Urban exploration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I follow a few pages on Youtube that do this sort of stuff. Urbex and crane climbing and stuff. Some of it's pretty amazing.

Abandoned Explorer - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjn8bDuukMsi0tAzSSVTyNQ/videos
Exploring with Fighters - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTNdfPdLPsQkR45BSotGVzw/videos
Exploring with Josh - https://www.youtube.com/user/theartofrealitycrew/videos (Probably the best of the lot in my opinion as he often goes into the history behind the places, and is genuinely respectful (along with above 2 guys), and gets rather excited about finding new things). He's currently in Chernobyl again.
James Sight - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvcrB9ZjNk9yUPKD3uXInHw/videos (Doesn't do as much abandoned stuff, but the stuff he's done is pretty good. He more does crane climbs, etc).

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gives me a funny feeling in my guts watching them crane climbs

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember there is a town in the US that had to be abandoned because there were underground fires from old mines.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More so when they hang off them with one hand. Just can't comprehend doing that

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the abandoned exploring stuff where they search buildings and tunnels. Always find Chernobyl interesting and eerie. Seen another one where they went into an abandoned russian space shuttle factory and one to do with abandoned tunnel that turned out to be a vault incase of nuclear attack. I can't remember who the guys were that do this stuff tho.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I watched one a few weeks ago about places such as hotels and even entire holiday resorts in Europe that became abandoned during the wars. The funny thing is they actually look like paradise when you consider the sun and water... you wonder why the people never came back.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Gives me a funny feeling in my guts watching them crane climbs
I couldn't do it. I'd get half way up then realise I probably should have taken a crap before I started.

Plus I'm not great with heights.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love the exploration shit. I'd do that in a heartbeat. When we were kids we used to explore the old army tunnels around Australia. Cape Banks was a great one. At the time you could find old munitions there as they never cleaned it out properly. Usually just a few shells here and there but it was pretty cool.

Couldn't do that roof top shit though. I remember reading about a YouTuber who does it and about 1-2 weeks ago he slipped and fell to his death.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe Was that the guy in China who tried to impress his girlfriend doing chin ups on the side of the building?

The magic number was 4 I think... 5th one he probably should have skipped leg day, as it resulted in him falling to his death.

THAT SAID, I felt the video looked rather faked.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe Was that the guy in China who tried to impress his girlfriend doing chin ups on the side of the building?

The magic number was 4 I think... 5th one he probably should have skipped leg day, as it resulted in him falling to his death.

THAT SAID, I felt the video looked rather faked.
Yeah, that's the one. Genius that guy.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I watched one a few weeks ago about places such as hotels and even entire holiday resorts in Europe that became abandoned during the wars. The funny thing is they actually look like paradise when you consider the sun and water... you wonder why the people never came back.
The price of the drinks !

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I seen one (can't remember where it was) and if you didn't know it was abandoned you'd think it was still a working resort. It's amazing how these million dollar resorts and even million dollar houses are just left to decay over time.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Theres a series Abandoned Engineering... looked brilliant.

Only problem was half the program was in another language and it was never subtitled, which sucked balls.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Theres a series Abandoned Engineering... looked brilliant.

Only problem was half the program was in another language and it was never subtitled, which sucked balls.
If it's in Indian we can get it translated by our resident injun.

Status
Not open for further replies.