deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Very sad news. RIP Izzy.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not long after I joined the Kennel I recall Izzy posting that he was ill and that the experts had told him that he would be at the turnstiles about october, didn't know what to make of it then, perhaps didn't want to know what he meant. I never new him but am very sad for him and his family, our club should show some appreciation to his family for such a great supporter.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad news..
Does anyone have a photo of him?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So saddened to hear of the passing of Izzy. Such a character . Enjoyed his banter and especially his outlook on things considering what he was going through. I vividly remember the post in which he vented long and hard about his disillusionment with the game of footy in which he also revealed just how ill he really was. Given six months so he " sacked" the bearer of that news.

I would like to send my condolences to his family and friends at this time; know that we do share your pain and be assured that he will always have a place here on the kennel and within our hearts.

Mark Twain ( even though he preceded Izzy by quite a few years) had it right...

" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog" That says it all about Izzy right up until the end.

I am just sorry that the Dogs could not bring on home a premiership for him over the last few years.

Rest well friend, rest peacefully. :(:(

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My heart felt condolences to the family.

@Bad Billy was right. Sadly as years go by he won't be the last.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. My thoughts go out to family and friends.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
R.I.P. Izzy Forreal (probably the best name on here tbh). You were a soldier to battle for 5 and a half years mate, true Bulldog spirit right there! Rest in Peace Izzy

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
RIP bro. Had no idea you were sick bro.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man, this hit me hard. My heart feels heavy.

Just appreciate friends and family while you can, don't sweat the small stuff.

I'm sure you all helped him out with his battle like you guys do with mine.

Thank you.
Hope you're doing OK.
Something like this is just bloody unjust.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember Izzy was one of the first memorable avatars I saw on here.. Loved it because we were chasing Izzy Folau at the time I joined.

I had that 'last post' thread in the back of mind..and everytime I saw his posts I'd breathe a little sigh of relief and joy that he's getting through this..

I have a lot of respect for this guys genuine and dignified attitude on here even when he was more than entitled to hate the injustice of fucking cancer .

He battled it out with such dignity and has been inspirational to many I'm sure.

RIP Izzy I honestly thought you would've beaten it.
Wish I could've told you this last week :disrelieved:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rest in peace, Izzy. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and I hope you're at peace now.

Izzy was one of those "underrated" members who everyone loved and respected. He wasn't a big mouth, smart ass like me.

Izzy was kind enough and strong enough to share his story with us and I was always amazed how he used to brush off his pain and talk about his passion for the Bulldogs.

His passion was on display for everyone to see and it will be missed. I haven't been on here for a while but time to time I always pop in and read what's going on with the Bulldogs and Izzy was one of those posters I'd always pay attention to.

My heart bleeds for his family and there's nothing I can say to take their pain away but just know that you will always have his memory and no one can ever take that away from you. He will always be alive as long as you love him. While sometimes it can hurt when you think of him, those tears dry up but the smile does not.

Rest in peace, our brother. You've earned your rest. Heaven has a new Bulldog.

-Andrew.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rest in peace, Izzy. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and I hope you're at peace now.

Izzy was one of those "underrated" members who everyone loved and respected. He wasn't a big mouth, smart ass like me.

Izzy was kind enough and strong enough to share his story with us and I was always amazed how he used to brush off his pain and talk about his passion for the Bulldogs.

His passion was on display for everyone to see and it will be missed. I haven't been on here for a while but time to time I always pop in and read what's going on with the Bulldogs and Izzy was one of those posters I'd always pay attention to.

My heart bleeds for his family and there's nothing I can say to take their pain away but just know that you will always have his memory and no one can ever take that away from you. He will always be alive as long as you love him. While sometimes it can hurt when you think of him, those tears dry up but the smile does not.

Rest in peace, our brother. You've earned your rest. Heaven has a new Bulldog.

-Andrew.
That's just amazing. You have a real gift with words

Reactions: K E

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Terrible loss for our Bulldogs Family and community. Condolences to all his family and friends :(

RIP mate - cheer on your beloved Bulldogs on from the clouds above.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Reading this for the first time this morning and my body went numb. Im sorry to hear this terrible news. My condolences to his family and friends :(

May you rest in peace sir Izzy.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
R.I.P

So glad he fought long enough to see the change happening and he would have passed with hope in his heart for the future of the mighty Bulldogs.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Izzy was a great poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.