• I don't know

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Can you repeat the question?

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I'm struggling to find where your claim is "advertised" too.

Not saying it doesn't exist. I also just want to know who said it and when.

If you remember or have the link. Please share
herd immunity is when enough people have been vaccinated or previously suffered covid, so the spread of the virus is stopped

now because the virus can't survive outside a body for long then that means it dies, stops functioning, ends, finishes, sayonara etc

you explain to me how its not going to die in those circumstances? are you for real you don't understand this concept?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe can you help me out and explain to this clown that herd immunity means the virus will have nowhere to go and die and that our 70-80% vaccination targets were our herd immunity goals
That's not how herd immunity works. Herd immunity reduces the risk to those who are greater risk (those who can't get vaccinated, immuno-compromised, very old, lots of underlying health conditions)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
herd immunity is when enough people have been vaccinated or previously suffered covid, so the spread of the virus is stopped

now because the virus can't survive outside a body for long then that means it dies, stops functioning, ends, finishes, sayonara etc

you explain to me how its not going to die in those circumstances? are you for real you don't understand this concept?
You're getting herd immunity and virus eradication mixed up. Virus eradication is when you vaccinate the vast majority of the population, and the virus can't live in vaccinated. For example, when the WHO wiped out small pox.

Viruses like Covid-19, Flu, etc, don't get eradicated. Herd immunity is used to reduce the chance that high risk people get infected. But it doesn't eradicate the virus.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
That's not how herd immunity works. Herd immunity reduces the risk to those who are greater risk (those who can't get vaccinated, immuno-compromised, very old, lots of underlying health conditions)
by creating a buffer and stopping the virus, what has people at greater risk got to do with anything? lets just swap them with healthy people who just choose to be unvaccinated, it protects them by stopping the virus

once again this proves the Rodzilla is talking about the truth of a matter and the opposite side are just pissers who are splitting hairs because i embarrassed them in the past

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
You're getting herd immunity and virus eradication mixed up. Virus eradication is when you vaccinate the vast majority of the population, and the virus can't live in vaccinated. For example, when the WHO wiped out small pox.

Viruses like Covid-19, Flu, etc, don't get eradicated. Herd immunity is used to reduce the chance that high risk people get infected. But it doesn't eradicate the virus.
so what happens to the virus when the vast majority of people get vaccination and the virus runs out of options? does it live on? can this virus survive outside the body?

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
so what happens to the virus when the vast majority of people get vaccination and the virus runs out of options? does it live on? can this virus survive outside the body?
It mutates

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
by creating a buffer and stopping the virus, what has people at greater risk got to do with anything? lets just swap them with healthy people who just choose to be unvaccinated, it protects them by stopping the virus

once again this proves the Rodzilla is talking about the truth of a matter and the opposite side are just pissers who are splitting hairs because i embarrassed them in the past
I'm not sure if you just fail to grasp simple concepts or if you just refuse to let yourself understand them.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you read what I wrote?

These viruses don't get eradicated because:

1) they can survive in vaccinated people. A much reduced capacity and for a much reduced time, but they still can survive and be transmitted

2) viruses mutate and can develop resistance

3) not everyone gets vaccinated. Herd immunity is based on how infectious a virus is. For something as infectious as Covid-19-Delta you need at least 95% vaccinated for full herd immunity. That will never happen because not everyone can get vaccinated and people keep pushing fake information which causes vaccine hesitancy

If you really want to wipe out the virus, vaccinate everyone and lock everyone in individual rooms for a few weeks. But that's obviously not plausible.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you just fail to grasp simple concepts or if you just refuse to let yourself understand them.
you are the retard who is trying to redefine something, "Herd immunity reduces the risk to those who are greater risk (those who can't get vaccinated, immuno-compromised, very old, lots of underlying health conditions)"

what a moron, herd immunity is simply when enough people have attained protection against a virus to stop its spread, its got nothing to do with protecting people at greater risk, thats just something that comes from vaccination

in 2020 before the vaccines herd immunity meant just letting enough people getting infected with coronavirus, this is not a good way to reduce risk of those at greater risk

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Did you read what I wrote?

These viruses don't get eradicated because:

1) they can survive in vaccinated people. A much reduced capacity and for a much reduced time, but they still can survive and be transmitted

2) viruses mutate and can develop resistance

3) not everyone gets vaccinated. Herd immunity is based on how infectious a virus is. For something as infectious as Covid-19-Delta you need at least 95% vaccinated for full herd immunity. That will never happen because not everyone can get vaccinated and people keep pushing fake information which causes vaccine hesitancy

If you really want to wipe out the virus, vaccinate everyone and lock everyone in individual rooms for a few weeks. But that's obviously not plausible.
1) then they have to survive again next time

2) viruses also vanish and are never to be heard from again

3) if they find someone unvaccinated then it just means one less person to find next time

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
you are the retard who is trying to redefine something, "Herd immunity reduces the risk to those who are greater risk (those who can't get vaccinated, immuno-compromised, very old, lots of underlying health conditions)"

what a moron, herd immunity is simply when enough people have attained protection against a virus to stop its spread, its got nothing to do with protecting people at greater risk, thats just something that comes from vaccination

in 2020 before the vaccines herd immunity meant just letting enough people getting infected with coronavirus, this is not a good way to reduce risk of those at greater risk
I'm now 99% convinced you are a troll because it's literally impossible for anyone to be as stupid as you.

Go fuck yourself Rod. You're just a prick who enjoys spreading misinformation. I'm pretty sure you don't even believe Ivermectin does anything. You just enjoy people suffering and dying because you're a child who has nothing better to do.

You're an absolute waste of oxygen and I'm not going to waste my time with your rubbish.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I'm now 99% convinced you are a troll because it's literally impossible for anyone to be as stupid as you.

Go fuck yourself Rod. You're just a prick who enjoys spreading misinformation. I'm pretty sure you don't even believe Ivermectin does anything. You just enjoy people suffering and dying because you're a child who has nothing better to do.

You're an absolute waste of oxygen and I'm not going to waste my time with your rubbish.
im the one spreading misinformation? you are the one who said 50,000-250,000 australians will die, you said counting outcomes inverted in a study wouldn't effect the results, you are now saying herd immunity is not when enough people are protected against a virus to stop its spread

im the one talking truth and you are the one in disneyland talking shit

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
im the one spreading misinformation? you are the one who said 50,000-250,000 australians will die, you said counting outcomes inverted in a study wouldn't effect the results, you are now saying herd immunity is not when enough people are protected against a virus to stop its spread

im the one talking truth and you are the one in disneyland talking shit
Fuck off you bottom feeding scum

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Fuck off you bottom feeding scum
im not the one wanting covid to continue so you can see people suffering and dying

you are the piece of shit that said hopefully people who choose to be unvaccinated die

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Got that link to your claim yet champ?
no i was wrong, hacky mcaxe is the decider of the kennel and he decided that herd immunity is simply to reduce risk to people at greater risk

sorry for the inconvenience

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i thought that when they were talking about herd immunity, like 70%-95% they were talking about the level of people needed to be protected to stop the virus

and when the virus was stopped i assumed that meant it was stopped and its over