has more disease and virus on their used goods, not to mention all the stolen goods there for sale. My opinion is covid-19 originated in there a mutant virus from all the fat nude people handling the equipment