News Vaughan and Dufty off to England?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Patolo is 20 years old... he along with the other 20 year olds including Avo, Topine, Schoupp and BBO are keepers.
I like the look of Topine and Schoupp. I don't know if Patolo has shown the same hunger. I seems pretty laid back about it all. Happy to be proven wrong about him.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Hey,

I can't argue with that. You could add about half a dozen coaching staff to that list.
Yeah - that's a given re the coaching staff.

We have a pretty solid roster this year compared with last year, but we are playing as badly if not worse.

The common denominator ... the coach - also seems to have the wrong supports around him. Ferris or whatever his name is the fitness coach who looks about 30kg overweight. Can't help but think of better days when Billy Johnston was our fitness coach.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Brent read..Dufty and Vaughn are weighing up moves to England
thoughts?
Release them early, we need to free up salary cap space for younger, faster and better players.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty was NEVER EVER going to work out. I cried when we signed the clown. Can never understand how others here wanted him. At Saints, he dogged the big tackles, went missing in attack against the better sides AND had a dropped bomb in him. Just a poor buy….

Why are we linked to Paulo and in the same article on Fox they talk about Cobb having 5 suitors!?!? Why are we chasing him as a future Fullback!!!!

1 Cobb
2 JAC
3 Schoupp/ Kiraz / Alomati
4 Schoupp/ Kiraz / Alomati
5 Casey

Also there’s Creedance Toia

There’s a future there.

Last edited:

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Creedence Toia
2. Jacob Kiraz
3. Paul Alamoti
4. Aaron Schoupp
5. Josh Addo Carr (captain)
6. Matt Burton
7. Kyle Flanagan

8. Tevita Pangai Junior
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Angus Crichton
12. Villiame Kikau
13. Ryan Sutton

14. Bailey Biondi Odo
15. Jack Hetherington
16. Max King
17. Chris Patolo

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don’t care they are Dragons players at heart

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Vaughan will be a loss. He's virtually the only player that makes decent ground. You just need to look at last night - he made 156m compared to Thommo 99, TPJ 68, Stimson 45, King 42 and Patolo 8m. We wasted money on Sutton so we can't afford to re-sign him.
People will probably disagree with me but if it means keeping Vaughan, I'd offload Thompson and then fill his void by giving someone like J.Wallace or R.James a 1 year deal... I really hope the Sutton deal isn't done

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People will probably disagree with me but if it means keeping Vaughan, I'd offload Thompson and then fill his void by giving someone like J.Wallace or R.James a 1 year deal... I really hopthe Sutton deal isn't done
I reckon many would agree tbh. Vaughan mostly has better stats than Thompson, so far he’s just not proving to be NRL standard. Considering the super league cap is so low I doubt Thompson goes a day early because he’ll never earn the money he’s on with us.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
People will probably disagree with me but if it means keeping Vaughan, I'd offload Thompson and then fill his void by giving someone like J.Wallace or R.James a 1 year deal... I really hope the Sutton deal isn't done
Baz already hinted we've signed an Englishman, 99% it's Sutton.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like the look of Topine and Schoupp. I don't know if Patolo has shown the same hunger. I seems pretty laid back about it all. Happy to be proven wrong about him.
Surely he will come good.. Hewas an absolute beast coming through the grades so hopefully once he settles into firsts and gets some experience he can cement a spot. We are so due for a couple of young decent forwards.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi GrogDog,

We might have a laugh about what you said, but it is so true.

It's actually more than half - it's a very big issue that a number of our new recruits are not good enough so it is like we are having to rebuild our rebuild.

Of the players signed in the last few years, I think all these could be let go - Dufty, Vaughan (although he does put in), Naden, Waddle, Burns, Flanagan, Patolo and Thompson. A whole bunch of not so new players JMK, Wakeham, Averillo, Okunbur, Stinkson and probably Jackson (as great and loyal as he has been for our club) can join them
That's 14, many under contract. Gus sure has some phone calls to make. Gong to market trying to replace THIS MANY players, I don't know where you start. Do you go after Munster and develop the rest or raid juniors of other Clubs? Look at the difficulty the Dolphins are having securing talent. It just can't be done. Pick a couple of core first graders I guess, give them an offer they can't refuse and the backfill the rest.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So depressing the money we have wasted on shit forwards over the years
I think he'll do a job as a straight up and down prop but it all depends on what we've paid for him.