Vegan

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think there is some good stuff in the game changers and I wouldn’t mock anyone who is trying the diet but I agree it’s too hard to get everything you need on 100% plant based and the athletes in the show advocating generally have someone preparing all their meals for them.

btw ancient aliens is not a bad watch...
Whats it about?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Whats it about?
I haven’t seen a lot but basically different theories about Aliens over the years. I suppose you don’t know how credible the findings are but interesting... just don’t have enough time to watch it all but what I saw was not bad.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a joke.

Some vegans are hypocrites.
Roads use tar which is made from hydrocarbons which come from organic matter. In many cases it includes animals so vegans shouldn't use roads, or vehicles either.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whats it about?
It's a pretty entertaining show. It's about aliens and their interactions with humans. Everything from alien anal probes to aliens creating humans. It's full on conspiracy theory stuff but it's pretty entertaining. I find it funny that it airs on the History Channel which is meant to be about factual history.

Pretty popular show though. It has run for 14 seasons so far with a 15th season coming next year.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are supposed to be many miracle diets if you believe the research trying to sell any particular diet. Realistically speaking, just balancing dietary intake with a suitable amount of excercise is probably the best idea.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I watched the game changers on netflix and went vegan since nov 1 and feel great and lost 5.5kgs another 7 to go ,never thought id do this as i love chicken/eggs and meat .
Congratulations @doggieaaron.

I've been a vegetarian since 1984 and have never felt better (I'm sixty in April).
My decision to go vege. was based upon health concerns at the time and not on any other grounds - my family/friends are all very happy meat eaters.
Have I ever felt like eating meat since that time? Not at all BUT I do understand why people may find it difficult to cut meat out of their diets and I fully respect their right to do as they choose.
Initially, as a plasma/platelet/blood donor I did have concerns about my iron levels however that never became a problem at all nor have I had any nutrient deficiencies in pursuing this lifestyle choice.

I've never had any regrets and I wish you well - it gets easier!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Congratulations @doggieaaron.

I've been a vegetarian since 1984 and have never felt better (I'm sixty in April).
My decision to go vege. was based upon health concerns at the time and not on any other grounds - my family/friends are all very happy meat eaters.
Have I ever felt like eating meat since that time? Not at all BUT I do understand why people may find it difficult to cut meat out of their diets and I fully respect their right to do as they choose.
Initially, as a plasma/platelet/blood donor I did have concerns about my iron levels however that never became a problem at all nor have I had any nutrient deficiencies in pursuing this lifestyle choice.

I've never had any regrets and I wish you well - it gets easier!
Congrats to you and your health ,im surprised at how I haven’t even craved meat so far so good.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Malcolm Turnbull was prone minister we would have a plebiscite on this issue. Vote who's right and wrong

The encourage the vegans to come out of the closet

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
@doggieaaron interesting topic/post mate.

I’ve watched Game Changers and yes, I believe there is a fair bit to be gained from eating a plant based diet, although for me the stronger documentary is easily “Forks Over Knives”, less about “big production” and more factual...

Also look at 2 Hardcore Musicians, John Joseph and Harley Flanagan from the Cro-Mags, Vegan for a long time and these guys are as fit as fuck...they are also big advocates for Forks Over Knives.

I personally am not plant based, but I don’t eat a lot of red meat, I eat a lot of fish, chicken etc. I’ve always thought it comes down to balance and that is supported by the work Dan Buettner has done in identifying “Blue Zones”, essentially these are parts of the world where they have the highest rate of Centenarians. The idea is that they eat meat, but not a lot, get a lot of constant movement (as opposed to hardcore exercise) and have a sense of community, it’s super-interesting stuff...

Will be interested to hear your progress over time, maybe a little meat may find it’s way back into your diet, maybe not, whatever works best for the individual is the key imo.

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I considered vegan diet, but when I looked at other vegans, they were all scrawny and unbelievably nasty people.
The vegans I met in the city who hold the screens displaying animal slaughter act more like a cult in my opinion.

They say animal slaughter makes them sick?
I say promoting animal slaughter to push an agenda is equally disturbing!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The vegans I met in the city who hold the screens displaying animal slaughter act more like a cult in my opinion.

They say animal slaughter makes them sick?
I say promoting animal slaughter to push an agenda is equally disturbing!
Is that what they were doing?

I thought they were selling meat. Now I understand why they got so annoyed when I said, "I'll take rib eye from the one that's bleeding from the ears"

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fkn vegan for 6 weeks and already telling everyone about it.