Uruguay hit by injury problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
Wednesday Nov 2 07:27 AEST
Uruguay appears to have an injury crisis ahead of next week's World Cup play-off against the Socceroos with both goalkeepers reportedly injured.

First-choice keeper Sebastian Viera hurt his collarbone playing for his Spanish club at the weekend and his father says he'll be out for two weeks.

Understudy Fabian Carini missed his Italian club's match because of a muscle strain.

Viera and Carini were the only two goalkeepers called up for Uruguay coach Jorge Fossati's side, who finished fifth in the South America zone qualifying to earn a play-off against Australia.

Another Uruguay international keeper, Gustavo Munua, who plays for Spanish club Deportivo La Coruna, was not called up for the play-offs and therefore can not be freed by his club.

©AAP 2005

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey look marge...it says u-r-gay

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
sucked in 2 the bastards and anyway it wouldnt have help there chances when australia smashes them in uruguay & australia

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
Uruguay are knobs... im south american and im still cheering on Australia, because im not stupid.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
so Australia will get a spot in the World cup at the expense of Coked out injured South Americans

thats just great
but they will just get flogged at least 5 - 0 by another group of coked out South Americans that dont have injury problems

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
As much as I hate Uruguay and I really do....Australia just has no chance of qualifying. Uruguay are going to rape us.

Bek

JC is my homeboy
Reaction score
i heard about the injuries to their keepers.. well think about it.. if they dont get a real goalkeeper ion then we have won the match/s! i dont care what happens as long as Australia wins and goes on to the world cup... regardless of how good they do in the cup i hope its awsome.
GO THE AUSSIES

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
now they are saying that diego forlan got injured in the champions league so he might be out 2

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
whats next? alvaro recoba has forging his passport? that will be front page news for the telecrap

Status
Not open for further replies.