News Vaughan and Dufty off to England?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dufty not good enough for the NRL, Vaughan needs to be moved on for salary cap reasons.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes happy about Dufty leaving and Vaughan has been ok but we need to get rid of all the deadwood first
A lot of the deadwood contracted beyond this year are going to be difficult to move on (let them rot in reserves imo). We need to raise funs to get back into the market for next year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The second part about the club being keen on Jaxson Paulo from Souths is more concerning.

He is garbage and no better than the garbage we have stockpiled already.
Very average but "potential" because he's young. We've had enough of these types of players surely.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
dufty can go Vaughan however hasn’t been to bad an extra year would be beneficial to us. Thing is who replaces dufty that’s my question.
We need his ~400k cap space to get into the market. TPJ has to play middle. King good value. Sutton also coming. Thompson's going to be difficult to be moved on but he also has to go imo.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Depends on how much Vaughan wants. Dufty is trash and good riddance. We need to move on Thompson and Jackson and get a real 7 and 1. I don't care how it's done, it just needs to be done
and/or a quality ball playing lock.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thought Dufty was a solid player for a decent price. He’s clearly had me fooled, was a lot better at saints than us. I’d persist with Vaughan if he wanted to stay for right price. Need Jacko to go as well though. How can roosters potentially ship off Keary, Crighton and JWH and we can’t say to a servant thanks but it’s time to head overseas

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Hopefully they can talk half the club into going with them. Seeya lads!
Hi GrogDog,

We might have a laugh about what you said, but it is so true.

It's actually more than half - it's a very big issue that a number of our new recruits are not good enough so it is like we are having to rebuild our rebuild.

Of the players signed in the last few years, I think all these could be let go - Dufty, Vaughan (although he does put in), Naden, Waddle, Burns, Flanagan, Patolo and Thompson. A whole bunch of not so new players JMK, Wakeham, Averillo, Okunbur, Stinkson and probably Jackson (as great and loyal as he has been for our club) can join them

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hi GrogDog,

It's actually more than half - it's a very big issue that a number of our new recruits are not good enough so it is like we are having to rebuild our rebuild.

Of the players signed in the last few years, I think all these could be let go - Dufty, Vaughan (although he does put in), Naden, Waddle, Burns, Flanagan, Patolo and Thompson. A whole bunch of not so new players JMK, Wakeham, Averillo, Okunbur, Stinkson and probably Jackson (as great and loyal as he has been for our club) can join them
Hey,

I can't argue with that. You could add about half a dozen coaching staff to that list.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi GrogDog,

Patolo is 20 years old... he along with the other 20 year olds including Avo, Topine, Schoupp and BBO are keepers.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Duffty is terrible. He's already reached his ceiling. It's England or NSW cup for him.