Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Can you repeat the question?

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Following on from Assassin's poll on getting the jab voluntarily, I'm curious on the thoughts of others re any proposed "vaccine passport". I'm talking domestically here (so we can go interstate, go to concerts etc), as opposed to needing one for international travel.

I must admit initially i was 100% all for it. My family is vaccinated and why shouldn't we be able to do shit now that we are (notwithstanding there are few domestic restrictions where I live *currently*)? But lately, thinking of the practicalities and potential downsides i'm now not so sure.

Is it a great way to allow those who are vaccinated to get on with their lives, lead to higher vaccination rates and a healthier society, or is it a divisive way for the government to again control how we live and completely unnecessary? Is it somewhere in between? How long will we need them? Do you feel sorry for the poor people working in retail, hospo etc who will have to be the gatekeepers and cop the subsequent abuse? What are the other genuine issues regarding vax passports?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if they bring this in then at least people will know how black people felt in america 100 years ago

there is no need for it except to reward vaccinated people or to protect unvaccinated people from themselves, but then if you do that then you should ban smoking or suntanning etc

its not to protect vaccinated people because they can still receive the virus from other vaccinated people anyway

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For me? Yes

In general? No

I'm fine for vaccine passports for certain things. For example, health care workers, schools, childcare, etc. And for pubs, flights, etc, as long as they are set by each business.

As stupid as I think it is to avoid vaccination, I don't think the government should tell unvaccinated people that they're not allowed to drink at a pub.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if they bring this in then at least people will know how black people felt in america 100 years ago

there is no need for it except to reward vaccinated people or to protect unvaccinated people from themselves, but then if you do that then you should ban smoking or suntanning etc

its not to protect vaccinated people because they can still receive the virus from other vaccinated people anyway
African Americans suffered persecution for about 400 plus years. And trying to draw comparisons to today’s events is just plain stupid and ignorant.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
African Americans suffered persecution for about 400 plus years. And trying to draw comparisons to today’s events is just plain stupid and ignorant.
no i meant the ones in the last century who just had to put up with pariah status and being 2nd class citizens

if they make unvaccinated people sit at the back of the bus then it would be symbolic

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
maybe they can incorporate the genderless bathroom plan and make the new free bathroom the one for unvaccinated people

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Could they not just incorporate it to your Driver's Licence and/or Passport somehow?

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Vaccine passport starts off with the initial jabs then you’ll have to get a booster every 6 months with every new strand to get the passport updated.. if it’s not updated you will be refused entry to places like an unvaccinated person meanwhile the amazing immune system that you’ve be born with gets weaker, the pharmaceutical companies get richer and all your god given rights as a free human being start getting taken away piece by piece by paid off politicians who couldn’t give a shit if you’ve lost your employment, business or the house you live in. And do not think for a second channel 9,7,10 SBS and ABC care about the average Joe struggling to pay bills.. they don’t.. they profit off your your fear.. when we fear we watch the news hoping for good news.
Do your research, use Duck Duck Go as you search engine and check out the TGA government website for adverse affects to the vaccine.. it clearly states over 52000 adverse effects and over 400 deaths.. check it out for yourself.
Dog for life

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m a no even Tho does not affect me getting into places as double Vaxxed and will take the boosters when available .

however , vaccine passport I don’t want implemented , just like this QR code system , they will not remove it, even with having no need of it anymore (plus you have police trying to access records, when they intoduced It they stated Implicity only health would access)

We live in a democracy not communist China , that we essentially have to have a licence to live our every day life. What also stops them adding other conditions (or situations ) to the passport so you can go anywhere. People are sick of lockdowns and are currently thinking if it Allows them to leave the house then they are all for it but it is unnecessary and dangerous control over our lives that we will have given the government who have shown they can shut us in our houses.

I don’t see the need for the vaccine passport. We will hit 80% of over 16 plus and by all indications we will hit 85-90% vaxx rates. At those rates there should be no need to monitor who goes into what venue (also should add since children can’t get vaxxed and they do get it and can pass it on they will be able enter wherever and pass it on anyway ). Seems to me that it is being used as a punishment tool rather than a tool for safety .

My other rant is with QR code’s itself , if we open up fully to vaxxed people only and there are outbreaks it will be widespread and as we have seen with the latest outbreaks they couldn’t contact trace properly anyway , they stopped reporting and when they did it was up to 5 days old which didn’t stop the spread. Thus having everyone use QR check check-in system is redundant.

ffs at a local development in my area which has an attached park and bbq area there is QR check in sheet , they have not limited this QR system to indoor venues but even to outdoor spaces. If that is not China or North Korea next level shit for surveillance I don’t know what is

rant over

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m a no even Tho does not affect me getting into places as double Vaxxed and will take the boosters when available .

however , vaccine passport I don’t want implemented , just like this QR code system , they will not remove it, even with having no need of it anymore (plus you have police trying to access records, when they intoduced It they stated Implicity only health would access)

We live in a democracy not communist China , that we essentially have to have a licence to live our every day life. What also stops them adding other conditions (or situations ) to the passport so you can go anywhere. People are sick of lockdowns and are currently thinking if it Allows them to leave the house then they are all for it but it is unnecessary and dangerous control over our lives that we will have given the government who have shown they can shut us in our houses.

I don’t see the need for the vaccine passport. We will hit 80% of over 16 plus and by all indications we will hit 85-90% vaxx rates. At those rates there should be no need to monitor who goes into what venue (also should add since children can’t get vaxxed and they do get it and can pass it on they will be able enter wherever and pass it on anyway ). Seems to me that it is being used as a punishment tool rather than a tool for safety .

My other rant is with QR code’s itself , if we open up fully to vaxxed people only and there are outbreaks it will be widespread and as we have seen with the latest outbreaks they couldn’t contact trace properly anyway , they stopped reporting and when they did it was up to 5 days old which didn’t stop the spread. Thus having everyone use QR check check-in system is redundant.

ffs at a local development in my area which has an attached park and bbq area there is QR check in sheet , they have not limited this QR system to indoor venues but even to outdoor spaces. If that is not China or North Korea next level shit for surveillance I don’t know what is

rant over
After starting to use the QR codes I was getting so many spam callers. My phone didn’t ring for them so I didn’t care much but I changed my number (Telstra issue) without updating service NSW and haven’t had a single spam caller in months

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All this will do is lead to discrimination. Let the Heard get their vaccines and let EVERYONE start living again.

PS: This is coming from someone pro-vaccine.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
I think it should come down to the business owner. Where it becomes an issue is where someone who can't be vaccinated due to underlying health issues might pick up the virus off someone unvaccinated.

I think being employed if your not vaccinated is going to be hard especially if you have contact with other people..