News US policing Controversy

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Because it's only been on the news the past day or so in Aus.
Not suitable for the Kennel Lounge tho apparently :grinning:
Personally I hadn’t seen this before. It’s just another cheap shot though, to suit an agenda.
Are you directing that at me?
A cheap shot?
What agenda could it be?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not all cops are ***** (well these ***** are) just as not all blacks are criminals.
Apparently if a topical thread involving US cops comes up its an agenda or funny or not worth discussing cos it about Murica when more important things to discuss.

Assassin can you please delete your Murica thread pls. People find the topic triggers them :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They don’t trigger me, just bore me. @tonee asked you politely. Maybe keep them for the Facebook dopes
It was a very topical item leading the news feeds and on tv news bulletins. Something that was very relevent to policing criticisms in USA atm.

If you guys hadn't have jumped in to make it a personal attack on me and pile on, it could have been an interesting topic to talk about.

If you are bored, why the hell do you bother getting involved in my threads or posts.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Not all cops are ***** (well these ***** are) just as not all blacks are criminals.
Of course. Like this poor bastard who was killed in New Mexico in February:
There’s always rogues. No evidence they knew she had dementia during that initial contact.
Some of the other treatment was heavy handed and hence they’ve lost their jobs. But a broader ‘investigation’? Please…

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck the USA.
What about those dog corrupt welsh police Nearly 30 police officers in Wales have been charged with alleged criminal offences over the past five years.

Information from Freedom of Information Act requests sent to the four forces across Wales revealed 29 officers in total – a combination of constables, sergeants and other higher-ranked officials – had been charged with offences allegedly committed while they were working for South Wales Police, North Wales Police, Dyfed-Powys Police and Gwent Police.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Correct - hence rogues and no longer cops.
Doesn’t mean the whole system is like that.
Nah. Not at all.

Personally get frustrated by everyone piling in on the US, and cops there as they're not all bad at all. So so so many cops doing good things, but clearly there's still a lot of work to be done to correct these 'rogues' as you say. I'd argue that some of this is more instituitionalised than we believe but I honestly don't know enough or have the desire really to talk about it much more tbh

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck the USA.
What about those dog corrupt welsh police Nearly 30 police officers in Wales have been charged with alleged criminal offences over the past five years.

Information from Freedom of Information Act requests sent to the four forces across Wales revealed 29 officers in total – a combination of constables, sergeants and other higher-ranked officials – had been charged with offences allegedly committed while they were working for South Wales Police, North Wales Police, Dyfed-Powys Police and Gwent Police.
Fucking Welsh. Never liked them myself anyway ...

Should have a real look at what's happening over in the Ukraine for example. Or Russian. Or China.

Personally I think the stories there are much more important than the issues with policing in the US, not to say it's not important to stop the craziness in the US

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fucking Welsh. Never liked them myself anyway ...

Should have a real look at what's happening over in the Ukraine for example. Or Russian. Or China.

Personally I think the stories there are much more important than the issues with policing in the US, not to say it's not important to stop the craziness in the US
Fucking oath was hoping to be in the Ukraine by next year might give that a miss lol

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
why do we always care about the US matters.

Why does no one link about chechnyan police making someone disappear or something or Iranian police etc
why arent you banned

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I do find it funny how everyone thinks they know what’s right for America though. Yet no other countries. All good just an observation
I agree,
Something that embarrasses me about aussies is how they lecture Americans that both live here and abroad ( the latter usually in Facebook comments) on things like guns, politics etc but almost always have little idea on the intricacies and workings of it.
Guns especially.
They also make the mistake of thinking the Americans really care what we think either. Usually they are greeted with ‘that’s nice. You do Australia and we do America’ comments.
You don’t see Americans coming in and being overly interested in Aussie politics or history.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Because nobody tries to claim Chechnya or Iran’s systems should be emulated by us.
No one is really saying the same taht we should copy the US policing system.
I think your off the mark.
It’s a symptom of this obsessive jealousy and little brother syndrome Australia has of the USA where we feel the need to be in their club and when they fuck up it’s a gotcha moment.

I’ve lost count of the number of NEWS articles like ‘what an American thinks of Aussie slang’ or ‘what America thinks of travelling to Oz’ type ARTICLES.
And the obsession everytime a US actor lives here or the Hayne playing for the 49ers.

Australia are just obsessed with America but are jealous of the same time and it’s embarrassing

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We have a whole show dedicated to US politics called Planet America.
This is a good example of how embarrassing our American obsession is.

It’s actually bigoted.

imagine a show called ‘planet Africa’ and we poke fun of all the dumb shit that happens there. Like women letting farm animals lick their boobs and witch doctors curing aids or stuff like that.
It would NEVER happen.
Yet we can poke fun about another countries problems?
An ally no less.
like annoying flies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is a good example of how embarrassing our American obsession is.

It’s actually bigoted.

imagine a show called ‘planet Africa’ and we poke fun of all the dumb shit that happens there. Like women letting farm animals lick their boobs and witch doctors curing aids or stuff like that.
It would NEVER happen.
Yet we can poke fun about another countries problems?
An ally no less.
like annoying flies.
Gee Nash since you came back you've gotten all tired and emotional on us and heavily invested in negative vibes.

We have to pay strict attention to the yanks bc Pine Gap the first place the bombs will hit so we must continue our fascination with USA for that reason.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Gee Nash since you came back you've gotten all tired and emotional on us and heavily invested in negative vibes.

We have to pay strict attention to the yanks bc Pine Gap the first place the bombs will hit so we must continue our fascination with USA for that reason.
We might need to be a little nicer to them then