News Vaughan eyeing new contact

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Without him against the roosters we lose. He has been immense for us after a slow start. Will probably get a small upgraded 2 year deal. We need his leadership especially for the young pups. We have not produced a quality prop for a long time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Without him against the roosters we lose. He has been immense for us after a slow start. Will probably get a small upgraded 2 year deal. We need his leadership especially for the young pups. We have not produced a quality prop for a long time.
I'm not sure about an upgrade, think he's on 450K or there abouts already.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughan comes across as a player that is grateful that we gave him a chance to keep playing NRL and in turn is giving us what we need in the middle. Where as Napa........
Vaughan & Dufty showed a lot of true passion for our team when we beat the Roosters , I thought it was a nice emotional touch when they hugged and kissed on the field, I think they are enjoying being Bulldogs and I think they're going to be very handy when we take on the Dragons, I hope they both get extended contracts because I don't think we've seen the best of either of the yet but I don't think It is far away.
1651502057850.png

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I reckon another 1 year deal on cheap money

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Really?

Possession 50/50
Completion Rate 81/66
Line Breaks 3/2
Kicks 24/14
Kick Metres 728/324 (FMD!)
40/20 1/0
Bombs 5/3
Grubbers 5/3
Intercepts 1/0
Errors 10/18 (One that you don't want to win numerically)
Ruck Infringements 2/3
Inside 10 Metres 0/1 (FMD again, how can the Chooks the most off side team in the NRL only get penalised once)
We even numerically won the penalties conceded 7/3 (Again not unusual or unexpected with that ref)
Play the ball speed 3.44/2.79 (FMD, at that play the ball speed how the fark can Chooks only cop 3 ruck infringements)

Of course the most important stat to win = Score 16/12, the only stat that farkin matters.

Always a Bulldog
Classic! Love all your FMDs in there too :tearsofjoy:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whilst he hasn't set the league on fire, i wouldn't mind re-signing him at the right price . . . Im sure we could throw in a few sausage sangas to sweeten thw deal

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep him, TPJ back up front, Thommo might go.
Kikau in second row, Hetherington back and some good players like King coming through.
Looks good.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Vaughn brings consistency, quality consistency not bog average consistency. He compliments TPJ who can be inconsistent from one half to the next but can win a game on his own. I Really hope we keep vaughn .

Malla

Reaction score
2 year deal I reckon

He will really help with development of Patolo and the greek god

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He did have words of encouragement to Dufty at the end of the game to give him a boost by the looks. Seemed to be emotional and meant a lot.

What happened to him with his contract and treatment by media and NRL with Bbqgate, and the fallout, would garner him some respect from the players on how he handled himself after that. So thats good experience for the younger guys to draw off him....dont take your career, money or contract for granted.

Hope we can.keep him but its up to him and Gus.

B-Town Lad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1 year extension would be ideal. 2 might be pushing it at his age

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also think it's weird (definitely not normal) Mahoney, Kikau and Sutton haven't had official/public announcements (Mahoney and Kikau have been announced in a members email). I'm not sure if that's linked with anything (in regards to salary cap and player retention).
all announcements stopped after the kikau photo leak. maybe gus has said something about announcing signings publicly moving forward. On twitter he says 'they have been announced' in relation to the members email though

edit: just saw @Bulldogsteve post about gus 'wanting to respect their current clubs' in relation to announcements

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely have to keep Vaughn. He puts in every week. And generally prop forwards
do not reach their peak until they are in their 30's.