News Vaughan eyeing new contact

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One of the only players to get over the 100m mark consistently. It was a good signing and I hope he’s kept.

People don’t like to hear it but he’s much better than Thommo value and work rate wise.
Couldn't agree more...
For a reasonable price we should keep him, maybe on 1 year and 1 year club option.
If somehow we can offload Thompson it would be a great savings for a better spine.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He just does his job without out being flash. Doesn't give away dumb penalties either like Napa and Elliott.
Exactly This!!!

Maybe sign him up until Hass gets here :-) ....................... hopefully, maybe - If he comes of course.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
He’s been a really good leader, not sure if anybody saw him barking orders in the huddle after The Fox’s first try. He’s really grown into a leader. I like Vaughny, hope I get an invite to the barbie..lols

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly think that the days when a forward pack that could all punish opponents with big hits are over. Between King, Vaughan, TPJ and Ava we have a good list of big boppers that can bend the line on most runs. Also have some offloads in that group. Just need our support ready to capitalise on the offloads to be dangerous.

Would be happy if we get Vaughan for a year or two more.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to NRL.com he played 59 mins. Im not bagging him, but its not exceptional. We won the game, yet the roosters were better in almost every stat from the game. Theres a lot to work on!
Minutes played by almost every player is down to the coach.

Baz is inadequate in many areas though his ability to use his bench is one of his biggest problems.

I think the likes of Vaughan though should be getting around the 65min mark. So 59min isn’t far off.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has earned it. He provides way more answers than problems. Looking at our current team sheet and picking them in order of MUST PLAY he is probably somewhere around the 4th to 6th player to get selected, after TPJ, JAC, and Burton, he is in a small group with Dufty and Thommo fighting for that 4th spot on the list.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes resign him. One year deal would be great, two year deal is stretching it abit though. I’m sure if gus is what everyone makes him on here, he will be able to do a deal with vaughan.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our 2nd best forward this year behind King. It'll be salary cap related whether we keep Vaughan or not. On peformance alone he's earned another contract. His metres gained/minute and post contact metres are right up there with the best forwards. Our forward pack in general has been very impressive.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I’d give him 2 years.

I still like Thommo, just wish we could have him on a more realistic price. I think he’s a quality forward. Not worth the 850k though.

Dufty still worries me. He’s come good last few weeks, but if he were to be extended, would that form them continue or fade off? I think the latter unfortunately…

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep, I’d give him 2 years.

I still like Thommo, just wish we could have him on a more realistic price. I think he’s a quality forward. Not worth the 850k though.

Dufty still worries me. He’s come good last few weeks, but if he were to be extended, would that form them continue or fade off? I think the latter unfortunately…
If we tough it out for another year (like we could of done with Cotric) there's a good chance we can extend/re-sign Thompson on a more realistic deal.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If we tough it out for another year (like we could of done with Cotric) there's a good chance we can extend/re-sign Thompson on a more realistic deal.
We can aim higher than luke Thompson. No resigning if we want to be legit.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We won the game, yet the roosters were better in almost every stat from the game. Theres a lot to work on!
Really?

Possession 50/50
Completion Rate 81/66
Line Breaks 3/2
Kicks 24/14
Kick Metres 728/324 (FMD!)
40/20 1/0
Bombs 5/3
Grubbers 5/3
Intercepts 1/0
Errors 10/18 (One that you don't want to win numerically)
Ruck Infringements 2/3
Inside 10 Metres 0/1 (FMD again, how can the Chooks the most off side team in the NRL only get penalised once)
We even numerically won the penalties conceded 7/3 (Again not unusual or unexpected with that ref)
Play the ball speed 3.44/2.79 (FMD, at that play the ball speed how the fark can Chooks only cop 3 ruck infringements)

Of course the most important stat to win = Score 16/12, the only stat that farkin matters.

Always a Bulldog