Vaughan now straight up becomes our most critical signing target

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Posting outta Granville #2144 represent wassup to all my B.
Lend me your eyes, ears and heart for just a moment.

Paul Vaughans signature is now one iof the most critical signings in our recent history.

Bold comment but let me explain and justify.

We are trying to build a winning team obviously.

We have cotric on overs, Flanno, Elliott, Siemsen and Jackson on overs too and are carrying some freight for DWZ.

We have highly invested in our backline too with JAC and that and have some premium investment numbers in our squad-Thompson and JAC for example.

We have now added TPJ on a huge amount.

As everyone is aware though, we have a weakish spine. We are in crying need for a hooker, a great prop and a half. In that order.

We are not going to land all 3 the way things stand.

Im sorry but we are not.

We are goig to have to look at value. Discounts or juniors or players that are shit coming good.

even then we may need to offload someone.

And this be where the Vaughan signing becomes so critical.

Vaughan will fill the prop need. Vaughans market value is about 450-550 imo.

He is not going to get that next year with the year he has had this year.

We are now in a position to sign him around the 350/400 range.

My dawgs, this is critical and fantastic if we sign him below market rate.

This will allow us enough cash to still go for a marquee rake in 2022, assuming we fill the rest of the squad with flub.

If we get some luck with say, Flanno and Allen leaving, we will have it all.

A premium half and hooker, our above average prop at a disxount and our muscly gorilla in the second row.

Without the Vaughan signature, our prop hunt continues and i diubt we will have anywhere near the amount of luck in finding the player we require at 35% off.

If you want your cheese, you MUST be completely on board with the Vaughan signing now TPJ is signed at a high price.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do agree he's a critical signing as with TPJ and potentially a couple of other new young forwards, we should have some go ahead to give a speedy backline room to move.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Paul Vaughans signature is now one iof the most critical signings in our recent history.

We have cotric on overs, Flanno, Elliott, Siemsen and Jackson on overs too and are carrying some freight for DWZ.

We have highly invested in our backline too with JAC and that and have some premium investment numbers in our squad-Thompson and JAC for example.

As everyone is aware though, we have a weakish spine. We are in crying need for a hooker, a great prop and a half. In that order.

Im sorry but we are not.

We are goig to have to look at value. Discounts or juniors or players that are shit coming good.

This will allow us enough cash to still go for a marquee rake in 2022, assuming we fill the rest of the squad with flub.

A premium half and hooker, our above average prop at a disxount and our muscly gorilla in the second row.

Without the Vaughan signature, our prop hunt continues and i diubt we will have anywhere near the amount of luck in finding the player we require at 35% off.

If you want your cheese, you MUST be completely on board with the Vaughan signing now TPJ is signed at a high price.
Nasheed the og is in da houze

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Im sorry but we are not.

Gee scoop thats good
Add spell check next time

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed the og is in da houze
straight out.
big shout out to
the hoods (Granville,Breakfast point and the bankstown area filth)
my lebanese crew
also other ppl who arent lebs but are dogs supporters
My new girl Tam i met on tinder friday
The kennel
my gridiron teammates

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro, Granville postcode is 2142. Straight up I thought this thread is a fraud lol
typo sheesh

you think im the type of the guy to write penpal letters and go to the post office.

Hint:
more the type to get blitzed on Hennessy and shoot off angry drunk emails to the club.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd prefer we play TPJ in the middle and go after someone like Tapine but I've come around a bit in regards to Vaughan over the last week (I'd still prefer we go elsewhere, but I'll be okay with it).

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t mind if we get Vaughn on minimum wage on a 1 year deal, with an option to renew for a second year in our favour. But it must be a dirt cheap deal otherwise not worth the baggage / off field issues / culture risk he brings. Dragons have him on a backended deal with big overs. That’s why they were so pleased to be handed an excuse to boot him out

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One you are not a Doggies supporter Nasheed! What's with all the we's?
Two you are not Lebanese!
Three I don't know why everyone thinks Vaughan is going to have a go at less than half what he is getting now?

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughan plays in the comfort zone. Maybe the embarrassment and press of what happened will get a good season out of him....maybe but i am dubious.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Vaughan plays in the comfort zone. Maybe the embarrassment and press of what happened will get a good season out of him....maybe but i am dubious.
what kinmf od psychological effect would missing out on half a million have on him

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
One you are not a Doggies supporter Nasheed! What's with all the we's?
Two you are not Lebanese!
Three I don't know why everyone thinks Vaughan is going to have a go at less than half what he is getting now?
a- I am a passionate dogs/souths fan
b- born and raised in lebanon and i still wear g star sometimes
c- well, either Vaughan retires, or he acceots what the market pays for him and whos throwing dead presidents/the green/ Benjamins at him besides us?