News Vaughan and Dufty off to England?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Vaughan will be a loss. He's virtually the only player that makes decent ground. You just need to look at last night - he made 156m compared to Thommo 99, TPJ 68, Stimson 45, King 42 and Patolo 8m. We wasted money on Sutton so we can't afford to re-sign him.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughan is a must... release Jackson to anywhere, and retain Vaughan.

Disappointment Dufty (as I shall now call him) needs to pull his finger out. If he can't perform and deal with the physicalities of Rugby League, then he needs to be released and taking up knitting.

I honestly can't see any other club here or overseas signing him if they watch him this season in defence.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughan will be a loss. He's virtually the only player that makes decent ground. You just need to look at last night - he made 156m compared to Thommo 99, TPJ 68, Stimson 45, King 42 and Patolo 8m. We wasted money on Sutton so we can't afford to re-sign him.
Dumbfucks on here think vaughn is deadwood... he is tge best forward we have had in the last 5 years.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs went through a serious roster overhaul heading into 2022 but could be looking at another shake-up if this year’s results are anything to go by.

Canterbury-Bankstown sit last on the ladder with just two wins and two new recruits could already be out the door at the end of the year.

That is according to veteran rugby league reporter Brent Read, who revealed both Matt Dufty and Paul Vaughan are being pursued by Super League clubs.

The overseas interest in Dufty has been known for a few weeks now but it seems he will not be the only Bulldog looking at a move overseas.

“Matt Dufty is on the radar of Warrington,” Read said on Triple M.

“They have had a couple of chats with him. I spoke to his manager Clint Schifcofske this morning. There is a good chance he will be in the Super League next year. He hasn’t got an offer on the table from the Dogs.

Matt Dufty is unlikely to be offered a new deal. (Photo by Jason McCawley/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images

“I think Clint thinks it will be a good move, he will thrive over there. They have had a couple of conversations so I think it will move pretty quickly.

“Paul Vaughan is another guy who doesn’t have a contract at the end of this year. Again, he doesn’t have a place to go in the NRL and Wigan is looking at him so he may be in the Super League next year alongside Matt Dufty. A bloke playing good football and he’d thrive over there.”

Read suggested Dufty’s exit could see Josh Addo-Carr to fullback, adding that the former Storm flyer could be thrust into the role as early as next week.

That is after Trent Barrett said on Friday that he wants to see Addo-Carr get his hands on the ball more.

There could be another change in the outside backs next year too, with Read revealing the Bulldogs also have a versatile Rabbitoh (Jaxson Paulo) “on their radar”.

“There is a bit of mail doing the rounds that the Dogs are interested in signing Jaxson Paulo,” Read said.

“I think they’ve had some talks. They haven’t progressed at this stage to the point where he has signed but they’re looking at him and he is on their radar.”

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughn has been excellent - Dufty unfortunately has proved to be a liability in defence. There has been some putrid efforts this season from him. Actually I wouldn't even say he has put in an effort in defence in a few occasions.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughan should be resigned for 2-3 more years. Move Thomspon back to the Super League with Ryan Sutton joining.

8. Tevita Pangai Junior
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Angus Crichton or Ryan Matterson (Not Confirmed) I think Angus is a great ball runner and attacks the line hard.
12. Villiame Kikau
13. Ryan Sutton or Max King (could be bench)

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't even know if the Fox can pass or set up plays from fullback but after yesterday I really hope we give him a shot next week as the article indicates. Can't be worse than Dufty and Dufty can't be allowed to play 1st grade after that performance so we need a new fullback next week anyway.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogs offering Dufty a contract is as likely as me banging Jada Stevens and Alexis Texas later tonight

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah… let’s go after another hack that can’t make 1st grade weekly at Souths ffs!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah no point persisting with players that are playing shit and won't be here next year (or the year after). I wouldn't mind JAC at fullback, otherwise Averillo or Toia. We need another winger if JAC's moving to fullback, but not sure about Paulo being it.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is just something i FEEL THAT IS MISSING AT THE CLUB. WE HAVE POSSIBLY THE LINEUP FOR 2023 BUT I FEEL LIKE THERE IS SOMETHING MISSING!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Vaughan should be resigned for 2-3 more years. Move Thomspon back to the Super League with Ryan Sutton joining.

8. Tevita Pangai Junior
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Angus Crichton or Ryan Matterson (Not Confirmed) I think Angus is a great ball runner and attacks the line hard.
12. Villiame Kikau
13. Ryan Sutton or Max King (could be bench)
moving Thompson on isn't a sure thing and we can't wait around doing so because it'll cost us signing a quality player for next year BUT both Vaughan and Thompson need to go (for different reasons) imo.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Angus Crichton and Villiame Kikau in the second rows would be an absolute nightmare for the whole NRL!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There is just something i FEEL THAT IS MISSING AT THE CLUB. WE HAVE POSSIBLY THE LINEUP FOR 2023 BUT I FEEL LIKE THERE IS SOMETHING MISSING!
ball playing lock, fullback and halfback, expensive to fix (and that's even if the players are "available")

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters have confirmed Angus Crichton will not be resigned and will be without a club for 2023...