Premium Member
Reaction score
Another little ID card for the wallet.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me? Yes

In general? No

I'm fine for vaccine passports for certain things. For example, health care workers, schools, childcare, etc. And for pubs, flights, etc, as long as they are set by each business.

As stupid as I think it is to avoid vaccination, I don't think the government should tell unvaccinated people that they're not allowed to drink at a pub.
I don't normally believe in conspiracies but pretty sure the vaccination program people are only leading us to believe that privileges will be denied to the unvaccinated so that most will be vaccinated. There's always 10% won't come to the party , there's like 50% that won't go if they don't have to and then there's the procrastinators and stuff.. Fear is still the best way to control the masses

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why would any smart businessperson decrease their customer base by only letting vaxxed people in?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"Passport" is perhaps a misleading term. It implies a very black and white approach. Countries may or may not require evidence of vaccination before letting foreigners in, that is their right. Outside of that context, the term passport isn't a good one.

Once again this all boils down to policy making around community health. There are laws for all kinds of things predominantly because of community health concerns, drink driving, speeding, seatbelts, medical biohazard practices, working hours, childhood education, and on and on. The issue here is that both the effects of vaccination and the problem it addresses are relatively invisible. People get that being intoxicated effects your driving and that being run over by a car is bad for your health, both are very visible.

Those who appeal to concepts of freedom and rights need to acknowledge that in terms of laws and requirements around community health, no one is technically "free", and that the motive for the laws and requirements that are in place are protection of rights, the right not to get killed or maimed by a drunk driver, for example.

So while there won't end up being a black and white "us and them" with the vaccinated sipping champagne in ivory towers while the unvaccinated toil in salt mine gulags, it can be expected that there will be some things being vaccinated will allow one to do for a period of time, that period of time being when Covid is not putting pressure on the health system (which is why they will at some point switch from emphasising case numbers to emphasising hospitalisations and deaths).

Anyone who is unhappy with any policies around community health should be writing to their member, or forming a class action lawsuit, or running for government. Anyone trying to paint current policy as a deliberate effort to "us and them" the community has no idea, references to yellow stars and such are particularly ignorant. People in this country really have no idea how fortunate and free they are. Some of the stuff that has been said about government on this forum was enough for Stalin to send people to forced labour camps, or to execute them. All those people who turned up to the anti-mask rally? In most nation states in most of history many of them would have been killed.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would any smart businessperson decrease their customer base by only letting vaxxed people in?
Other countries will require you to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter, airlines, cruise companies, bus companies, business chains and they'll be taking advice from the health and medical experts. They'll be owner/operators who go full circle and refuse vaccinated people, but the majority of smart business people will follow the expert advice.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Usually the social media outrage on things buisness shit themselves and buckle on this case though it will have an opposite effect, 1 outrage on twitter will trigger the vaccinated to support that buisness more so ,
As I said the other day old man laundy ain't stupid he knows 100 vaxxed people pressing pokies is worth more than 10 anti-vax on twitter same rules apply for most business. My little Cafe/pub is gearing up to reopen majority of its customers a vaccinated and itching to go and being a small venue most people are going to be more comfortable knowing all is vaccinated, the few outraged won't make up for what people are hanging out to do and eager to get back to their favourite restaurants pubs and clubs , places like Byron may be a bit different but.wrong or right for a while anti-vaxxers won't have a leg to stand on .we are 81% single dosed now and will slowly climb in the next month

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
there is no need for vaccine passports because once we get to 80% vaccination the covid will be killed off

thats unless the vaccine was false advertising
Evidence please…..

Ya tap 80% of the stupid population on the head
Ya still tuna have 20% stupid people and then they breed
Bit like a virus…

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't normally believe in conspiracies but pretty sure the vaccination program people are only leading us to believe that privileges will be denied to the unvaccinated so that most will be vaccinated. There's always 10% won't come to the party , there's like 50% that won't go if they don't have to and then there's the procrastinators and stuff.. Fear is still the best way to control the masses
Yeah. I spent some time discussing it with solicitor friends and generally what they said is that there's a fair bit of grey area but that it generally comes down to constitutional law and emergency law. Basically put, as we're in a state of emergency then the government can force bars and other venues to refuse to serve someone if they aren't vaccinated, but when state of emergency laws expire then it's up to the business.

It's not covered under discrimination as non-vaccinated can pose a risk, but apparently the government won't be able to force the law after state of emergency expires. So basically if a pub says that they're happy to accept non-vaccinated people then the government can't do anything (unless they declare another state of emergency)

But that could change if it's taken to court.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It depends on the fear effect. If people are scared enough then they'll only go out to places that have a policy to only allow vaccinated people in. So they'll probably lose customers any way, it just depends which policy will lose more customers.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Depends on which is greater, the number of unvaxxed people who would want to be customers of that business, or the number of vaxxed people who wouldn't want to be customers of that business if there are likely to be unvaxxed people there.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
you said that only the unvaccinated will be the ones that get it and then pass it to their little unvaccinated party

sorry i must have not understood what you meant because i thought you meant that only the unvaccinated will be the ones that get it and then pass it to their little unvaccinated party, by it i thought you meant covid
Both can get it, Vaccinated are far less contagious, thus the reason to get the jab as your less likely to pass it on.

that is why i have received both, my mother is in her mid 70's so if she gets it she's high risk, but not as much now because she has had both jabs also

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We'll be 85%+ vaxxed by end of year easy.

Let 85 people spend their money in your business (which pays for your family to eat) or cater for the 15 and risk losing it all?
Bleeding hearts will avoid businesses that push segregation.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone else think this is just a ploy to vax people quicker?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they come out and ban segregation at the 11th hour. I think that's why they are saying it's up to the businesses now but will come out with a "change of heart".

If it does happen, bravo! Even though it is deception, one of the smartest moves by the crooks.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone else think this is just a ploy to vax people quicker?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they come out and ban segregation at the 11th hour. I think that's why they are saying it's up to the businesses now but will come out with a "change of heart".

If it does happen, bravo! Even though it is deception, one of the smartest moves by the crooks.
This is undoubtedly a factor.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Evidence please…..

Ya tap 80% of the stupid population on the head
Ya still tuna have 20% stupid people and then they breed
Bit like a virus…
herd immunity was a word that everyone used to describe enough people getting vaccinated so the virus was staved off and ended, dumb previous explanations by misinformation spreaders on the kennel suggesting how the virus could continue is just explaining what happens 1 step before it dies and were just trying to prove me wrong

its like me arguing that hitting the brakes will stop the car, then some asshole comes in splitting hairs says he can have his foot on the brakes but the car can still roll on, not explaining that the eventually the car will stop

bill gates explaining it will even take less people to make it happen, 60% and by the end of 2021, the delta happened and the only way the vaccine doesn't do its job is thats its a flop and overrated

watch around 4:40 for the relevant parts, you too @south of heaven

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is there going to be vaxxed and non vaxxed sections in pubs, clubs and restaurants?

Separate bubblers? Non-vaxxed sitting at the back of buses?

I say this in jest but who the fuck knows in this fucked up world today...