News US policing Controversy

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Imag

Imagine if Wendog had a gun. Guaranteed that would be the last time those dudes cause her issues online lol
There’d definitely be blokes leaving the pub on time. No more of this, just one more business......

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't have any answers on rape but this Consent Campaign makes sense in a lot of ways.

One thing I have always had huge angst about is just how many rapists are actually out there and do normal everyday men just seize the moment if it arises no matter the situation?

I'll describe what women go through.

We can't walk down the street at night alone. We live with this fear every day. We have to plan our days around not getting ourselves into vulnerable situations.

We have to lock our doors at home when alone.

Our daughter left to do a night Uni course in Brisbane. Each day she got the train to her friends house but had to walk from the station to the house. A half hour walk.

My husband and I were terrified and begged her not to walk home alone at night. She couldnt afford the taxi fare. So we deposited extra funds for her to get taxis.

So what I want to know is how can this fear be so prevalent?

A woman walks down the street alone at night and feels like there's 100% chance they are going to be attacked. This is how virtually every single women in Australia feels. There's something very wrong if 50% of the population feel its unsafe to be out alone after dark.

If they are attacked, were they just unlucky? That one predator in their suburb just happened to be driving by or hanging around in their balaklava as they walked by?

It's not good.

I dont mean to imply in any way that there's hoards of deviates out there. Every single bloke I know is a thorough gentlemen but still this problem persists in Australia.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't have any answers on rape but this Consent Campaign makes sense in a lot of ways.

One thing I have always had huge angst about is just how many rapists are actually out there and do normal everyday men just seize the moment if it arises no matter the situation?

We can't walk down the street at night alone. We live with this fear every day. We have to plan our days around not getting ourselves into vulnerable situations.

Our daughter left to do a night Uni course in Brisbane. Each day she got the train to her friends house but had to walk from the station to the house. A half hour walk.

My husband and I were terrified and begged her not to walk home alone at night. She couldnt afford the taxi fare. So we deposited extra funds for her to get taxis.

A woman walks down the street alone at night and feels like there's 100% chance they are going to be attacked. This is how virtually every single women in Australia feels. There's something very wrong if 50% of the population feel its unsafe to be out alone after dark.

If they are attacked, were they just unlucky? That one predator in their suburb just happened to be driving by or hanging around in their balaklava as they walked by?

It's not good.

I dont mean to imply in any way that there's hoards of deviates out there. Every single bloke I know is a thorough gentlemen but still this problem persists in Australia.
Personally I’ve had my penis and butt groped without my consent more times than I care to remember. I’ve always wondered how hard cops would laugh if I rocked up and claimed sexual assault.

I hope no girl feels scared walking down a street, but if it’s any constellation, Australia is possibly one of the safest Places in the world to be a woman right now (and at any time in human history).

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw more USA pedestal poppin in the news

It’s cringe how many times I see these articles.
You will simply NEVER read for example ‘Belgian woman reveals her shock at Aussie custom’ this or that articles.
It’s just constant seeking of approval from the Americans on the one hand and jealous sniping and kicking when their down on the other.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Btw more USA pedestal poppin in the news

It’s cringe how many times I see these articles.
You will simply NEVER read for example ‘Belgian woman reveals her shock at Aussie custom’ this or that articles.
It’s just constant seeking of approval from the Americans on the one hand and jealous sniping and kicking when their down on the other.
A zulu of south Africa was shocked when he was told he couldn't bring his spear into aldi on his Australian holiday.
An 96 year old Algerian goat herder was left stunned when she went for a morning walk around bankstown to find a goat to milk and there was none

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

China and other enemies of America will be shitting in their pants after this

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No. Quite an alarmist suggestion in my view too.
Most people lock their doors when at home, regardless of gender.

Perhaps you should look at Shebah. Women only rideshare (drivers and passengers). Might save you some money vs taxis at the very least: https://www.shebah.com.au - they operate in Brisbane.
Is this not slightly alarmist? I don't see that 'every single woman in Australia' feels that.
Nor is is really 'prevalent'. Yes, there have been some awful incidents - Anita Cobby, Janine Balding, Jill Meagher, Eurydice Dixon etc etc.
One life taken is one too many. But to suggest this is a nightly scourge in or that it's somehow limited to Australia or that 100% of women are vulnerable I think is overstating it somewhat. 99.9% of men would never harm a woman. That said - can these sorts of crimes ever be totally eradicated? Unlikely. It starts with how children are raised. Everyone is a product of their environment and unfortunately some kids are not put on the right path nor provided the guidance they should be from an early age. We don't live in a perfect world.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No. Quite an alarmist suggestion in my view too.

Most people lock their doors when at home, regardless of gender.

Perhaps you should look at Shebah. Women only rideshare (drivers and passengers). Might save you some money vs taxis at the very least: https://www.shebah.com.au - they operate in Brisbane.

Is this not slightly alarmist? I don't see that 'every single woman in Australia' feels that.
Nor is is really 'prevalent'. Yes, there have been some awful incidents - Anita Cobby, Janine Balding, Jill Meagher, Eurydice Dixon etc etc.
One life taken is one too many. But to suggest this is a nightly scourge in or that it's somehow limited to Australia or that 100% of women are vulnerable I think is overstating it somewhat. 99.9% of men would never harm a woman. That said - can these sorts of crimes ever be totally eradicated? Unlikely. It starts with how children are raised. Everyone is a product of their environment and unfortunately some kids are not put on the right path nor provided the guidance they should be from an early age. We don't live in a perfect world.
Every woman? 100% chance they are going to be raped? Absolute rubbish isn’t it. Granted there are some sick and desperate men out there but this is just scare mongering and the sort of quotes you’d expect from some butt ugly know all leftie chick on Facebook with hairy armpits, one of those new trendy woman mullets and 30 piercings in her face

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Every woman? 100% chance they are going to be raped? Absolute rubbish isn’t it. Granted there are some sick and desperate men out there but this is just scare mongering and the sort of quotes you’d expect from some butt ugly know all leftie chick on Facebook with hairy armpits, one of those new trendy woman mullets and 30 piercings in her face
No shortage of man haters out there, that’s for sure.