Vandals go nuts in Quarry

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
VANDALS have hot-wired a front-end loader and run amok in a Perth quarry, upending massive earthmoving equipment and dumping an excavator in a lake.

Police say the damage bill will amount to almost $3 million for recovery, loss of equipment and down time at the massive Cockburn Cement quarry south of Perth.

Detective Andrew Broadley said the mayhem was caused by one or more people sometime between Saturday afternoon and 5.30am (WST) today.

"They have broken into a front-end loader and hot-wired it, they have driven that to a couple of different locations in the quarry and used that to upturn pieces of heavy machinery," he said.

"They have broken into other front end loaders and stolen radio equipment they have then driven a front-end loader and an excavator, which they have hot-wired, to a lake within the quarry.

"What appears to have happened is they have used the front-end loader to upturn the excavator so it has ended up submerged in the lake, then driven the front-end loader into the lake and left it half submerged with its engine running."

He said the damage could have been done by one person but it was likely that at least two were involved, possibly people accustomed to using big machines.

At first i thought this was Sarah cause she wanted to get out of work;)
But it is in Perth so i doubt it

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This reminds me of Wildiest Police Videos last week, and someone stole a tank and was basically running a muck

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A Tank, jesus!
Why a Tank, it's not like you can get away with it, Tanks are huge

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was a drunk army guy

It was hilarious, basically the cops couldnt do anything. The guy was running over cars and smashing them, and the police chasing behind him at 15 kph

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
so they caught him eventually i guess, he would have been in deep doodoo

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
lol, aah not much crunched a few cars in a tank, lol

Drummer_boy05

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, yea stopped LA for a few hours and caused millions of dollars worth of damage!
Enough about me tho, what u get up to? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.