Very Strong Premier Contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
We are very strong contenders for the Premiership this year. We have four of our gun players out and had control of the Melbourne game. So close.

Yes we had some stupid and unwanted errors but with our full Squad back I cant imagine how good we will be. Welcome another streak of wins.

Cant wait. Really wish our Squad wasn't so much hurt at the beginning of the season. But this I guess shows the promising talent that is coming up for our future.

Bulldogs 2013.

Cammo

Bulldogs Tragic
Reaction score
Injuries can cripple a teams season, and so far we have been unlucky with them. We are ok as long as we get our team back and they are all able to stay on the park.

Even Melbourne can see their season fall apart if say Cronk and Slater were both out for long periods with injury.

With our full team on the park there is no doubt we are contenders, but until we manage to get that consistently we will continue to struggle a little.

Very happy with tonight's performance though despite the loss, all bar one player really put in and showed a lot of heart. I am worried about Tony Williams though, looks like he doesn't want to be out there

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I totally agree ,if we hold the ball and get a halfback its all over

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In regards to injuries I'd rather be injured now rather then September. We're building nicely. Exciting season ahead with the calibre of players to come back!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This definitely shows whats coming later on from our team!

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so proud of the effort tonight but I have to admit I think the storm were at about 75%, their crazy schedule over the last month finally caught up with them IMO.

That being said we have a shit load of improvement ahead of us and arguably our 4 best players to come back into the team so we're definitely building towards a huge finals series, I just wish we had a dominant player that could turn opportunities into tries, we're still struggling score points and build pressure with repeat sets in the red zone.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1st 20 mins with the 2 line breaks, we didnt capitalise and thats where we could of won the game.
Very proud of the boys especially eastwood, klemmer, tolman and perret!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I am so proud of the effort tonight but I have to admit I think the storm were at about 75%, their crazy schedule over the last month finally caught up with them IMO.

That being said we have a shit load of improvement ahead of us and arguably our 4 best players to come back into the team so we're definitely building towards a huge finals series, I just wish we had a dominant player that could turn opportunities into tries, we're still struggling score points and build pressure with repeat sets in the red zone.
That would have hurt the storm, short turn around..definately, but remember they brought there big guns along that are state of origin toughened and played a solid contingent of young blokes and got severly damaged! Next time with a nice mix of our big guns returning its game on. Great mental win for us!

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Honestly the best loss I have ever felt, to every armchair d1ckhead who said Storms where gonna put a cricket score on us obviously only played a 5 over game...

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is a bit too soon, the storm forwards did look tired and we have to remember they did have a short turn around. We were really coming over the top at the end.

Having said that, it was easily our best performance this year. Cant wait till the boys are back.

Gingerbread Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our season begins in round 10 when our full squad is back and then we need to revisit this thread. If we are too far behind on the table we may find it hard to make the top 4 - where the eventual premiers will come from.

Benny77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Big 2nd half to the season coming up.... Let it Roll baby!!

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Not sure who will be better of the players that come back. Klemmer, Finucane and Jackson looked sensational last night and Tapau didn't let anyone down. Barba would have been the key difference. A little individual brilliance and his speed out wide.

I'm not waiting on our injured forwards, I think our replacements are just as good.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Team works great until the 5th tackle. Both Reynolds and KK lack diversity in this area. They need to be able to read the moment more and not just rely on the same thing for every situation.

Still early days though, I am sure it will improve.

S

Sharpy

Team works great until the 5th tackle. Both Reynolds and KK lack diversity in this area. They need to be able to read the moment more and not just rely on the same thing for every situation.

Still early days though, I am sure it will improve.
if you break the kicks down it is just execution, our cross field kicks from Reynolds last night were terrible, too deep and put no pressure on the defence, where as cronk was perfect for Duffie to score.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to be able to read the moment more and not just rely on the same thing for every situation.
Spot on. Dare I say it though, that Des probably saw something and drilled them to take this option all week.

Klem Bupa-Berg

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This game was inspiring and shows we can compete without the Big 4. This only means that we need consistency in effort and determination along with collecting the valuable two points. With our without the Big 4 the players need the FANS. 1 out of 3 is early days but we need the IF's into We Did It. The Belief grows from the club and its Fans, which makes it contagious on the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.