News Vaughan and Dufty off to England?

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Dufty was always average at best. His speed is the only asset that allows him to be rated average. Minus his speed and he drops significantly in what positives he offers a team.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs Meaney was better than Dufty before he joined...
Something has to be wrong. Dufty playing for his career on a one season deal and having the worst season of his career ??????. Doesn't make sense. Barrett has to have something to do with it. Naden, Burton, TPJ all gone downhill under Barrett.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Patolo is 20 years old... he along with the other 20 year olds including Avo, Topine, Schoupp and BBO are keepers.
Avadildo is tooo soft to keep. Need them rock hard.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dufty is a headcase who can't move past mistakes and continues repeating them. Fantastic that he is departing. Vaughan is a bloke who has ability but he is like so many other blokes in the nrl who get in the comfort zone and go through the motions. If we had a leadership group that drove standards in games he would be fine but we don't so he sits in his comfort zone in games. Watch Simms at storm next year and you will see him play his best season since he was at the cowboys because that club don't accept mediocrity.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now everyone i need yous to help me decide who we should resign and who we should not. This is crucial for 2023!

Matt Doorey, Matt Dufty, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Reece Hoffman, Tui Katoa, Joe Stimson, Jackson Topine, Paul Vaughan, Brandon Wakeham

OUT: RFM (no spot for him the forward pack), Brandon Wakeham (dont need him, we have Bailey Biondi Odo at 14 and Reed Mahoney at 9), Reece Hoffman (hes a centre and has no spot in the team) and Tui Katoa (the only position he can play is 5 and Addo Carr is our number 5) Joe STINKSON hasnt done anything for us since 2020 and is a shit second rower, we dont need him, im going to end it here!

In: Resign Vaughan (great experienced player), Matt Dufty (only had 1 bad game against the Knights), Jackson Topine (Great future ahead for him) and Matt Doorey (I honestly feel bad for him, had an ACL injury and trying his best and prove that he shoudl be resigned)!
Dufty has had way more than one bad game..he’s probably had 2 or 3 “good” games only

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn’t Vaughan sign a pretty low ball deal after the BBQ thing with the Dragons? If there are English clubs after him he could be looking for a upgrade which could make the decision easier for the club.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughan should be offered 2 years imo, players to go
Okonbor
Dufty
Jmk
Stimson
Doorey
And
Barrett
Fat ranger trainer
Furner

Malla

Reaction score
Vaughan has been great but I think he wants way more $$$ than what he’s on. Dufty on the other hand can go now

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought Dufty was a solid player for a decent price. He’s clearly had me fooled, was a lot better at saints than us. I’d persist with Vaughan if he wanted to stay for right price. Need Jacko to go as well though. How can roosters potentially ship off Keary, Crighton and JWH and we can’t say to a servant thanks but it’s time to head overseas
I was a fan of Dufty in previous years although I was aware of his defensive frailties.

The key difference between him at Dragons and us is that Dragons would routinely score 4 or 5 tries a game and so his errors were covered or offset abit. But in our team that scores only 1 - 3 tries max, every error is crucial whether it is Dufty or Waddell or Naden or JOK.

The problem isn't so much the errors, but the inability to score enough points to offset them.

Back to Dufty.... im disappointed he hasn't put his body on the line enough particularly since he is playing for an NRL contract.

Vaughan has been solid and most consistent player in our team. It doesn't look like we will be a free attacking tram anytime soon, so I wouldn't be against offering him a deal for around 600k

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Done with Dufty… his effort areas in his game is incredibly frustrating to watch.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Avadildo is tooo soft to keep. Need them rock hard.
Might aswell see if his balls drop.. blokes like Barba and Meaney showed u can get ballzier to a certain degree..

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taane Milne will be 28 when he joins us no way we are signiong him hes gonna be to old. I dont see why paulo is a bad players hes a really good winger?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Taane Milne will be 28 when he joins us no way we are signiong him hes gonna be to old. I dont see why paulo is a bad players hes a really good winger?
Paulo is mid and is no more then a fringe first grader. Signing him will have no impact at all. It is like for like. No point in even discussing him